Print Thread
Hop To
K
Kcoyboy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
?Looking at a Pentax gameseeker scope in 4 12 to 40 are they any good? Noticet that Pentax has only a year warranty whats the deal? Even simmons and bushnell have lofetime warrantys.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Call Doug at Cameralandny - one of the sponsors here.

I have purchased THREE of these....every time somebody looks through one of the scopes or the binoculars, they seem to disappear on permanent "loan". Go figure!!!

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/pentax.pl?page=pentaxopticsoutfit

K
Kcoyboy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
well tell me are they worth anyhtng or not?ok folks chinmie n

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The warranty is a Lifetime Worry Free:

The Pentax "Worry Free" Warranty

Pentax Sport Optic products are of the highest optical and mechanical quality. If your Pentax Binocular, Spotting Scope or Riflescope purchased in the USA from an authorized Pentax Sport Optics dealer requires repair, Pentax will repair or replace it to the original purchaser (even if damaged by fault) for a charge of $19.95, to cover handling and return shipping.* This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage, theft or loss. (Replacement may be with comparable model at Pentax's discretion if the original model is no longer available.)
* Applies only to unmodified equipment or product with modifications performed by authorized Pentax repair personnel.

Where'd you hear 1 year?

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have had several of the Gameseeker and Pioneer scopes on several guns and all have seen rough use. None have failed or changed point of impact. I have the cheaper Gameseeker scope on a 270 WBY for my son and it has been to Idaho for elk/muledeer and several deer hunts for almost 4 years now and has never been adjusted and still works perfectly. I do like the Pioneer series even beter and Doug had had some great deals on them and that is now my scope of choice reguardless of price.

IC B2

K
Kcoyboy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Thanks everyone just ordered one from sportsmans guide! If anyone is interested the gameseeker 4 to 12 40mm with bullet drop compensator is $69.97 62.97 buyers club. # kx9d 149888. 1 800 888 3006. They had 350 available as of today, SWFA price $169.99. I looked on the Pentax website and they said just a one year warranty!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again, as stated above, it has a Lifetime Worry Free Warranty. I just went to the Pentax Customer Care page of their web site and copied:
"Sport Optics "Worry-Free" Warranty
The PENTAX �Worry-Free� Warranty is available on all PENTAX Sport Optics products purchased in the United States, on or after March 1, 2006, from an authorized PENTAX Sport Optics dealer.

PENTAX Sport Optics products are of the highest optical and mechanical quality. If your PENTAX Binocular, Spotting Scope or Riflescope purchased in the USA from an authorized PENTAX Sport Optics dealer requires repair, PENTAX will repair or replace it to the original purchaser (even if damaged by fault) for a charge of $19.95, to cover handling and return shipping.* This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage, theft or loss. (Replacement may be with comparable model at PENTAX�s discretion if the original model is no longer available.)

*Applies only to unmodified equipment or product with modifications performed by authorized PENTAX repair personnel."

I am sure if you ever have a problem Sportsmans Guide will stand behind it and assist you. Enjoy the scope.

Last edited by gr8fuldoug; 10/14/09. Reason: Updated with Pentax link

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Kcoyboy
Thanks everyone just ordered one from sportsmans guide! If anyone is interested the gameseeker 4 to 12 40mm with bullet drop compensator is $69.97 62.97 buyers club. # kx9d 149888. 1 800 888 3006. They had 350 available as of today, SWFA price $169.99. I looked on the Pentax website and they said just a one year warranty!

Sportsmans Guide is amateur hour......should have let Doug handle it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For $20 more you could've gotten a Pioneer from Doug at CL and they are now my fav scope.

Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
K
Kcoyboy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Doug thanks for your help guess I was on the wrong site! . Been reloading for 30 years If I can help anyone let me know! Hey I know the Sportsmans guide hasnt the best scopes on their site for sure. Havent ever ordered one from them but have ordered everything else! They have great hunting boots and great prices. Ive darn near bought everything from them for 30 or so years. They have great service and stand behind their products 100% their military surplus catalog is great too!!

IC B3

K
Kcoyboy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Hey Dave yes for $20 more I could have gotten a 3 to 9 not a4 to 12. I realize a gameseeker is a low end scope but thats all I need. I have a few Leupolds in vari x 1 which work great for me. And the lowest price for them is 200 plus for a 2 to 7 power! Hey Doug whats your price for a 4 to 12 gameseeker it wont come up for me on your site.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've bought junk from Gary Olin and company over the years too. They used to be a decent place to get Remington shotgun shells, and certain military surplus items. They also sell lots of junk, kind of a mail-order flea market; it's certainly a "buyer-beware" type of catalog.

I can vouch for Doug. Nothing buyer-beware about the business he stands behind...at all. I'd even venture a guess that Doug's/CL deal on that scope at regular price is probably cheaper landed than is Gary's/SG member's price of $62.97. I could be wrong, but the worth of good customer service should never be ignored, else it will go away, and largely has in many venues.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
SG prices don't include postage, and that can be 15%. They do have some good deals on occasion, but it sure is nice to have Doug's experience, straight talk, and service ethic.

It's all a matter of value, and some things just don't wear a pricetag.

"It's what they know that's just not so", often attributed to Mark Twain but that's just not so either
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought one of the Pentax Pioneer's from Doug last spring. Excellent scope for under $100. Would be a great scope for twice that price.

Last edited by centershot; 10/19/09.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW, We are down to three of them

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I just reveived mine and can't tell any difference just looking in the driveway between the Pioneer and the Burris FF II. For the money can't be beat. Don't much like the way "Pioneer" is written on the side but really doesn't really matter much in the long run.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,139
Posts18,502,738
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.