-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well in that context, quibble duth feed the masses. The media in this country elected a president with it.

3 down, seven to go<grin>.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...sounds like a word that could be integrated into a limerick.

Old Colin was not prone to quibble,
When seeking new bits for his kibble,
Though hard on his sight,
He'd bed them all night,
Then wince at the pain in his dribble.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I don't need one, because I didn't post something blatantly offensive ................

Yes you did!

You offended me when you:

- Said you voted for Obama

- Said you supported abortion

- Said you did not support our military effort in Afghanistan.

- Said you were a tree hugger

Yup.............as far as I'm concerned, you and your queer friend derby_dude are quite "offensive"!!!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Obama could show some spine and get us out of there.
His masters (and I'm not speaking of American voters) have yet to give him permission to do anything like that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BMT
Someone, please, define "victory" in Afganistan.

Stable government that is NOT interested in letting Al Queda run camps there for the express purpose of attacking the US.

BMT
Then expect to be there for at least another thousand years.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by twosixfour
If we leave Afghanistan plan on buying nuke proof underwear, the Pak's nuke arsenal will fall into the hands of half a dozen terrorist organizations inlcuding al-Qaeada.

The Islamists are relentless, there is no negotiation possible.

The real problem is that the Pak ISI, their intel service, is riddled with supporters of the terror groups.

Look to the next few weeks the Pak military is preparing to attack Waziristan the tribal area of Pakistan where the Taliban and al-Qaeda hide out.

Pass the popcorn, it's going to be interesting.
The folks actually in charge of these societies are not the suicidal type. They enjoy living in luxury too much. They are fine with sending other people to their deaths for the glory of Allah, but when it comes to their own lives, they very much prefer to hang on to them. This is why MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) will always work. Seeing the entire Islamic world a smoldering crater is just as horrifying a thought to their leaders as seeing the United States that way is to ours. MAD, in the nuclear age, is the very worst possible way to keep the world from blowing up, except for anything else that's ever been tried. It's far better than one world government (world enslavement), that much is for certain.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GlennGTR
Not till the job is done. Why is it no one remembers what the Taliban was like. I mean, yeah if you like seeing women beat and killed for some alleged offense then leave Afghanistan.
How is that any business of the United States Government? It's not the government of the world. Just of the United States. Yours is an argument for one world government. Is that what you want?
If you want a great base for Alkaida,leave Afghanistan. If you want our enemies to regroup for a more devistating attack,leave Afghanistan. If you see evil being done you have a moral obligation to stop it or you are part of it. Who here would just stand by if a woman was being raped or a child abducted?
Can we afford to invade, occupy, and by force transform every nation in the world where terrorist organizations choose to hide? A far better policy would be to announce that any terrorist attack will be responded to in kind with devastating retaliation against the nation which supported the attackers (starting with the capital city and the dictator's palaces), and then carry this out in each and every case without delay. Soon it will not be us rooting out the terrorists in these places, but the dictators in charge, as was the case in Iraq before we invaded it.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
The taliban and Al Queda have sworn to kill us. The average Afghan citizen has not. I don't think it was ever our intention to be invaders. Other wise president Karzai would be dead and there would have been no attemt at an election. America and Afghanistan have a common goal. To get rid of the taliban. kwg

The Taliban has grown 1000% since the US invaded. The Average Afghan see the US as an invader, and every time some innocent Afghani gets killed, it becomes a recruiting point for the insurgents.

If Chinese troops invaded the US to topple Obama and put a Republican in charge, would you be out cheering (possibly?) - particularly if that person was clearly (in your mind) a puppet of the Chinese?

The election fraud certainly hasn't helped

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Someone, please, define "victory" in Afganistan. As jorge says, it ain't gonna be Switzerland. So... what is it?

I don't see it. I see quagmire. I see dead Americans. I see our pride getting in the way of us realizing that for another 6-8 years, and a couple thousand more GI's coming home dead before we declare victory and retreat.

OR, Obama could show some spine and get us out of there. If there's any justice in the world, true Conservatives would then applaud him. Since what we have now, mostly, are meddling moralistic militaristic Bible-thumpers who think the end is near... they won't.

That's the problem Jeff there is no way to define victory as things stand now. Even the Germans were smart enough not to take on Switzerland when it became apparent they would have to kill every Swiss to win. We haven't figured out yet.

I always love the bullshixt about how badasssed Switzerland is. Without the USA, Brits and Russians winning WWII, Switzerland would have just been the next step after Adolph and the boys took over. Besides, the Swiss were guarding all the Nazi henchmens' monies.

Cole you are the 10 watt bulb in the 60 watt pack.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by twosixfour
If we leave Afghanistan plan on buying nuke proof underwear, the Pak's nuke arsenal will fall into the hands of half a dozen terrorist organizations inlcuding al-Qaeada.

The Islamists are relentless, there is no negotiation possible.

The real problem is that the Pak ISI, their intel service, is riddled with supporters of the terror groups.

Look to the next few weeks the Pak military is preparing to attack Waziristan the tribal area of Pakistan where the Taliban and al-Qaeda hide out.

