Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hi Folks, Just thought I'd say "hello" after registering. A nice gentleman 99 collector steered me to this site. My great-uncle and father are long time 99 Savage fans and .250-3000 users, so I must come by my interest through genetics. ;-) God Bless and best wishes, Marc

GB1

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome!

Do NOT read the thread "bad news about Tom264" or you will think you have found a pervert site...

Funny, but perverted! wink

Seriously, this is a great site and I think you will like it here.

John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Welcome to the forum! +1 to John's advice... wander into other forums here at your own risk. You'll never look at blue tape the same again.

But this is the place for Savage 99 fans. Definitely read through the threads at the top in regards to the two Savage fests held last month, and browse through the www.savagela.org site. Lots to see, and even more to learn.. We're all still learning here.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
smile Welcome aboard, if you like Savages esp 99's you will not find better company and better information that on this thread.
Don't judge the Campfire by the general forum, go by the rest of the threads. The general forum is kindy like the crazy uncle you dont talk about. crazy GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, welcome to this Savage campfire. We often talk about .250-3000 rifles, they're some, for sure. 303mike

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Welcome to the Forum... 'most all of us are Savage fans except Joe (MadDog)... and he always tries to make fence-posts outta the fine, bestest Model 99s, the "EGs"!!!

Butttttttttttttttttttttt... we love him anyway, even if he IS a bit "daffy". grin grin grin (Jus' kiddin', Joe) smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marc,

I take it that you found the site I talked to you about?

Jeff

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ron_T
Welcome to the Forum... 'most all of us are Savage fans except Joe (MadDog)... and he always tries to make fence-posts outta the fine, bestest Model 99s, the "EGs"!!!

Butttttttttttttttttttttt... we love him anyway, even if he IS a bit "daffy". grin grin grin (Jus' kiddin', Joe) smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

laugh laugh
Ya See We all have a good Sense of Humor. and Welcome to the sight.
Great People,,Alway good Info to share and learn about,,and stories to share. Very supportive group of people here,,and all have some sort of knowledge,kindness,ribbing,joking and good advice. Enjoy.
Steve

P.s. I'll take a good tomato stake -fenpost any day,,over a club! grin

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hi Folks, Many thanks for the humor and warm welcome. By the way, you have a great ambassador in Jeff "RAS" above. :-) He's been very patient and friendly answering questions, while protecting all of our hides.

As background, my great-uncle hunted all over the world with a 99 in .250 Savage, and that long ago sparked my interest in 99's. I have been setting up at gun shows (leather holsters) down south here for 27 years, and have never spotted a .250 that wasn't butchered up. Darned few of any caliber in good shape, and these aren't small gun shows. My dad (originally from NH) has long said the 99 was more popular up north than in the south. So, I am still looking. :-) After buying Mr. Murray's book back in '92, at least I narrowed things down to a .250 EG. I am dismayed to see prices rising so fast, and me still looking.

I am glad Jeff put me onto your "campfire". Best wishes and God Bless, Marc

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,996 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,677
Posts18,534,241
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.