Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 232 of 1,842 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They are all good mornings though...Heading out to mow some trails this afternoon by the deer stands, just borrowed a brush mower to pull behind the ranger. Looking like better get it done today....hardly need ice in the cooler much longer.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
oh I can't wait!
I sense a few painful mornings are headed our way

You're in college man....you should know how to do this better than us. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You have a few weeks to perfect that crapolade Buschy....I'll trade you for a whiskey old fashiond....or 5. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Berettaman,

It depends on who's selling it. Kids down the street? $0.25. A cute little tyke that I know and love? Heck, I'd probably slip him a few Washingtons just to make his day. wink
Expensive lemonade stands reminds me of a funny story I once heard. Don't know if it really happened or if it was just told as an anecdote.

A gentleman is walking down the street when he comes across a young boy selling lemonade. He decides to buy a glass and asks the kid 'How much?'.

The kid replies 'One million dollars.'

The guy scoffs and laughs and says 'Kid, how many glasses of lemonade do you think you're going to sell at THAT price?!'

The kid responds 'Mister, I don't have to sell a LOT of glasses, I just have to sell ONE!'

grin whistle

So watch out Berettaman, kids these days can be quite crafty.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The news about Cole is Wonderful to hear that he still has his Spirit full as for the mix drink stand I'm thinking a glass from him would be well worth whatever I had on me too.. Hopefully a 50 as well.

Brad Welcome to Dave and his ChickenbuckCampfire!

TZone,Dave and all the camp outing guys I'm Jealous Real Jealous! Me I got stuck at Moms puttin up a new door, spraying for bugs, cutting grass and adding more to the landscape wall I'm workin on down there.

Got out long enough to get me another car last weekend for thetravel to and from work, a Taurus so the Explorer now joins the F150 as weekend family fun vehicle #2..LOL... Gas has been much easier this week on the pocket change so far.

Have to get Kiddo from Bball practice to Band practice and over to her hunter ed course this weekend hopefully she has no trouble. Thinking if she passes she may also shoot her first ducks and geese this season like another kiddo at chickenbuck has done recently.

40's here so far for lows with mid to upper 70s for highs corn and beans coming out of the fields fast now, rain tomorrow though and cooler temps coming. Bring it on bought two new heavyweight orange parkas the other day while out shoppin with Momma.

Need to finish my house round theweekend of the 12th or so and then get my trailer finished inside with bunkbuckbeds and then well aaahahhh. I'll say its huntin season will be picking up the bow soon..

Long winded wabo who is covered in work and wishin he could go with Dave on Wapiti hunt soon, says now back to regularly scheduled chickenbuck discussion.. wink wink

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wabo, good to hear from you. Running the kids to all their activities can sure keep you on the go.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wabster....long time no speaky. Good to hear from you man!

This weather makes a guy want to hunt, that is for sure. But of course it is fall, so there is a lot of work for the northern climate boys to get done.

This weekend it's time to put the boat away. I'm taking it out one more time to run some seafoam in the system...at least that's the story I'm going with. smile Draining the gear oil, fogging cylinders, all the good stuff. It has been a good first year with that boat.

We are going to an orchard this weekend too. They have a bunch of stuff for kids to do, corn maze, tractor rides, stuff like that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No old fashiones here Tzone, I'l have the Crapolade in pitchers raring to go when you get here. I was out mowing some lanes last night and for the trails those deers got in my woods is crazy...now i might at least get a chance to see them. the grass was over the cab of the ranger when i was cutting. I tell you it took a few to get what i did mowed. All fun though. No reason to park the boat yet. Some of the best fishing is yet to come. right after morning post....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The lemonade stand was a success and I had the most expensive half a cup of lemonade I hope I ever have! The fire department let them use one of the those big inflatable jumping things where all the kids go inside and jump. They had a blast. Cole was there and looked good I thought. Lots of people showed up.

Forms are up on the house, if the weather cooperates (it aint looking good) they will prolly pour the foundation today.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Don't have a lot of time to fish now buschy... frown I have to get our WI camp going. My FIL is sick, so I have work to do around his place this fall yet. I love fall fishing, but my pards have boats, so that isn't a problem.

Beretta,

Good to hear about Cole, and the housing situation.

You'd be surprised at what they will pour conc. in. Don't let them do it without plastic if it is raining. Wathc those boys like a hawk...trust me.

Conc. guys will pour in anything unless you tell them not to.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good luck with the pour. Are they adding calcium chloride to the mix to keep it from freezing?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
dunno on the calcium chloride, but it isnt gonna freeze here for the foreseeable future.

I havent been out there yet today, but stuck at work here. i will try and get out there this afternoon. This is the basement walls they are pouring, no flat work, so rain shouldnt be as big of an issue I wouldnt think.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Good luck with the pour. Are they adding calcium chloride to the mix to keep it from freezing?

You don't need that until it stays below freeszing for most of the day, or a good part of it.

The conc. will make it's own heat as part of the curing process, until it gets real cold.

Cloride can be a tricky bugger too, a little too much and you're hosed. A good cover over it will do you as much good at this time of year.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

You don't need that until it stays below freeszing for most of the day, or a good part of it.

The conc. will make it's own heat as part of the curing process, until it gets real cold.

Cloride can be a tricky bugger too, a little too much and you're hosed. A good cover over it will do you as much good at this time of year.

I was going to add "I hope not". I've seen some bad results when it's not used correctly.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
a nice cool, cloudy, even misty day is about perfect for concrete. No frost though.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I just got some interesting news.

"the boy" CBF isn't going to make it out hunting with us for deer opener this year at chickenbuck.

wanna know why?

cause he was invited to the governors deer opener hunt this year.

How cool is that? gov Pawlenty's 7th annual deer opener hunt will be in Thief River Falls MN & my boy "the boy" is invited.

It's very cool, very proud of him but we're still going to tease him when he finally does show up at camp for beeing too fancy & important to hunt with the likes of us grin

First things first though, we have an elk hunt straight ahead of us.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too cool!!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pretty cool Dave, it's maybe a good thing he's going there with all the stories that are going to be flying around Chickenbuck with Tzone there.....

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
grin

hey guys...

pssssssst..

We're going elk hunting....

YaHoooooooooooo!!!!!!!! grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Way cool about CBF. Congrats to him for being picked.

Dave are you packed yet?

48 and raining here this morning. Not a good day to work outside. mad

Page 232 of 1,842 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.