Pass the popcorn, it's going to be interesting.
The folks actually in charge of these societies are not the suicidal type. They enjoy living in luxury too much. They are fine with sending other people to their deaths for the glory of Allah, but when it comes to their own lives, they very much prefer to hang on to them. This is why MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) will always work. Seeing the entire Islamic world a smoldering crater is just as horrifying a thought to their leaders as seeing the United States that way is to ours. MAD, in the nuclear age, is the very worst possible way to keep the world from blowing up, except for anything else that's ever been tried. It's far better than one world government (world enslavement), that much is for certain.

You are right. I've yet to see one leader with a suicide bomb strapped to his back.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GlennGTR
Not till the job is done. Why is it no one remembers what the Taliban was like. I mean, yeah if you like seeing women beat and killed for some alleged offense then leave Afghanistan.
How is that any business of the United States Government? It's not the government of the world. Just of the United States. Yours is an argument for one world government. Is that what you want?
If you want a great base for Alkaida,leave Afghanistan. If you want our enemies to regroup for a more devistating attack,leave Afghanistan. If you see evil being done you have a moral obligation to stop it or you are part of it. Who here would just stand by if a woman was being raped or a child abducted?
Can we afford to invade, occupy, and by force transform every nation in the world where terrorist organizations choose to hide? A far better policy would be to announce that any terrorist attack will be responded to in kind with devastating retaliation against the nation which supported the attackers (starting with the capital city and the dictator's palaces), and then carry this out in each and every case without delay. Soon it will not be us rooting out the terrorists in these places, but the dictators in charge, as was the case in Iraq before we invaded it.

That's what we need to do, put the monkey on the back of leaders of countries who support terrorists. When they know that their houses, their families, their holy shrines are not safe than and only than will the Muslim terror attacks stop. All we are doing is targeting the common man and woman and pissing them off.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
http://www.pipelinenews.org/index.cfm?page=wazir10.12.09%2Ehtm

Obama's Dithering On McChrystal Request May Doom Pak Move Against Taliban

By WILLIAM MAYER

October 12, 2009 - San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - With news of today's Taliban attack in Pakistan [suicide bombing in the city of Alpuri, located adjacent to the recently liberated Swat valley, at least 41 dead] just filtering into Western consciousness, president Obama's paralysis in the face of Gen. McChrystal's troop request assumes even weightier dimensions.

In April of 2008 the Pakistani government established a truce with the Taliban [negotiated between then president Musharraf and the former Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud - killed in an August 2009 U.S. Predator attack], hopeful that would constrain further territorial ambitions by the jihadists.

The Taliban faction Mehsud represented, Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, is believed responsible for both the assassination of Benazir Bhutto [2007] as well as a spate of terror bombings over the past week throughout the region.

Musharraf's paper m�ch� truce with the Taliban did not hold of course; they boldly took control of Pakistan's Swat valley in May of this year and were only forcibly removed by Pak forces after a viciously fought summer campaign.

One of the back stories here is that the Taliban has a critical mass of support among both Pakistan's ISI [state intelligence service] as well as the military. The ISI is seen as having been instrumental in the rise of the Afghan Taliban, reportedly receiving aid under an acquiescing prime minister, Benazir Bhutto [served 1988-1990 and again in 1990-1993], which in turn led to it having the ability to seize Kabul in 1996.

With enough of the Pakistanis apparently now of the belief that no compromise is possible with the Taliban, despite its remaining popularity within enclaves of the country's power structure, the government is now promising to move forcibly against the group's stronghold in Waziristan, the historically ungovernable "tribal areas" which continues to provide refuge to the terror network.

"Pakistani jet fighters pounded Taliban targets in the troubled north-western region near the Afghan border on Monday, killing at least 12 militants, officials said...'Jets strafed suspected militant hideouts in the Mamund area, destroying several houses,' a duty officer of the local administration said...The aerial attacks in Bajaur came as Pakistani troops are awaiting a final go-ahead to launch a ground offensive in the South Waziristan tribal district, a key Taliban bastion littered with al-Qaeda sanctuaries." [source, http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/289754,pakistani-airstrikes-kill-12-militants-near-afghan-border.html]
With a resurgent Taliban now operating largely unimpeded on both sides of the Afghan/Pakistan border, an effective U.S. counter-insurgency strategy might at this time entail the deployment of troops in sufficient number southeast of the city of Ghazni, along the Afghan border with Waziristan to effect the classic military trapping technique [a "pincers" strategy] preventing potentially fleeing Taliban fighters from seeking refuge in Afghanistan, assuming the long promised Pak offensive takes place with sufficient ferocity to displace the estimated 10,000 Taliban fighters which reside in the area.

In a Panglossian world, even a temporary removal of the restrictions barring U.S. forces from operating in Pakistan - yielding a joint U.S./Pak effort - might result in a near total destruction of the al-Qaeda/Taliban nerve center, perhaps even killing bin-Laden. Unfortunately, absent provision of the increased troop levels that General McChrystal has requested, there is zero chance of this happening.

