Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jamison Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Notice the broken leg-- semi-healed from a car hit...Took her at 37 yds. The 100 gr Slick Trick went thru her so fast I thought I missed...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats...gotta love those Slick Tricks

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They always work well.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
i started shooting them last season( 100gr mags). that is one sweet shooting broadhead, reasonably priced and makes em bleed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man I gotta start shooting the ST's... Only I have 4 unused G5's left.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I switched to them this year, hope I can stick a nice buck with them and give my opinion on their performance.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing like a bow kill. Congrats.......

nut

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I started useing them 3 years ago, after learning about them from this site, droped a doe last thur. with one!
John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Looking forward to trickin' some more deer starting next Saturday with the Slick Trick's. Killed two last fall with terrific results. Only took a picture of one..............

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
They're one of the more popular fixed blade heads in my area. I'm always amazed at the performance.

Politicians and Diapers both need to be changed often, and for the same reason!
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Slicks ain't no joke for a fix head try tha GrizzTricks and look at the hugh whole it makes!

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
a friend went from slick tricks to the grizz tricks and said they were very loud when flying through the air with his setup. do they shoot quiet for you?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by grizzyallen
a friend went from slick tricks to the grizz tricks and said they were very loud when flying through the air with his setup. do they shoot quiet for you?
Yes VERY quiet and I'm shoting them 327-8fps!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wow, we've come far enough that a replaceable blade broadhead is now a fixed head? Fixed are Zwickey, Snuffer and the like. Guess I'm getting older.

BTW one should ALWAYS shoot your broadheads and listen to them in flight downrange... some vented models whistle.... and you should do this regardless of what Taylor claims.... if its vented it could cause issues. Heck anyone could cause issues so thats why you want to tune them and then listen.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
OH yeah, got off topic there, congrats on the doe! At 37 yards here in TX she'd have been in a different time zone by the time the arrow got to her.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Talk about a coincident, while at the pro shop today a guy walked in just about closing time and asked the dealer if he had any Slick Trick 100 gr heads. I asked him how he liked them and he told me he shot a good size deer yesterday right under his stand and the only shot he had was straight down on a slight angel so he put it between the shoulder blades and let fly. Said the deer almost went down instantly and only made it a yard or two before collapsing and died rate there. When he checked it out the ST busted it's back bone and angled into the shoulder and blew through it as well. On its way through it severed the lung as well and bleed out immediately. Said if you really want a broad head that doesn't come apart and punchs through bone then go with the Slick Trick. Sounds good to me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rost495
At 37 yards here in TX she'd have been in a different time zone by the time the arrow got to her.

Hey now, not necessarily, ha. I got this one right at 35 paces with a 100gr Slick Trick just 2 weeks ago. You're looking at the entry wound, the arrow went out through the shoulder on the opposite side and stuck in the ground. The doe only went about 20 yds or so.
[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I got a couple of those kind under my belt too, but realized at some point that was pure luck and not much more that they didn't move or moved the right amount. Once I hit the plus 100 mark with my bow I'd learned a lot..... personally I don't need the kills that bad anymore to take the risk.

Nice doe though!!! Should be great eating! Nice shot location too! Did it catch the top of the heart? The way that front leg is cocked its hard to tell exact height, looks about 3-4 inches higher than I'd attempt but I've got plenty right in that area and it works, they just can't duck it more than that.

Congrats! Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by grizzyallen

mine shoot very quiet. i took a nice sized doe on halloween afternoon in the rain. wink

-ken

Attached Images
MVC-003S.JPG (38.94 KB, 56 downloads)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They don't whistle for me either. I shoot both them and NAP Nitrons and have been happy with both. The only whistling they have done is through rib cages.
Maybe it is a question of how well the person's bow and arrow flight are tuned.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,709
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.