-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pumpgun:<BR><STRONG>Thanks to all my brothers and sisters that served.<P>Sgt T Lee<BR>U.S. Army Telecommuncations<BR>08/68-08/76</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There's two of us?

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T Lee, -- yes, there are two of you and at times keeps me guessing which one. Pumpgun lives in Gods country,(Colorado), and has a motel for a tent, furnace for a stove, and shoots a 35 Whelen. Talk about being rigged up for hunting and living where it is. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
it is a scarry thought isn't it. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read this on another site and thought it was appropriate:<P>"It is the soldier, not the reporter,<BR>Who has given us freedom of the press.<BR>It is the soldier, not the poet,<BR>Who has given us freedom of speech.<BR>It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,<BR>Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.<BR>It is the soldier,<BR>Who salutes the flag,<BR>Who serves beneath the flag,<BR>And whose coffin is draped by the flag,<BR>Who allows the protester to burn the flag."<P>Father Denis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks to the vets, your service is not taken for granted. I'm not exactly a non-vet, having served in another country, but am now a proud US citizen [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] . Thanks again.<P>BTW, Loud Cloud, I'm still trying to figure out what the heck was posted to elicit that response from you. I saw nothing inflammatory, enlighten us please. badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm old enough to remember when Nov. 11 was Armistice day and what the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month meant. Old enough to remember a couple of Civil War vets riding in the back of a pickup in the parade and when the WWI vets could still march with their Kelly helments on. And I sure won't forget some good buddies that stayed in South Vietnam, Republic of.<BR>Thanks guys, see you again sometime.<BR>BCR<BR>US Army <BR>Ordance Corps.

Quando Omni Moritati
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
MtGoat: Those flower children of my era,(such as the Clinton's) didn't want anything to do with the Military back then, and probably not now. The trick to Veterans Day is to actually take the time to remember those who served and supported the Military in the past, now, and will support in the future. Avoid those parties and BBQ's with little or nothing to do with Veterans Day, and go visit an old folks home where a Vet sits with no one to care.<P>Philip L. Passmore<BR>SP5, 12th Combat Engineers<BR>"Airborne Demolition"

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hey guys,<P>I had decided to refrain from posting on this site, as it seems that my views are not appreciated much here. (Go figure!) [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] I've never intended to spoil your fun, but sometimes I see things here that, to me, beg for my sage interjection. (My mistake.) I suppose I owe some kind of explanation for my mysterious (?) outburst on this thread. After all, I have learned plenty while visiting here, and I want to say thanks for that.<P>To be straight forward about it, I guess I've had my fill of Big Stick and those that worship at his altar, usually without so much as a questioning glance, to boot. He just accused me of being a "politically correct" yuppie in his characteristically round-about way on another thread. I disagree. <P>Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have no problem with that, but to spew forth such ballistic nonsense as we've all seen come from him, with the air of great authority, is a despicable dis-service to a boatload of readers. <P>Now, he blabbers on, on this thread about great service to country, and how much it means to him (Why don't you enlist, B.S.? ... We did.) AND GOES ON about that great patriot that the rest of us dummies have overlooked ... TOM HANKS. TOM HANKS???????<P>Give me a friggin break, will you, oh Great One?!!! Tom Hanks, imo, is a world class leftist bedwetter. He was much more than generous in his support for such patriots as Senator Diane Feinstein (a nationally famous gun control advocate), Al Gore, etc., etc.. He has been kissing Bill Clinton's ass (just figuratively speaking, as far as I know) for years, and helping to raise money for his various legal cases. He's a pretty good actor, I'll give him that. But he sure ain't no patriot in my book. More smoke (rather than reliable substance) from Big Stick. (Surely they have newspapers in Alaska, don't they?)<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Stick:<BR><STRONG><BR>I'd like to comment on a True American that goes unnoticed by many. His name? Tom Hanks. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I'm outa here, boys. Y'all take care, and don't believe everything you hear/see/read.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hope I'm not to late. I agree that the media and others sometimes commercialize things to much. I'd like to say THANK YOU to all the veterans who have served for our great country. Thank you for protecting our freedoms.,,,,,BEARHUNTER

