Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All the posts lately about healthcare, end of the world, Soylent Green etc. got me thinking....

If the end comes, the available game will be shot out in short order. Food will be in short supply. How will you survive?

The one thing that's pretty easy to kill that won't be in short supply is people.

I believe I will shoot and eat people if things get bad. They are much easier to hunt and there are plenty of them around.

What about ya'll?

JM.

GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'll have to get back to you on that. I have thought about it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only young females and the choice cuts. LOL

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
like 378 says, would I?

i already have, at least the soup part

i think most folks if they were really hungry would eat a lot more diverse food than they currently do. most of us are very rarely very hungry.

if folks get hungry all bets are off

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have bought boxes of Lea & Perrin and Tony's just in case..

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You already ate your neighbors kid, so we know your answer. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I try to eat one at least once a week.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
All the posts lately about healthcare, end of the world, Soylent Green etc. got me thinking....

If the end comes, the available game will be shot out in short order. Food will be in short supply. How will you survive?

The one thing that's pretty easy to kill that won't be in short supply is people.

I believe I will shoot and eat people if things get bad. They are much easier to hunt and there are plenty of them around.

What about ya'll?

JM.
If it's Cheryl Burke, I'll start right now.. laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
If it's Cheryl Burke, I'll start right now.. laugh laugh laugh

Hey, I figure you Wisconsin fellers for beer brats on the hoof. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
DID any of you see the horrible movie MOTEL HELL?. It starred Rory Calhoun and he made jerky outta folks.

Been trying to contact him for the recipe.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
saw it loved it

takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couldn't say. Never been really, truly hungry in my life. It would be disgusting to think about due to many years of socialization against it, but realistically it's just protein.

As far as taste or presentation it couldn't be worse than a lot of Scottish food.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just re-read "Lucifer's Hammer" about a comet striking earth and causing TEOTWAWKI. Good book, btw.

Group of soldiers on maneuvers when the comet hits become cannibals. One of the subplots of the book revolves around how they force captives to eat people to become one of the group. Their cannibalism is a big part of their psychological warfare against those they come up against.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
were the situation dire enough for it to come up, yeah.......but it would be the last option.....at that point meat is meat.....

my wife however would have starved to death a few months back while my brother and i were discussing what tastes better, rabbit innards or rocky mountain oysters grin .....i love her to death but damn does she have a weak stomach.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just re-read "Lucifer's Hammer" about a comet striking earth and causing TEOTWAWKI. Good book, btw.

Group of soldiers on maneuvers when the comet hits become cannibals. One of the subplots of the book revolves around how they force captives to eat people to become one of the group. Their cannibalism is a big part of their psychological warfare against those they come up against.

love that book

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to change the subject, but have been on an end of the world reading kick in the last few months. In addition to "Lucifer's Hammer" I re-read "Alas Babylon" and read "Earth Abides" for the first time. Both of those are now over 50 years old.

Still great books. "Alas Babylon" makes me want to hoard salt and coffee.

Do you think I should add some fava beans and a nice chianti to my stores? wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What about ya'll?

When his draft board asked the late Oscar Levant � concert pianist and noted curmudgeon � whether he could kill humans, he's said to have answered "Friends and relatives, yes."

W C Fields answered with just one word when he was asked how he liked children � "parboiled."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It maybe called eating, but it's really more along the lines of licking and sucking.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

What about ya'll?

JM.

Well, conservatives are off the lists and liberals would be one tough cut of meat, it would need some serious tenderizing.

Seriously, I'm an old man with not much time left. I would gladly sacrifice myself for the kids I know for them to have a chance. There's a lot of me that ought to feed a few kids.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Will someone please put this [TEOTWAWKI]in English so I can understand what the he11 that means. mad

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 18 invisible), 1,257 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,128
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.