Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Boyd45 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
How bad is service getting? Read on. On Sat. I attended a Cabelas event on waterfowling. Heard Sean Mann speak & saw Willie Robertson doing what they were paid for: engaging w/ customers, answering questions, etc. Went the following day for three talks: BIG MISTAKE. Wait 20 min. for the 1:00 presentation & when I ask an employee: "Oh, the Browning rep was at the gun counter (can't be seen from where they put the chairs and posted the schedule), sorry. The 1:30 and 2:00 presentations (Steel shot for waterfowl & Ground Blind hunting)just never happen. Just some 'employees' hanging around & blowing calls for their own amusement. No organization or supervision. Look, I give presentations at meetings, and I know what they should look like. Don't real companies have a corporate office that supervises these things? The locals don't. Even for Sean Mann's talk, no microphone or way of drawing customers. He talked over the back ground duck calls and the f'ed up fiddle music that plays nonstop. All of which he did w/ some serious head congestion and feeling like crap.

I am all done with Cabelas. Has anyone else experienced this level of disrespect for customer's time and shear incompetence?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
was that at the one in Gonzales? I dropped a few Bens in there last week.

one might point out that other sporting goods stores don't even offer such extra-curricular stuff, but I'm sure it was still irritating if you made the trip to see it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I experienced poor service at the Gonzales store, two weeks ago. Salesmen shooting the breeze while 6 customers were not waited on. Five walked off. I had to go to the register and ask a lady for some help.

Jimbob
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Send a letter to the corporate office in Sidney, NE it will get results.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do drop in their Dundee store a good bit,only place I have to shop for my stuff local,cept the Cigar shops in Ohio. I go during the week,it's not as crowed,it's quiet for the most part,except them damn Pop guns!!
I do Retail Floor planning for a living,so I'm in and out of a LOT of retail stores,5 to 6 days a week and 10 TO 12 hour days. My biggest grip is the fact of so many employees standing around jacking with each other.If people don't need help,at least be polite and ask how their doing?
More and more retail is going to self-service and it's going to get worse,because workers don't give a rat's asset where they put stuff,people can't find,they don't buy it...
For the most part,Cabelas,Dundee has done good by me,the used gun guys kill my CC,they see me coming... I think they have a spot in the back room for me or something...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

B
Boyd45 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Steve:

Mentioned that in my letter to Cabelas. At least the other guys (Bass Pro)don't engage in false advertising, saying they are hosting a talk that they fail to produce. I think corporate should educate their employees as to proper behavior, since their parents haven't, and explain the consequences of failing to abide by compnay policy. Then, firing one employee for poor behavior should get everyone else's attention.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it would be a good first step for all retail establishments to forbid the possession of cell phones by employees during the work day.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I agree %100 with that; too many people text away while customers are waiting at the counter.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just about reached through the window of a parking garage booth last week while the sistah blathered on to her friend and completely ignored the growing line of cars waiting to pay.

she was talking so much she had her phone plugged into the wall so it wouldn't run down.

B
Boyd45 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Steve: If its any consolation, I heard of a case where someone died as a result of talking on their cell phone while it was recharging in their home. Just saying, it could happen.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Weekly,I have assignments come it from Mfrs wanting to know how the new product looks,where it placed on the shelve,exposure...tons of retail questions... when I get to the store and take photos,you should see some of the employees in the background,goofing,standing, lost and now the "texting thing".When my Boss gets the reports back stamped "Incomplete",because of no product on the shelve,he starts making phone calls....That cost companies a lot of money!!
DO PEOPLE NOT REALISE THERE ARE OTHERS WHO NEED JOBS AND WANT THEM???

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I often wonder how people who do so little during their day have so much to talk about.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I heard the other day..
A preacher stopped his sermon and asked a young lady sitting up front to refrain from "texting" the devil until she was back outside....

Come on America,

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You guys expect way too much out of $10 hr employees..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can tell LOTS of reasons why they are $10 an hour employees....

Come on America,

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dunno - presentations of outside experts shouldn't be left up to the 10 buck and hour guys. That's a store manager or leadership deal in my book.

I don't talk to monkeys, I talk to the organ grinder...

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well, I'm not that mad at her wink

B
Boyd45 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Calvin: $10 an hour employees don't remain $10 employees when they do their jobs. They get promoted. And, its preferable to being a $0 an hour ex-employee.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to the Cabela's subject. It's amazing that the cameras at those Cabela's stores see everything that you do, but the bad service and employees are invisible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well said and true...It's got to start at the top..
And it's not just Cabelas,it's happening all over the country.

At least their Dundee store appears to run from the top.I've been in a few others in my travels,maybe not so good. The worst I ever saw was Circuit City and Office MAX,but they're gone now..wonder why!!

Come on America,

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (10Glocks, 907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, beefan, 10 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,927
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.