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I beg to differ. Tom Hanks was instrumental,regarding the accurate portrayal,in the WWII flick,"Saving Private Ryan". It too was based in truth and was documentary more or less.<P>He was also instrumental in getting some WWII Memorials made,by the use of his well known face and some gentle nudging. The guy didn't have to,there was NO financial gain by him,he did it because it was the correct thing to do.<P>After being involved with the WWII vets,he then was instrumental in the HBO mini-series, "Band of Brothers". All of those things,make him a True American in my eyes. He doesn't ride those feats,for Political gain,nor as a financial trump card. I think the guy does it,because he loves his country. That is sadly lacking by those who have such clout. Though the recent Terrorist Attacks,have opened some eyes in Hollywood.<P>I never called the man a Patriot,nor a Hero,rather a True American. I never said he stormed the beaches at Normandy,nor that he was a Marine Raider. The point of my mentioning him,has top do with the unselfish things he's done for vets,the vets of WWII especially.<P>Rather than taint this thread anymore,I'll start a new one,so you can<BR>say what you mean..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Be that as it may....<P>Shiester, you have 2 great post here. I urge all of you to shake the hand of a veteran and say thanks this weekend. A friend of mine did that to me yesterday, and it made my day! Pass that feeling along to someone else.<BR>7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As an example:<P>EXCERPT: "PORT EVERGLADES, Fla. (Reuters) - The U.S. Navy marked<BR>Veteran's Day on Thursday by bestowing its highest civilian honor on<BR>movie giants Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg for their work on the<BR>World War II film ``Saving Private Ryan.'' Under Secretary of the Navy<BR>Jerry Hultin awarded Hanks, the movie's star, and Spielberg, its<BR>director, the Distinguished Public Service Award aboard the U.S.S.<BR>Normandy at Port Everglades, south of downtown Fort Lauderdale.<P><BR>.....<P><BR>That was bestowed on Nov.11,1999 (Veterans Day)............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Okay,<P>Since everyone else is doing it...<P>Thanks to all the vets out there! Especially the men and women who served in combat during...<P>WWI<BR>WWII (let's get that memorial rolling!)<BR>Korea<BR>and Vietnam<P>This from a Cold War Soldier.<P>Brian Wamack SGT US Army Huey/Blackhawk Crewchief<BR>101st Airborne Ft Campbell Ky ('84-'87)<BR>6th ID Ft Wainwright Ak ('87-'91)<P>Currently AMT1 (E6) HH-3F Pelican (Jolly Green) and HH-60J Jayhawk Flightmech <BR>US Coast Guard ('92-present)

Brian

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Welcome home "E" while some are comming in, others are going out. But their all brave guy's and gal's.<P>Phil

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey Everyone,<BR>My school did something i was proud of for veterans day,yesterday they called every student in the high school as well as the middle school out to the fence beside the road and gave each student an american flag and we placed the flags on the fence and now there is a seemingly endless wall of red white and blue. all total there is around 3thousand little flags flapping in the wind. as i drive by i feel pride in our great country and i would like to thank all of you who have defended this country at anytime. <BR>YH

MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!
mtgoat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have been absent from this board for some time and obviously missed what ever took place with stick and loudcloud. But it sure seems from the posts here that loudcloud doesn't seem to offer anything of substance. I don't support anyone, so don't lump me in any catagory except the get it done type! This thread was also not intended to be another one of bickering but one of unity!!!!

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Goat,<P>My apologies. I did not want to taint the meaning of your thread.........

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well, the meaning of this thread is still the same I suppose. I just finished watching 'Saving Private Ryan' on tv.<BR> And I wish a Happy Veteren's day to all who read this, and since it is your day, and you are a veteren, then every day is a veteren's day. Thank you all for serving your country, whether you fought in WW2, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, or in no war at all, but no matter what, thank you all.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, Aviator, 11 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.