Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Experts:

Can an individual list and sell guns (rifles) on Gunbroker without having an FFL license personally? Ship ground to winning bidder, based on receiving their ffl paperwork and payment?

UPS ground?

Where can I research the laws on this?

Same question if I list a few rifles here...

Thanks in advance to all...

Robert

Last edited by Robert_Allen; 10/04/09.

Rust Never Sleeps
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Robert you can list and sell your rifle with out a FFL but you SHIP your rifle to the FFL holder and they do the proper transfer to the person who purchased the gun.

I have shipped ups ground (adult signature required) and Ive used the USPS. I havnt had a problem with either but I pack the hell out of the gun.

Last edited by Grogel_Deluxe; 10/04/09.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Robert, from the GB sellers guide
sellers information

"You do not have to be a licensed dealer to sell a firearm. By Federal law, the person to whom you ship the gun must be a licensed dealer. If the buyer is not a licensed dealer, the buyer must make arrangements with a licensed dealer in his state to receive the firearm and transfer it to the buyer. We have very in-depth information on shipping firearms legally on our Firearm Shipping Guide page. Never, under any circumstances, ship a firearm without following the steps on the Firearm Shipping Guide page! Shipping illegally is a felony and will earn you a one-way ticket to prison."

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thanks! I understand I have to ship to an ffl holder, and cannot ship without a copy of his license in my hand. Wasn't sure if I had to have a license to ship. Once I have a copy of his current license I'm good to go. I would suppose I have to hold that copy for some period of time. I'll read the link you sent on sellers information.

I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. very much appreciated.

Robert

Rust Never Sleeps
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's my opinion that as a non-FFL holder, you have no need to hang on to the license. When you ship the firearm it is wise to take it with you to the shipping counter in case they ask to see it. The whole idea is that you have been provided documentation that the actual address you are shipping the firearm to is indeed the premises of a licensed FFL holder and that license was current at the time you made the shipment. I typically always "verify" the FFL if it is a dealer I am unfamiliar with. I simply go to gunbroker, click on "for sellers" and if you scroll down a short ways click on, "verify FFL." This links you directly to a ATF verification site where you enter about 9 numbers from the FFL in and it confirms that the FFL is active, confirms the premises address etc. This takes less than a minute to do and in this day of increasing fakery, I think it is worth it when you don't personally know the people you are dealing with.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
An often overlooked factoid is that in many states you can sell a gun intrastate and ship it to the buyer directly - no FFL required. Yes, there are exceptions, of course.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 75 invisible), 3,512 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,634
Posts18,533,297
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.