Given that reality, every day Obama dithers on committing sufficient force to prevail in Afghanistan makes stalemate and ultimate defeat of the United States all that more likely, a development which will have incalculably deadly long-term repercussions.

�1999-2009 PipeLineNews.org LLC. All rights reserved.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Someone, please, define "victory" in Afganistan. As jorge says, it ain't gonna be Switzerland. So... what is it?

I don't see it. I see quagmire. I see dead Americans. I see our pride getting in the way of us realizing that for another 6-8 years, and a couple thousand more GI's coming home dead before we declare victory and retreat.

OR, Obama could show some spine and get us out of there. If there's any justice in the world, true Conservatives would then applaud him. Since what we have now, mostly, are meddling moralistic militaristic Bible-thumpers who think the end is near... they won't.

That's the problem Jeff there is no way to define victory as things stand now. Even the Germans were smart enough not to take on Switzerland when it became apparent they would have to kill every Swiss to win. We haven't figured out yet.

I always love the bullshixt about how badasssed Switzerland is. Without the USA, Brits and Russians winning WWII, Switzerland would have just been the next step after Adolph and the boys took over. Besides, the Swiss were guarding all the Nazi henchmens' monies.

Guess your perception of me is different than mine of you. I always thought you were smart enough (even if a bit eccentric) to not get panty-bunched over comments on an internet message board, about things that either you or I will always have exactly zero input on anyway.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Guess your perception of me is different than mine of you. I always thought you were smart enough (even if a bit eccentric) to not get panty-bunched over comments on an internet message board, about things that either you or I will always have exactly zero input on anyway.
You are both very bright guys, as is Jeff. You are all about 90% in agreement on most issues, too. The problem is that the closer people are on the issues, the uglier can be the disagreements.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This is a very serious topic and from what ive seen everyone is presenting pretty reasonable positions.

Political threads on boards not intended for political discussions sometimes get out of hand.

I even remember a board that went poof one day because there was this ridiculous rivavly between two posters, one of them knew a little about site cracking programming and succeeded on about the 4th or 5th try to totally disable the board.

So in my opinion this is nothing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You are both very bright guys, as is Jeff. You are all about 90% in agreement on most issues, too. The problem is that the closer people are on the issues, the uglier can be the disagreements.

Are you schitting me???

Are you really this stupid or what???

Tell me again why "Jeff_O (short for Obama) was a "bright guy" for helping to elect the Devil will ya?

Ahh........forget it......................just realized that a dolt like you couldn't tell anyone anything!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The history of war teaches a few lessons so clear that all can see. One of those lessons: you must take your enemy where you find him. Right now, "where you find him" is principally the Afghan-Pakistani border. Unfortunately, this seems to be OK with the people of Pakistan.

This is a terrible situation. It's looking more and more as though the only "solution" is kill all of them, "them" being Islamists. That would result in countless deaths of people who do not wish us ("us" meaning Americans, in this context) ill.

At the end, it comes back to "better them than us." That is an inherently immoral position, but we may have to be guided by situation ethics, always a slippery slope.

They started it...we will finish it.

I see no solution that conforms to both Christian teaching and
American safety. Kill them, be done with it, ask forgiveness. Cynicism is sometimes necessary.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You were right. I was being cute. I get kinda that way when self-righteous subjects of the queen start threads about how we should run our country. I appreciate our allies but they have zero input IMO. Then again, if they are there with us, maybe they should have some, so maybe I was a bit out of line. Lots of good folks in Canada, those who can't take an obvious joke, notwithstanding.

That's not "being cute". That was "being an a$$hole". This wasn't so much a thread about how to run your country as it was a thread about joint forces in Afghanistan. And as you can see by the responses from both Canadians and Americans, that you had intended it as a joke (which I doubt), the intent sure was not obvious.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Reiche
You were right. I was being cute. I get kinda that way when self-righteous subjects of the queen start threads about how we should run our country. I appreciate our allies but they have zero input IMO. Then again, if they are there with us, maybe they should have some, so maybe I was a bit out of line. Lots of good folks in Canada, those who can't take an obvious joke, notwithstanding.

That's not "being cute". That was "being an a$$hole". This wasn't so much a thread about how to run your country as it was a thread about joint forces in Afghanistan. And as you can see by the responses from both Canadians and Americans, that you had intended it as a joke (which I doubt), the intent sure was not obvious.

It was intended as a joke and a slam at some of your more thin-skinned fellow citizens. Both the intent of the posts and the apology for them have been extended. If you can take neither and still want some then I further extend you a big invitation to KMA. I hope that makes it better for you. You'll have to get in line behind JeffO though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Uh... never mind. smile

BMT: you defined a stable government in Afganistan yada yada yada. I wasn't quibbling when I broached Pakistan; if an unstable government and large Taliban presence are the prerequisites for US occupation, it would seem they'd be a likely next candidate...

Then there's Iran.

Where does it stop, BMT?

It's playing Whack-a-Mole, is what it is. On a national level. And, every time you whack one, two more are created.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,940
Posts18,498,902
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.