Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by docdb
It never fails to amaze me how some hunting guides can just about skip rope through terrain that I'm down on all fours holding on for dear life! grin

Easy for some to poo poo that statement.
Until you have been in wicked, jagged country you just don't understand.

Blackstone has had a good reputation for many years.
I contemplated a sheep hunt with them myself.
Sheep in decline?

You are a real trooper.
I just finished a backpack hunt a few days ago.
I feel your pain.
Those gruelling hunts that put you on the brink of survival are something you will never ever forget.
Seems to take about a year for the memories of pain to subside and the fever to to burn strong again, but it will...
Congrats on a hard earned hunt that cannot be measured in inches.
Good things will come your way.
One of the best documented huns I've seen on a BB.
[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
GB1

docdb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks again, I'm already reminiscing. The feet have healed, but some of the toes are still numb, and I'm already thinking about going back!
I'm starting to worry that my relaxing my training is going to result in a return to the "chunky monkey".
Got to get motivated.............

I've been told via email that the Canadian chap that was still in the field with me got a nice ram, and that the hunters in the week following me had a much better time of it, killing nice rams early. The silver lining is that they have "invited" me back to get my ram, hmmmmm.................
I've got my "goat thang" going up in SE AK in 2010 (I can't get those goats out of my blood, and it's time for a Booner); maybe 2011 I'll have a different Blackstone report.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yes, I, too, am very familar with pain. Frankly, one of the worst problems I have is pushing myself during the off season. Not just a time or two, but making myself exercise regularly to keep myself up. Luckly I have some neat mountains in my backyard here to play with and "put on the finishing touches" to my workout routine.
Yes, we forget easily the strain and the pain. And want to go back.
In really great country, I tend to push too much. Which can lead to problems too. E

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (673, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 29aholic, 805, 16 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,936
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.