Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bad enough to buy a Manhindra?

http://www.mahindranc.com/4door.html

Now, taking deposits...... Think I'm going to sit on my wallet a bit longer. FWIW, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been following this for over a year and was considering it......but the trans went out of my 88 Chevy 4x4 this spring and I didn't want to put any more money into the truck, so I found a like new 2004 Toyota extra cab 4x4 Tacoma with 46k miles and brought it home......

What I REALLY wanted was my 2004 Tacoma with a turbo diesel under the hood!!

Cancer Sucks
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I read an article about GM working on a deal to market them a year or 2 ago. Having an established network of dealerships would have made it more palatable. If Mahindra has to establish their own dealer network, I see it taking a few years minimum before they have a decent support system.

The 4 door has a lot of overhang at the rear. Looks like the rear bumper would be dragging a lot. Even worse if you put a receiver on it. There's no manual trans option either.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would like to have one of those little pickups! I would hook it up to the rearend of my 1-ton Superduty and use it as a spare tire so to speak. LOL

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What I really, really, REALLY wanted was for Jeep to make the little diesel pickup (Gladiator: http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/gladiator.html) they were teasing us about. Of course, it probably would have had that dog of an engine they saddled the Liberty with...

This one? I want an extended cab, and a stick. Need room for the dogs and a full bed. Perhaps it will light a fire under the other players. FWIW, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I remember the gladiator. The 4 banger in the liberty put out 195 hp and 300 ft lb of torque; I think it would have been just fine with the 6 speed behind it. Something more easily brought to market would have been just to drop either the 4 cylinder diesel from the liberty or the 6 cylinder diesel from the grand cherokee into the dakota. I'd have settled for that.

Better yet would be if Toyota would import the hilux diesel.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If Toyota came out with a turbo diesel pickup I might have to stop by the Showroom. They make a great diesel motor but I guess diesels aren't as "GREEN" as hybrids mad

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bucktail, the problem of the Liberty engine wasn't the specs, it was that they couldn't keep it running... FWIW, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm not doubting you, but all I ever heard was that it wouldn't pass new emissions regs.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw a road test of the Mahindra in an Aussie car magazine. Damn thing almost fell apart on them.......

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a pile o' chit to me! I'd be embarrassed to be seen in one, let alone owning one! wink

ken@the river
GO DUCKS!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I went to diesel mechanic school for a year while in high school, one of our projects was mounting a mechanical cummins in a 79 Chevy LUV 4x4!

it was a neat little truck when we got done, we put a nice flat bead on it and 33" tires,had the autobody class put a nice paint job on it. hell I'd own one! our instructor also taught the auto mechanics class, he had them installing a 318 mopar in an identical LUV!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bucktail
Better yet would be if Toyota would import the hilux diesel.

I would be in that line for sure!

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The rest of the world has loved them things for many years. Figure if there was some way Toyota could've gotten them accepted by the bureaucrats here, we'd have had them long ago?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
As long as we buy what is made available, executive bonuses will continue to get priority over R&D for clean-burning small diesels.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Why can't we get the Hilux or the Landcruiser with a ute box like I see in Africa or Australia? Guess I I'll just keep my Turbodiesel Scout.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Was told that Toyota would import their small truck diesels if they were allowed to....

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My neice and her family just got back from an extended working trip to romania. They had a v-8 deisel car there and loved it. Lots of deisels in Europe that will outperform ours, and better mileage too.
Wonder why this "green" administration won't let them in?

Think direction first, then velocity.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdD270
My neice and her family just got back from an extended working trip to romania. They had a v-8 deisel car there and loved it. Lots of deisels in Europe that will outperform ours, and better mileage too.
Wonder why this "green" administration won't let them in?

Its simple. The EPA has to justify it's existence, and the dear leader does NOT want our nation to be less dependent on his muzzie buddies. Thus, no drilling, nuclear power, new refineries, the strangling of the coal industry etc etc etc............

Last edited by badger; 10/03/09.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

D
D
Ford puts a small diesel in a ranger and exports them.
Toyota diesels are standard in trucks outside of the USA.
VW makes diesel cars for the US market.
Europe Diesel motors are the standard over there.
Yet we are wasting money on these hybrids that double the cost of the vehicle and have no power.

I just do not get it?
If I could get a diesel in a tried and true small set up I'll buy one.

Damifinow fish

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (1beaver_shooter, 14idaho, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 23 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,654
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.