-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
drew an either sex tag for hayden area third season. five day hunt. then our board directors schedules our major board meeting for the third day of the hunt.... how the heck am I supposed to deal with that? so I miss elk season.

again.

eventually my priorities will be mine to make again.

good luck to all of you and remember keep shooting until it stops moving.

Jameister

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hang in there Jameister. I have had similar [bad] luck for the past four years --moving because of work, family members passing away, demands of a new job not allowing time off, etc. All had last minute "more serious" immediate needs than my elk trips.

All I can say is each year I got gypped, it sucked a little of my motivation for killing myself to grind out the day-to-day BS away. Until this year. I finally said to hell with it, started lobbing with the boss in January, put out fire after fire at work this past week and am now HAPPILY awake all night in anticipation of actually being in the CO mountains looking for Mr. Bighat in a few hours.

You'll get your turn at bat, and when you do as corny as it sounds, it really WILL be that much more fulfilling laugh

Aim small, miss small.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The board of the nonprofit that I work with scheduled its annual fall meeting on a date that conflicted with my Colorado elk hunt last week. At the meeting at which the date was selected, I told them that I would not be able to make it and why. Fortunately, they shrugged and said that it was unlikely to be able to select a date that would work for everyone. They had their meeting and I went hunting and got my elk.

I sure wish that it had worked out better for you!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I drew a CO moose tag last year and,obviously, looked forward to the hunt. About three weeks prior to the start of the season when, based on the economy, our Board made the decision to close three offices and lay off staff. I turned my tag back into the state for re-issue to another hunter, and spent the time I would have been hunting telling people they'd lost their job.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That's a real pain....I understand because I was supposed to be in Wyoming the 14th,but "business" got in the way...so I'm now scrambling to try to get outta here in 24-48 hours and catch the last 6 days of the season....

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
jameister,

sorry to hear that - a real bummer. Wish you luck regaining control of your life. Bosses without any regard for hunting seasons should be horse whipped.

Bob,

get out there, quick like. Now would be to late.

Godspeed and Weidmannsheil.

smile

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe so CMG, but in this current economy, having a job is the number one thing right now. With out some sort of work, you can't go hunting at all. Here in CT, its so bad that Hunting and Fishing Lic is going to double in 2010 or right now if you didn't get one for the Gun season opener last week end. All tags have doubled too. So being unemployed myself, next year just to get what I already have instead of paying 28 dollars, its going to be 60 dollars. It all goes into the general fund here and well the State is chasing people who actually work and businesses out of Dodge as fast as they can. Been this way for decades. I am out of here as soon as I find employment.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sorry to hear that. I"ve avoided employers that have no regard for seasons.... As a result I make less but I'm MUCH happier..

That doesn't work for everyone though. We could raise 4 kids and do it that way, of course thats also why we don't have 4 kids.

I wish you the best!!

And other life matters, IE family, that takes precedence over hunting for sure, but jobs.... nope, I'll find another one instead....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmmmm Work... Elk hunting... I have never had a job that took priority over my Elk hunt...

what does that say.. I always have a crappy job... laughing..

Better luck next year..

Where is that wascally Wapiti?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 338reddog, 45_100, 22 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,927
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.