Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Scott F
Invite them for dinner. Even if you conclude that they are weird, that is something you know about someone there.

Some of my best friends are the weird ones. Guess that says a lot about me. grin

smile

Chuck

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Not really. Lots of weird folks are interesting.

You are way to kind,. I am weird and darned proud of it! grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Lots of weird folks are [bleep] nuts.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Sounds like you're reeeeeaaaaaallllll happy B. Drunk and angry. What a way to achieve happiness. I believe you're right, you do get it.

I don't get angry, guy,...but when some sprout keeps insisting that everybody has to live a life of misery, I'll point out the errors of their ways.

As for me havin' a buzz?,...maybe,..but I guarentee you,..my opinion on letting others run my life will still be the same tomorrow.

If you ever reach the point where you learn to live your own life,..you'll agree with me.

Until then you'll be miserable and continue to encourage others to adopt the same perspective.

No thanks,...

I've already been there. I'm "happy" not to be there now.

Age does have its advantages.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And lots of nuts of [bleep] weird.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Sprout"? lol Whatever you say son, but you sure sound angry and you are definitely drunk. Live your life however you want to, but doing my duty ultimately makes me happy and from what I've seen, constantly running after one's own happiness is a vain pursuit. Personally, you don't sound as happy as you make out on here.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
from what I've seen, constantly running after one's own happiness is a vain pursuit.

Keep telling yourself that.

It works for a while.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Give it time and the anchor will release itself. I stumbled with my family 3 times like you. I chalk it up to being comfortable to what you are used to and dealing with the NEW. If it's suppose to happen, it will come. Be patient and have faith.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That said it will never happen if you don't allow it to.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
FWIW nobody will dictate my happiness. I have no duty except to my family. Life is too short not to be happy............and if I am not happy I may as well be 6 feet under.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That said it will never happen if you don't allow it to.

Mabe I am being resistant...............something to think about on my end!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If you tell yourself that it sucks, it will.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
only you can say

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rich,

I've been meaning to call you. Work has really sucked lately and as of Friday my position is being eliminated. Now I have plenty of time and my wife suggested I just enjoy this hunting season and hunt as much as I can. grin

Are you interested in going hunting? Cohutta WMA has a buck only & bear firearms hunt Oct 8-11. This WMA is over 96000 acres of PA type mountains. I haven't been up there in 10 years and it was a December hunt in snow. I remember thinking I liked the area. Weather should be nice unless it's raining. It is public land so there will be plenty of hunters. You'll think you're in the Allegheny Nat'l Forest!

Anyone else interested? I think there is a camping area there too so I may just spend the whole weekend up there.

RH

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by himmelrr
Rich,

I've been meaning to call you. Work has really sucked lately and as of Friday my position is being eliminated. Now I have plenty of time and my wife suggested I just enjoy this hunting season and hunt as much as I can. grin

Are you interested in going hunting? Cohutta WMA has a buck only & bear firearms hunt Oct 8-11. This WMA is over 96000 acres of PA type mountains. I haven't been up there in 10 years and it was a December hunt in snow. I remember thinking I liked the area. Weather should be nice unless it's raining. It is public land so there will be plenty of hunters. You'll think you're in the Allegheny Nat'l Forest!

Anyone else interested? I think there is a camping area there too so I may just spend the whole weekend up there.

RH

Give me a buzz some evening this week..........after 9 PM if you can I am using alot of cell minutes. I would like to talk to you about hunting!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
See

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by slasher
They can be provincial (closed, ignorant, unfriendly to outsiders), to say the least, in the rural and small town areas.

Ironically, those are the same usual cheerleaders for "those damned unfriendly Yankees" rants too.... whistle

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was born and raised in Washington state and lived in the same house until I was 18 and joined the military. Since then, I've lived in 9 states and 3 countrys. 18 different houses (not including deployments and temporary duty). I've recently come to the conclusion that there's no place like home. Only took 25 years.

Last edited by bufaf; 09/28/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been in shoes like yours rahtreelimbs. I suspect the unsettled feeling is more than just a form of longing for home. Most humans need routine, myself included, to give us a feeling of being comfortable and settled with our lives. When the day to day of our lives is relatively settled, we are free to go ahead and think about our individual interests knowing that the daily routine will go on and provide the day to day stability many of us crave.

When our favored activities no longer hold any attraction for us it can be a sign of mild depression. I hope you can tough it out long enough so that even if you do move back, you can say to yourself that you gave it an honest try. Remember that when you made the decision to move, you were thinking clearly and were in a place (routine) you were comfortable with.

I've been relocated from my home city for nearly 13 years and it no longer has the attraction for me that it once did. It used to try to draw me back home whenever I thought about it. Becoming absorbed with my job and my honeydo items at our home helped me a lot ( building more daily routine).

Take my input for what it's worth. Just an average guy who's been in your shoes. Walk in them for a while and maybe they'll break in and fit. Above all listen to your heart and your family on this.

Best of luck.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was talking to my wife about it last night. I hate to say this, but there's gotta be a support group around Atlanta for people from far off who have moved there.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 79S, 1beaver_shooter, 44automag, 17 invisible), 13,766 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,335
Posts18,546,247
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.