Kind of a long video, but interesting

Video

Hemi

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Estes Park needs some wolves.......It's about the only way they are going to keep those elk honest.

The tourists go nuts over two bulls fighting it out in the McDonalds parking lot--and they would go gazongas over a pack of wolves in hot pursuit of wapiti meat through the middle of town...

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
why not it worked for Yellowstone right...??

Seriously, wolves?

How about more lenient hunting. Possible special permits.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Yea it's pretty neat watching them over there. Someones going to get hurt or worse (god forbid) if those folks aren't careful around them. They forget that there wild animals no matter how tame they seem.

Some go through life wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. Ronald Regan

My Longest shot is my shortest stalk. USMC 83-87
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by WyoWhisper
why not it worked for Yellowstone right...??

Seriously, wolves?

How about more lenient hunting. Possible special permits.

I thought you could get a tag for those bulls?!

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think they're talking about the National Park, and the town, where no hunting is allowed. The state is in the process of thinning the herd in the park.

Originally Posted by SUPERDIESEL1
Someones going to get hurt or worse (god forbid) if those folks aren't careful around them.

They already have been. A couple years ago a grandma in her yard was stomped on by a cow with a calf nearby.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
too many freakin greenies here in commie-rado. The people in Boulder would have a [bleep] fit if hey were allowed to hunt the pets.

It will take someone with some power in the Sierra club or the likes to get stomped or skewered before anything happens.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
They don't advertise the gorings in Yellowstone. There have been some fatalities. Several years ago we were out in Gibbon meadows having a picnic. A bull worked around in back of us between the truck and us and charged.I had enough time to get my wife up a tree, but I was caught behind a big pine with the river aout 3 ft behind me. That bull had his antlers on both sides of the tree, banging it pretty hard. It could happen in EStes

It is unbelievable how stupid people act in Rocky trying to get pictures of the elk with thier point and shoot cameras.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doing what I did for 11 years.. I have seen all sorts of stupid thing in Yellowstone. You are right the only place that prints the incidents are the tiny local papers.

I've seen people approach damn near every animal within mere feet.

I watched a bunch of buddies approach a Bull mounting a cow to get the "cool shot"

I watched a mother and father place a child next to a griz to get a "cute shot"

people are idiots.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
THey Need Me, With A Pocket Full Of Tags.. I'd Do My Best.It Is A Really Neat Place, With a Lot Of Foolish People.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yea, I was there as I mentioned on another thread and posted a photo of a big bull about 30 yds from the road. A mob was lining the road as the bull fumed and furiously tried to keep a cow from crossing. An 800 lb animal filled with hormones and fight with over 300m inches of pointed spears on his head and folks standing mesmerized and cooing as if they were looking at a new born puppy.

It's a a good thing elk aren't generally more aggressive than they are.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some people are all kind of stupid in Yellowstone. Slightly less stupid in Rocky Mountain. No grizzlys. I have watched a few waiting for them to get gored or stomped. They even have signs saying don't go past this point in a field and there is Einstein trying to walk up and pet the Elk.

I look at some of it as natural selection.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
It is unbelievable how stupid people act in Rocky trying to get pictures of the elk with thier point and shoot cameras.

LOL, I was up there one October with some out of state freinds and saw a guy with a camera following a herd bull who was herding 8-10 cows ahead of him. The bull got fed up, turned around, lowered his head and ran the guy off. Guy dropped his camera, it was pretty funny.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1234, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,366
Posts18,506,409
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.