-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eremicus, I just asked you a simple question about your LE work cause you said something to the effect of working with "fellow officer/cops...) and I didn't know that you were on a department. If you don't care to discuss it, that's fine with me as I was not trying to be intrusive or personal. I was on a rather small department here in NJ (28 uniforms, small detective bureau), traffic division, one K9 and two DARE officers for 20 years, so it's not like I'm claiming to have been some big shot city cop with vast street battles/hand to hand combat, although I have been stabbed twice during DV incidents and have several Mexican standoff's with crack heads and other EDP' throughout the years. And yes, I have the scars to prove it as well. Most of our work was with DV, EDP's, burglary investigations (many), aided cases, MVA's, drug investigations (not on large scales) several homicides and robberies. Like I said, wasn't trying to get personal.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd also like your take on needing adjustable sights on duty type weapons (handguns that is) and why the need for good accuracy on a gun that will likely never be used at any kind of distance. If I'm not mistaken, the FBI used to have figures based on distances that are typically recorded in street altercations which tend to happen very quickly. I seem to recall a figure at one time that was less than 10ft. Usually at those distance you are most concerned with just avoiding death. Not saying that fixed don't have any place what-so ever, it just kinda low on the wish list. In short, all I'm saying is that want a gun that fits the hand well, dead reliable and hit what it's pointed at, again for reasons of fit.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Why dood ? So you can continue to argue and fight ? Just as I thought.
What standards others wish to apply to determine what's the best is up to them. I respect the opinions of guys like MS and a few others here. They can teach me something.
But this kind of "discussion" with you is a waste of my time. E

Asking you what department you served on is wanting a fight?

Feeling a little paranoid?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
spehling- welcome to the sight. Don't judge us all by this thread. Some folks just have a need.......aw F -it , you know what I mean. You are dead right about this forum. It is supposed to be a campfire for buddies, not a schoolyard for bullies. Glad to have you on board.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wow- didn't take you for an art lover. Gotta think a mellow concerto would do you some good. Good for you dood. Take a breath and reflect.

Last edited by kenjs1; 10/22/09.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I'd also like your take on needing adjustable sights on duty type weapons (handguns that is) and why the need for good accuracy on a gun that will likely never be used at any kind of distance. If I'm not mistaken, the FBI used to have figures based on distances that are typically recorded in street altercations which tend to happen very quickly. I seem to recall a figure at one time that was less than 10ft. Usually at those distance you are most concerned with just avoiding death. Not saying that fixed don't have any place what-so ever, it just kinda low on the wish list. In short, all I'm saying is that want a gun that fits the hand well, dead reliable and hit what it's pointed at, again for reasons of fit.
I don't see adjustable sights as being important on a CCW. Just more to snag on clothing, and/or more parts to potentially break. On a hunting handgun, sure. I've never appreciated them on a CCW, however.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by spehling
As I sit here thinking, I cant believe I wasted the last 15 minutes reading these posts. I just recently joined 24hourcampfire.com and I hope this is not an example of normal behavior here. No need to waste your time replying to me, I won't engage in this rediculous activity, just hoping some people decide to calm down and not feed on "aggressive discussion". I'm not sure but, I dont think this forum was designed for hostile conversation.........just a thought.

Welcome aboard Spehling, the 'fire is usually a rather friendly place, but it does have its warts as you've seen. There is a way to put the trolls on ignore, I'll bet you can figure out a couple who are worthy of that feature already.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Welcome aboard Spehling, the 'fire is usually a rather friendly place, but it does have its warts as you've seen. There is a way to put the trolls on ignore, I'll bet you can figure out a couple who are worthy of that feature already.
Just imagine if Hunter1960 were still here? What would Spehling think of us then? laugh

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to future "good" conversation.

Thanks for the tip on the ignore feature.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Now that is a COOL signature line!

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kenjs1
wow- didn't take you for an art lover. Gotta think a mellow concerto would do you some good. Good for you dood. Take a breath and reflect.

Weak, man, weak.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Breathe. Unclench.

. Confucius
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
As I sit here thinking, I cant believe I wasted the last 15 minutes reading these posts. I just recently joined 24hourcampfire.com and I hope this is not an example of normal behavior here. No need to waste your time replying to me, I won't engage in this rediculous activity, just hoping some people decide to calm down and not feed on "aggressive discussion". I'm not sure but, I dont think this forum was designed for hostile conversation.........just a thought.

You know...I was an azzhole to you, and I want to apologize. This is a silly thread, but I'm enjoying parts of it, so I continue to post. I regret alienating you as I did and I regret that you felt this was an aggressive discussion. Most threads are not like this one. Many threads have valuable information on them and the folks are friendly too. Again, my apologies, and I hope you find the rest of the camp fire to your liking.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Breathe. Unclench.

I give. You win.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
G-lock is a fine weapon for those who like it. I don't because of the ergonmics.....it just does not fit my hand.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I don't because of the ergonmics.....it just does not fit my hand.

All the difference, right there. Which is the same reason I can't like the Glocks in 9x19, or .40sS&W/.357Sig, but dote HEAVILY on the G20 10mm. Oh, and I can't stand the XDs for the ergo reason stated.

If it don't fit, you must acquit.

XD and Glock feal identical to me...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

You know...I was an azzhole to you, and I want to apologize. This is a silly thread, but I'm enjoying parts of it, so I continue to post. I regret alienating you as I did and I regret that you felt this was an aggressive discussion. Most threads are not like this one. Many threads have valuable information on them and the folks are friendly too. Again, my apologies, and I hope you find the rest of the camp fire to your liking.
Thank you. accepted.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Magnumdood -that was a class apology. Glad to see you wanting to put an end to the silliness. Have a good one.

. Confucius
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 1,637 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,991
Posts18,520,231
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.