Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This target was shot with a TC Contender and a factory 14" barrel in 22 hornet and a 10X Burris. I shot it at Tri Cities GC near Portland, OR from a bench off sandbags at 200 yards. It is a five shot group. The load was a home swaged 40 gr open tip bullet in front of 12.5 gr of AA 1680.

It is proof that all TC products are junk and will not shoot. They are not worth your trouble or money. grin
[Linked Image]

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There was a guy here that used to post in the single shot forum and he had a prohunter in 300 WIN mag that shot some beautiful groups. I have had contender and now own a prohunter and I like it a lot. I am using the prohunter as a muzzleloader right now but will start buying up barrels for it in a short while.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see your problemos. Dibs when you sell smile .

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry, all my TC's and all my swage equipment went away in a big trade.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was at my home gun club shooting this hornet barrel at the hundred yard range when the guy shooting at the next bench told me I had to go to the pistol range. I smiled knowing he had no idea what he was talking about. I challenged him, my TC box, one frame and three barrels against his Ruger #1. His Ruger was not printing five shots on an 8 1/2 X 11 target. The bet was i could hit a full can of soda sitting on the 100 yard backstop , bottom facing the shooting line. He took me up on the bet. I setteled the TC on the bags and when everything looked right to me I looked up and into his eyes and asked "What do you think?" Then I squeezed off the shot while we were looking into each others eyes. His head snapped back in time to see a fog of soda where the can had been. He packed up and left without saying a word or leaving his Ruger. Never saw him again. There were about 20 witnesses who wer laughing hard enough the bring tears.

I know, I should not be such a butt head but we all have to do what we are best at. wink

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
This is why I sold my encore.

not that it shot bad it just didn't shoot good enough.

Attached Images
Rem30br6x.jpg (46.57 KB, 192 downloads)

I'm just a Score Shooter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a few contender barrels that were shooters, though none were factory tubes. 10" bullberry 218 mashburn bee. It took a suprising amount of load work to find an moa combination. When I did, I could consistantly hit the head on the turkey silouette at 150 yds. 20 shots, 20 hits.

Does that put the contender and encore rifles on par with what good boltguns do? There are boltguns that will print 5 shot 1/2" ctc groups at 200 yds.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't blame you at all. I would have shipped out anything that shot that bad.

In about 19 months I will retire and have the time to hunt again. My wife has been putting a bug in my ear about some deer and elk in the freezer. I have been thinking about an encore and a couple of barrels. I have not hunted with an encore but a friend I respect says it is one of the best balanced rifles he has hunted with. He has taken a couple of dozen elk with his in both long and short barrels.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Scott F
Don't blame you at all. I would have shipped out anything that shot that bad.

In about 19 months I will retire and have the time to hunt again. My wife has been putting a bug in my ear about some deer and elk in the freezer. I have been thinking about an encore and a couple of barrels. I have not hunted with an encore but a friend I respect says it is one of the best balanced rifles he has hunted with. He has taken a couple of dozen elk with his in both long and short barrels.

Good luck Scott! I retired four years ago and now I'm looking for a job so I'll have some time to myself. Once you're retired everyone thinks you've got all the time in the world so everyone wants some. You'd better have a plan.

I bought an Encore at the time I retired and have hunted with it quite a bit. Got it primarily as a .50 inline ML but also got a turkey barrel and rifle barrel. Best turkey gun I've ever used, also a great ML.
I've used the rifle barrel more than I ever planned, for deer and caribou.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am retiring from truck driving, about a 60 hour a week job. I will then go to work for my wife on our 40 acre farm and cut down my hours to 80 or 90. That should leave me lots of time to hunt and fish. wink

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I just bought a TC Icon a couple months ago....its junk too...sometimes I shoot three shots at the target, but there will be only one hole.... wink

Gonna have to get rid of it...in about 20 years!!

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
like everything else there is a bell curve for rifle accuracy. On average I would bet the average TC encore with factory barrel would not shoot as well as a bolt from most major manufacturers. Sure there are standouts, but "on average" I don't buy that a TC gun is as accurate. The odds are in your favor of getting more accuracy if you buy a bolt gun.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
To each his own but time after time I could shoot circles around others who were shooting their bolt guns. How many off the shelf bolt guns can duplicate the target I posted.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I am going to have to side with Scott on this one. Someone who knows how to wring the full potential out of the TC system can make them shoot better than most bolt guns. There are fewer variables in the TC setup and generally the bbls are shorter and stiffer to start with.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Just purchased an Encore 26" blue barrel in 6.8mm Remington SPC. Using Remington factory ammo with 115gr Matchking BTHP. Absolute tack driver. No felt recoil and is a dream to shoot. I think I found a keeper.

Ken

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a factory TC 10" .44 Mag barrel that likes to chew the center out of targets also. It's almost boringly accurate if there is such a thing.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by trcuda
I am going to have to side with Scott on this one. Someone who knows how to wring the full potential out of the TC system can make them shoot better than most bolt guns. There are fewer variables in the TC setup and generally the bbls are shorter and stiffer to start with.

If trcuda is who I think he is then he owns the TC that shot this target.

It that you Tim?

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thats me :-). Just to muddy the waters I seem to remember a CZ 22 hornet that shot as well or maybe even better!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ingwe, I feel sorry for you. Being the good guy that I am, send me that TC junk and I will gladly pay the shipping. I will make the same deal with you on any other junk that you have that performs so poorly. Thanks, BT

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by trcuda
Thats me :-). Just to muddy the waters I seem to remember a CZ 22 hornet that shot as well or maybe even better!

I lost your phone number. I will be in Yakima tomorrow.

Yes the little CZ shoots as well and maybe even a little better now that it is a K-Hornet. We are getting close to digging out the gun safe. I have not seen any of my guns in almost 4 years.

Oh yes, one more thing. I read that CZ's are junk and overpriced. They will not shoot so my CZ but be a handi rifle that was miss marked. grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 46 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.