Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 378Canuck

If you follow the loads and recommendations in any of the reputable reloading manuals you will never get yourself in a problem. Trim to length and measure every cartridge-never speculate that if one is the right length that the other 19 will also be. Very wrong.
If you want to see very dangerous situations don't trim your brass and let it grow and grow until it will actually bind or pinch the bullet and then you can have a problem.

+1

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to be late to the dance, but the factory ammo is "optimized", so to speak, using the slowest powders, so as to utilize the greater case capacity, to achieve the highest velocity. It's like buying ammo for a great deal of money that delivers on the idea that it is "the finest", which equates to the highest velocity in this instance. You certainly cannot argue with bullet choices and performance on game of the ammo.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it makes some people mad when it blows up .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I think it makes some people mad when it blows up .

I imagine that would apply to most anything.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All y'all Weatherby naysayers, many of which who have likely never owned one, should go buy a Mossberg.

To each their own.

I have a hard time buying the fact that their are no easily found lawsuits based on this, as opposed to problems with other rifles, M700 for instance.

Not a 700 basher, by the way.

If I was firing Weatherby factory ammo, in a Weatherby factory rifle, and it blew a hole in my face....you can damn sure bet I'd be looking for an Isaac...or a local facsimile thereof.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow I hadnt read this before. By all means please send me all of your Weatherbys and Weatherby ammo, gawd awful guns.
I heard they will maim children, especially the ones in factory original boxes. wink

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Is there any factual documentation we can read on this or these failures any where? I like hard documentation on things like his. From failures like this, you WILL have public accessible info on them. Bad press from agendas going around has always been a problem if it's just that. .220 Swift history is a good example. After working for a master gunsmith from 76'-89' (Front Range Gunsmithing in Lakewood, CO), there's only one action I would subject more pressure to than a Mark V (Vanguard is not a Mark V). That's a Ruger No.1. I witness some pretty impressive stuff with them from there and at CST.

Some go through life wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. Ronald Regan

My Longest shot is my shortest stalk. USMC 83-87
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,673
Posts18,513,224
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.