Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Boggy, -- got this problem, got a tiger by the tail. Cat in live trap, wilder than a March hair, when you walk up it starts running from one end of cage to the other, slaming into the ends, will reach out through the wire with claws digging at earth to get to me. Got the hammer ready, just a common ole hammer for us pore folks but it drives nails just fine. My problem is, if I hit that sucker in the cage it will bend up Gaby's trap, if I open the door, that ball of teeth and claws will be like hitting a ping pong ball with a hammer. How do you do it??? Thought about having Sherry drive down the highway about 70 and open the door to the cage facing out the back of the suburban. what you think?? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] Wish I was closer to Dallas, would open the door on loop 635 where everyone up there does. I know they do cause I see so many results. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No, <BR> That's all I need, I can see it now, the "Soybean Sniper" news at 6;-)...<P>--- What kind of school? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] --<BR> <BR> Harvard University. It's been interesting though I admit Cambridge and Harvard Square have been a radical departure from life on the farm;-). Looking forward to going home friday for a week or so. I figure a week of skeet, playing with my labrador, and trying to thin out the fox population with my Kimber Hornet is just what the doctor ordered. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving if I don't speak with before then. <P>Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Say, this cat thing reminded me of the time I was in high school in Oklahoma City, some girl brought a cat into the stage room where some of us used to hide out, after a couple of days, stink was not the word. I went across the street to the grocery store, bought a bottle of terpinetine. We opened the stage back door into the hall by the girls bathroom, my buddy broke the cat down like a shotgun and I poured the terpentine. Sat that cat down and he started walking into the girls room,(door was blocked open for floor to dry between classes). That ole cat would walk a few steps and set down and slide a few two or three times before he started climbing the walls and howling. Course we dissapeared across the stage and out the other door, and across the street to the grocery store lunch room. Later the story was related to us about the principal and janitor trying to catch that cat before the bell rang and hundreds of students in the halls. Guess everyone heard that cat telling the world about his bottom. Great fun at the time. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] And no more cats in the school! Later in the year we caught the school mascot,(mean goat), on the football field, drug that sucker in the back door and turned him loose in the hall, slick floors. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img] That time we got to watch the principal backing out the front doors, holding the goats horns and looking like he wished to be someplace else. -- no<P>Keep this in perspective, these things happened in the 1940s when life was slower gentler.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Goleee Matt, -- that's not a school, that's a tradition! Didn't realize we had such people around this ole campfire, remind me to say sir from now on. Hope you don't "outgrow" us. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] -- no

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheister:<BR><STRONG>Well, since you guys broached the subject of road rugs, cat pizzas, and vehicles as animal management devices, I guess it's my turn to join the fray. (where the heck is Tex when you need him?)<BR>Since a vehicle seems to be the cat control weapon of choice, at least in my neighborhood, we must realize that the "projectile" making contact is the tire. <BR>So, from this basis, what is the ideal speed, tire compound, and brand for humane dispatching of cats and other feral creatures? For instance, I would have to assume Stick would prefer the small hot rods like a Porsche at 120 mph, doing mayhem on small, loose feral critters. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] BW, on the other hand, would prefer hitting them with a dually pick up while slowly roadhunting, then backing up over them, over and over. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<BR>Are Michelins better than Goodyears, or do we dare risk "projectile" failure by using those hated Firestones? (btw, do you think this could be the REAL cause of all those accidents blamed on Firestone tires? Road bumps with teeth?)<BR>Personally, I kind of like the mud treads for the additional "texture" that results in the final pizza design. But then I'm sure others can just as well look at the Pirelli design and dream of sports car "weapons".<BR>Sure hope we don't get a flame war going here over standards or magnums- heck, it seems even a subcompact could be effective with proper "shot" placement. <BR>Let's try to keep this on topic, ok guys- no mentioning the pesky cats that end up in your engine compartment at inopportune times, sleeping on the alternator belts, etc... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]- Sheister</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Schiester, when you play tag with a cat or cat sized critter a speeds in excess of 80mph in a Porshe the projectile that first comes in contact with said critter is the front air dam. This wonderfull work of fiberglass tends to break into smaller pieces than it was when you first left your driveway. And they are rather expensive to go cat hunting with usually a bit over $250.00 unpainted or installed and if you happen to break one of those fine German driving lights mounted in the air dam, well that adds an extra $100 or so. I have first hand expirance at tagging a possum at around 100mph. Very bad luck for the critter almost equally bad for me. So use the big truck when road hunting ferral cats or Afgani's.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA Life Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This has gotton way to funny for me not to reply with something. We have the same problem with stray cats around our place, because they breed like rabbits, but our method is altogether different.....I wouldnt waste the pellets on a cat. We just live trap them and then let the hound dog pups chase em down and strtch them out in the fashion meant for all cats to go to kitty heaven. It gives them honor to be stretched by hounds, kinda like it gives BinLaden honor to die for his religion. Good on ya Sonny, I woulda got rid of the pest just used a different tool. IMHO :lol By the way Sonnie havent heard from ya in a while. Did communicate with Boggy a couple times tho. Finally done elk hunting last sunday. Now on to the BIG KITTIES, dont think we'll try the pellet gun approach tho....:lol bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey bcat, -- great to hear from a real cat hunter. In the off season you might consider coming to Texas and start hunting feral cats with a smaller type dog, say a Beagle or Weeney dog. I haven't reset the trap since the last cat but will tonight. Maybe your mail box won't be running over now that seasons are over and we can chat, if your not out in the hills chasing cats and bears. Tell Debbie HI and we miss her cooking. -- no

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,349
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.