-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I got this from another forum I vist often. And it contains good news.<P>Delta Force 'Has Killed Hundreds' <BR>Of Taliban & al-Qaeda Fighters <BR>By Michael Evans <BR>Defence Editor <BR>The Times - London <BR>11-24-1 <P>American Delta Force troops have killed hundreds of Taleban and al-Qaeda fighters in Afghanistan, according to US military officials. <P>Under their rules of engagement, the special forces troops, whose existence is never officially acknowledged by the Pentagon, have been given an "unrestricted hunting licence. <P>So far, Delta Force has had a good war. Having lost some of its highly trained members in Somalia in 1993 during a disastrous peacekeeping operation, when 18 American soldiers, a mix of Rangers and Delta Force, died in an ambush, the 800-strong unit has been in need of battle glory. <P>Afghanistan has provided the right environment, especially because they can operate covertly and without the prying eyes of television cameras. US military officials told The Washington Times that small teams of Delta Force soldiers and other units had been ambushing Taleban and al-Qaeda troops and killing them in batches. <P>"From the reports I have seen, they have killed in the hundreds and there have been no deaths on our side," one US official was quoted as saying. <P>General Tommy Franks, Commander-in-Chief Central Command, has given the special forces the freedom to roam in Afghanistan and to seize whatever opportunity arises to kill the enemy. To avoid "friendly fire" between US and British troops, defence sources said that the SAS has been given its own area of operations because it works more effectively as a separate force. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0...1543398,00.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0...1543398,00.html</A> <P> [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
GB1

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grimmy,<BR>Delta,and the rest of the eye pokers,have done their job and stirred up the locals into whacking the pigs on their own.<BR>Mother Green has put her children on the ground now,and this is when the gates of hell open.<BR>The media is under controll and out of the way in Khandahar.The Taliban,Alquieda,and non Afghan Taliban do not have uniforms.<BR>This is MOUT,CQB,and weapons free urban warfare with the support of Pashtun elements.<BR>In other words,murder.This what every Marine wishes for in Bootcamp.<BR>Pity the Taliban.<BR>Some fools are predicting the need for a force of 30-50,000 troops to be successfull,but they are not factoring in Revenge motivation,AC-130 support,MAU-SOC raids,Marine Arty,Fixed and Rotary wing support,and god help the bastards,the first Marine wounded.<BR>This is gonna get ugly,and little glory will be found untill it is over.<BR>The Morons forgot who they were dealing with.<BR>"Bloodbath" lacks in definition,as it will be one sided.<BR>Good grunts will bleed and die,and God be with them.<BR>Semper Fi<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought they were just sending in the second string so they could move the fighting to Iraq [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Juuuusttt Kiiidddiiinnngg!!! Don't shoot me!!<P>I agree it's been pretty onesided and I don't care one bit. They wanted a fight and now they got it!<P>Hooah,<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rabid,<BR>You are obviously confusing the groundskeeper,and event organizers with the actual Team.If it ain't Infantry it is Infantry support.The Airforce and Navy are the worlds largest infantry support organizations ever.<BR>All the spec ops do is Intelligence,and set the props up so the Grunts can better do the dirty work.<BR>No aircraft,or water vessel has ever held territory.Only a grunt with a rifle,be it Doggy or Jarhead.<BR>This thing is unfolding like a spring grain bin rat shoot.<BR>You're right.I think Saddam is fixin to go back to school and get a remedial course.<BR>I actually feel for the Iraqi people who have sufferd from him AND the sanctions.<BR>It's gone on long enough.Saddam has gotta go,and those people need freedom like those liberated in Afghanistan are now waking up to.<BR>It's actually nice to see the Alliance forces fighting for their own liberation instead of relying on the UN and the US to just give it to them.<BR>It's more than several of our allies ever did for themselves in WWII.<BR>Maybe it will catch on on Iraq by the time we get to it.<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E<BR>P.S.<BR>You Doggys still have the best logbird jocks even if ya can't shoot!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep that's why I have the most respect for the regular Joe Grunts, I wish we would have taken care of Sadaam and company the first time. <P>Gotta head out town!!<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a comment about Somalia. What the rangers and D boys did was far from a disaster. They killed 500 and wounded over 1000 while losing only 18. This was while trying to rescue 2 downed helos. Far from an ambush as they fought their way to the helos. The disaster was the lack of support given to them. Clinton refused to send armor and gunships to support the missions, then tucked tail and ran.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Losing only 18.........Losing only friggen 18........ We ain`t talking about lost Cub Scouts at a weenie roast here. We have to beat an idea here. There ain`t enough bullets made to beat an idea.

4pwr

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,881
Posts18,518,198
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.