Print Thread
Hop To
Page 236 of 1,842 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Where the heck did you get that? That thing sounds like a good place for a nap. smile

Bought it off a guy North of Rosholt. It's about 6 years old but like new.
Sure will be great for keeping out of the wind and keeping the snow and rain off.
I think my might be able to make a rifle rest, gun rack and shelf to hold my coffee.

Heck while I'm at it I might as well bring in a generator and mount a satellite dish (Packer games) for the slow times.

Oh, than there's the nap thing too. tired

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Packer games??? PACKER GAMES??? Bill, did you happen to watch last Monday night's Packer game? We shore did enjoy it over on this side of the line. Packer games? Oh, then I see you went on to talk about naps. Yep, the Packer games would put me to sleep too.

By the way, do you know why the British wore red coats in battle? It was because they didnt want a wounded soldier freaking out the other soldiers with blood all over his shirt. They figured the red blood would blend right in with the red coats.

The Packers figured that was a good idea. That is why they wear yellow pants. grin

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Camp is where you make it.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Right about now The Preacher is probably just finishing up marking all around the outside of the house, off the deck, off the porch, on the siding, on old snowplow fords tires,on all Daves toys.. laugh

Bettin Weezy and Pam are watching to make sure the rough in crew is puttin the walls up in the right places. shocked

TZone is probably just about to Daves stand with the wiring by now for the sirens. Ohh forget what TZone is doing that was supposed to be a secret. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sirens....dats a good idea. SSSSssshhhhhh.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Screw the sirens. What you want to do is put in a speaker with the sound of an approaching forky toes crunching through the leaves getting louder so that it sounds close then fading away again on a constant loop.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Doesn't matter....I'm going to get forky toes anyway. Well maybe Mrs. ND will.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Get one of those photo printed deer decoys and slip out early along with the sound loop, or pick up a mannequin for Dave's stand and watch the fireworks light off.

If the preacher is doing all that we had best get him signed up for the local R.F.D. he can get mom, dad, and sis to drive him to all the fires. And membership comes with his own pager to.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Packer games??? PACKER GAMES??? Bill, did you happen to watch last Monday night's Packer game? We shore did enjoy it over on this side of the line. Packer games? Oh, then I see you went on to talk about naps. Yep, the Packer games would put me to sleep too.

By the way, do you know why the British wore red coats in battle? It was because they didnt want a wounded soldier freaking out the other soldiers with blood all over his shirt. They figured the red blood would blend right in with the red coats.

The Packers figured that was a good idea. That is why they wear yellow pants. grin

Yah, I watch them when I suffer from low blood pressure and need to raise it quickly. I thought brown would have been a better color for their pants myself. laugh That Offensive line sure does stink up the field.

Don't need to watch the packers for help dozing off. tired grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by bucktail
Screw the sirens. What you want to do is put in a speaker with the sound of an approaching forky toes crunching through the leaves getting louder so that it sounds close then fading away again on a constant loop.

I'm afraid all that would do is further confuse Tom and we all know that he's confused enough. grin He still thinks he going to get old forky toes. laugh

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
grin He still thinks he going to get old forky toes. laugh

I've seen his tracks....that means I'll get him. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi all,

Wanted to let everyone know that the boys made it. Sounds like they have base camp set up. I didn't get to talk to Dave at all since I was outside trying to get some of that work done before we get some snow tonight. I will keep everyone posted the best I can when I get updates.

I'm sure Dave texted some of you the same picture I received earlier today. I would post the picture but I can't figure out how to do that. Sorry.

Have a good night.
Mrs. ND

"I'm not crying!!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for the update.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks mrsnd...you can e-mail me the pics and I can post them if you want to.

We are supposed to get some of your snow tomorrow! Bring it on I say....right up to the last day of deer camp, then it can all melt and get warm. smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well if they woke up in elk camp this morning, I am officially jealous. Big time.

anybody who knows anything about guns, take a look at this auction that i might go to next week as it is right here in town. I knew this gent a tiny bit and he was quite the collector. Anybody see anything that really piques their interest?

schultzauctioneers.com click on auctions, then personal property auctions then the Bud Peterson auction. Hundreds of guns. Lots of duplicates, that is why I am thinking there may be a buy or two.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, I pulled up the auction list and all I can say is "WOW"!.

What a collection. There's a small fortune in guns there. No idea what that Marlin 40-60 is worth but, I saw a Winchester of the same vintage priced at $35,000 at Scheels in Appleton, WI. Manager said he had an offer for $28K, but was going to sit on it for a month. Looks like old Bud was worth a few bucks.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Old Bud donated $1.5 Million to the local YMCA, and the land to build 2 schools on and a host of other stuff to the community. Yep, Bud had some cashola. Dad went snowmobiling with him and some other guys one time and Bud was chewing tobacco and forgot to lift his visor when he spit so the inside was full of tobacco spit. Dad wondered who in the heck this idiot was. It turned out to be Bud.

Get this, the good stuff isnt at the auction, the kids kept that!

You should see the outboad motors; unbelievable. And again, the good ones were donated to the local maritime museum.

Okay, I will keep an eye on the Marlin 40-60 if I am there when it goes. Anyone else?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm sure glad Dave isn't around to hear of this gun auction. And the beauty of it is that when he gets back, it'll be over. Phew! Another bullet dodged.
Haven't heard anything from them yet. Wonder how opening morning is going?

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Happy B-day bucktail!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The text I got from him earlier in the week said basecamp is the only place he could text from...said they fell off the grid quickly outside of it.

I'm sure RWS is a good baby sitter. laugh He'll be fine.

Page 236 of 1,842 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 61 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.