Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
forepaw Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Howdy Campfire amigos,

With the holidays fast approaching, and some of us distributing requests for donations, goodies, and misc. amenities, to combat-zone troops, would anyone care to share current addresses for HQ BN or etc. that could send on to servicemen and women in Iraq and Afghan.? Or better, addresses for combat-deployed units if anyone has them?

Thanks.

forepaw

"Only accurate rifles (that are light enough to be carried by a middle-aged man in rough country) are interesting"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
hopefully you aren't gtetting a whole lot of response here to this. It's alittle irresponsible to just hand those addresses out, and can lead to families being harrassed or worse. ( I hope no one is passing mine along on the internet just because someone asked about it) at any rate there several programs that do this sort of thing, and you can get tyour package sent through them. Thanks you very much for the support, and your understanding in this matter!! Jerry

forepaw Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
175rltw,

Yeah, I thought about that, and completely understand the need to protect that info. unless you are sure it's going to someone you can trust. I will continue to see if I can find a generic address, the one I have is a year old, and not sure if it is still usable. During the holidays especially, not everyone wants to send $$ to the red cross or etc.

forepaw

"Only accurate rifles (that are light enough to be carried by a middle-aged man in rough country) are interesting"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by forepaw
175rltw,

Yeah, I thought about that, and completely understand the need to protect that info. unless you are sure it's going to someone you can trust. I will continue to see if I can find a generic address, the one I have is a year old, and not sure if it is still usable. During the holidays especially, not everyone wants to send $$ to the red cross or etc.

forepaw

Contact the public affairs folks at the nearest military installation. Most, if not all, have programs in place already to do what you are proposing. I'm sure most would be glad to work with you, and would appreciate your participation.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I seen this one the other day:
http://troopssupport.com/

IC B2

forepaw Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the link. That'll work. Lots of support groups and addresses there. I'll let our American Legion and Elks know about it (maybe they already do).

forepaw

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,664
Posts18,512,966
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.