Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#33429 11/08/01
mtgoat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I was just watching tv and felt that I needed to speak my peace. Is nothing sacred??? Why does JC Penney and every other retailer need to have a sale for Veterans Day??? What do women's shoes, dresses, kitchen appliances or linnens have to do with Veterans??? <B>One thing and one thing only, but it is the biggest thing of all.</B> Without Veterans they wouln't be able to have a sale because they wouldn't even be in buisness and we would be counting our meager almost non-existant pennies in some other form of currency!!! Big buisness needs to honor "Veterans Day" for what it really is and not to have another sale. Isn't it bad enough that we let them have Christmas? Which they have totally corrupted and brainwashed the public into beleiving what Christmas is about. I wonder if they will have a good sale on American flags for the holiday!

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.

mtgoat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
By the way, I want to say thank you to all my fellow Veterans and wish you all have a great day on November 11!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mt Goat,<P>Thank you.<P>Wade S. Samuelson<BR>CPT, FA USA

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
mtgoat <P>Thank you!<P>And thanks to all that made the ultimate sacrifice so that we all can enjoy the bennies of this great country.<P>T LEE Sgt E-5<BR>U S Army MP/Doorgunner<BR>S E Asia War Games

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Want to make a Veteran's day? If you find out someone you know is a vet, shake his hand and tell him thank you for his service to our great country. No matter who it is, it will practically bring tears to his eyes. I've had people do it to me, and my son who just got out of the Marines has had several people do it to him and it makes his chest at least 2 sizes larger!<P>And to all the vets who frequent this board, and those who no longer can- consider this a big THANK YOU from one vet to another. <P>Sheister<BR>Spec. 4 Schulz<BR>The Big Red 1<BR>Infantry- King of Battle

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thank you.<P>Scott F<BR>AKA Robert Fairing MR1 USN (24 years)

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thanks.<P>bt3 cox, usn<BR>uss constellation (cv-64)

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well men,as the sole non-GI,thus far. I'd like to shake each one of your hands and give you a pat on the back,for jobs well done. Please don't think,that such things go unappreciated,because they certainly do NOT(by me).<P>I'd like to comment on a True American that goes unnoticed by many. His name? Tom Hanks. I watched the final episode of Band of Brothers,last night. What a powerful Documentary and so well done,that I can think of none other,that came even close in it's vivid portrayal and overwhelming power.<P>I'm a History fan and this was America at her BEST,the 101st in WWII. My point of this,is to note to those of you that may be interested,there is a Veteran's Day Tribute to these men. It is my understanding,that it will be interviews and thoughts of these brave men,in their own words. There was sprinkles of these gentlemen,in the course of the HBO mini-series,but this segment will be dedicated to them.<P>I eagerly await the chance to catch a glimpse of these unselfish Heroes and learn more about their feats of Bravery. HBO gets two thumbs up by me,for not cutting corners and telling the REAL stories. That is something one rarely sees,in this day and age and I for one appreciate the candor.<P>The Specials airs this Sunday at 7:30PM Alaska time. It is Titled aptly,"We Stand Alone Together:The Men of Easy Company". My Family and I will be watching it and hope to share in just a glimmer of their pride,for this Great Nation.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, pat on the back, Blah, Blah, Blah ................<BR>Talk is cheap. Do something.<BR>AC2 Loud Cloud<BR>U.S.S. Independence CV62<P>Carry on with the cat roast.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well,I could lace Bin Laden squarely between the eyes,but I doubt he lives in Alaska and I don't live in "Ghannystan". That leaves me fresh out of options,in that regard.<P>I donate to disabled Vet charities,amongst others. Never have I once taken my freedom for granted,nor slighted the prices paid by others,for me to enjoy it. I've tried my best to instill that in my children,as well.<P>My post was/is sincere and the point wasn't meant to dazzle you. It was intended as a most sincere "Thanks",to those that have served. If meaningless to you,that is your business............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Loud Cloud, what the he*l was that all about?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thankyou.<P>Spec 4 Oldham<BR>U.S. Army<BR>9th Infantry Division<BR>"Motorized"

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I too want to thank my fellow vets and all of those who provide the support on the homefront.<P>SSG Green<BR>67S3P<BR>AirCav<P>"They have reason to fear the darkness, for we own the night!"<P> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1489643&a=11230369&p=56178131[/img]

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

mtgoat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Looks like a good bunch plus one ??? and since everyone is putting in theirs I will add mine. Lets hear from some more!<P>SFC L.F.<BR>5th S.F. (18A)<P>"De Oppresso Liber"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I sit here with a tear in my eye and swelling of my heart. I too would like to thank all of the vets here and elsewhere for their service.(heck all I did was feed 'em)<P>I saw the entire series of "band of brothers" and am looking forward to seeing the last one.<P><BR>Darrell Steenwyk<BR>USN <BR>MS3 (a cook) <BR>I served on the USS Enterprise (air craft carrier), USS Clark (fast frigate), and USS Peterson (destroyer)

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This vet thanks all you guys that gave a part of the prime of your life to stand up for our country and the freedoms we all cherish. Our battle is never over and eternal vigilance is the key for us all.<P>Senior Tactical Instructor Sneed<BR>BMTC Lackland AFB

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awww Heck,<BR>If Veterans day gives just a moments pause of thought,o the rampant ingrates in our society,that's good enough for me.<BR>Those before us ,didwhat they did,and we have done what we did,so that our way of life can go on.I wouldn't want to be the one to interrupt that for any reason,and I don't think those who have fallen would either.<BR>A simple pause,and a silent "Thanks" will suffice.That's what I do.<BR>Thanks!<BR>Pat Eddinger <BR>USMC. MCSF.8531 Cadre<BR>0811/0812<BR>P.S.<BR>Who would volunteer to be the one to stand between all those Soccer moms,and a sale at Hudsons?<BR>Sorry.Call me Chicken!!!

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I would like to shake the hand of each and every Vet. out there and buy every one of you a drink of your favorite beverage. I will be having a talk with the Great Spirit about the ones that have gone before us.<P>Dennis R. Grob <BR>LCPL USMC 1963-1969<BR>3rd generation

Marine Corps, Mason, NRA Life Member & Cherokee
May you always know the Great Spirit is with you.
Years ago I swore an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign & DOMESTIC and no one has relieved me of that oath!
C
C
I would like to thank all of the VETERANS out there everywhere for the sacred blood that they shed for the price of FREEDOM. I would also like to sign in for my father whom is tending to wounded MARINES in HEAVEN.<BR>Stevens, Charles R. Jr.,CORPSMAN/Pharmacist's Mate First Class USNR, 1st. Corps Medical Battalion, Co.B, Fleet Marine Force, Pacific Theatre, WWII. 9/9/42-10/11/45, SEMPER FI!!!<BR> I am Charles R. Stevens III, Corpsman, USNR, 11/70-10/73

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Thanks to all my brothers and sisters that served.<P>Sgt T Lee<BR>U.S. Army Telecommuncations<BR>08/68-08/76

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,565 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.