Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
i have a question for all ya'll. isn't there a law or amendment that stipulates that full faith and credit must be given between all states (in instances such as driver's licenses and such)? why does that not include a concealed carry permit issued by one state?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry, yes there is a full faith and credit clause. My Texas drivers license is good in Nevada and vice versa. However concealed carry is not considered to be a guaranteed right like those covered by the full faith and credit clause but rather a previlage granted under the police power of the several states and subdivision there of. So just as Nevada has speed laws which may be different from Texas I must obey them when I am there. There is no universal carry law that applies to all the states or all portions of every state. Each state would have to determine for its self which other state's laws it choose to recognize. I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV but that is my understanding none the less.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
that's what i figured BCR. it just seems to me that a licensed indivdual should have the right to carry concealed wherever he (or she) should go in the U.S. i am fairly sure that the majority of people on this site would agree with that. has there ever been an attempt to start a program for national licensing? i am sure about 5 million commie liberals would crap their pants at that idea, that is one reason i like it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <BR> <P> btw, where is Leon County?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry there have been and maybe are several attempts in Congress (US) every year to advance a national right to carry law. The various bill numbers escape me at the moment. They go absolutely no where because the overwhemling liberal delegations, chiefly from the northeastern states and Californistan (sorry guys but that is the truth) won't support them.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 12 invisible), 986 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.