Print Thread
Hop To
#34325 12/10/01
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
just thought i would mention that i just finished reading Ted Nugent's book (God, Guns, and America). ya gotta love the Nuge man. he maybe a little extreme, but it is mostly extreme in a good way. any of ya'll read it?

GB1

#34326 12/10/01
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Barry, yep, I read it. I'm getting copies for my kids for christmas presents. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

#34327 12/11/01
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BARRY... I'll trade you, either temporary or permanent, for the Nuge's book, for "Hunting the Land of the Midnight Sun". This one has Alaskan Guides telling stories of their hunts, with pictures. A hardback book, I bought it local for $30.00. ~~~Suluuq

#34328 12/11/01
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I havent read the book but he is definitely what I would call "extreme".

<A HREF="http://TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com</A>
#34329 12/15/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've read it several times. A fantastic book. I definately would not call him extreme. How is treating other people with respect and dignity (except those who would destroy freedom and personal responsibility) extreme? His no nonsense tell it like it is approach to life is desperately needed and to hear this from a celeberity is indeed refreshing. Here in Michigan he has done an awful lot for the gunowners and hunters. He is a familiar sight in the Michigan legistlture, lobbying for various laws that will increase the quality of hunting in this state. I have a lot of respect for the man. I only hope that he keeps his compass on true north and keeps fighting the good fight.
Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
IC B2

#34330 12/15/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, Its hard to believe the Motor City Madman turned 53 on December 13th. Happy Birthday Ted.
I'm saw him in concert back in the late 70's in New Orleans at he Third Annual Day of Rock & Roll. Boy am I getting old. I will have to pick up a copy of his book. Ted Nugent rules! Bob

#34331 12/15/01
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>I definately would not call him extreme. How is treating other people with respect and dignity (except those who would destroy freedom and personal responsibility) extreme?<hr></blockquote><p>I used the word extreme because thats what was used in the first post. Im not sure thats the best word to describe him. <p>But dont get me wrong, I think he's done an awful lot of good for the sport.<p>But you gotta admit he seems at least a little strange with some of the stuff he says. Or he does to me.

<A HREF="http://TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>TheSouthernOutdoorsman.com</A>
#34332 12/16/01
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I consider Ted Nugent an inspiration and his book
is awesome. I would further encourage all posters
on this forum to check out www.tednugent.com
and become involved with the "talkback" board
there.<p>Also as a proud Director in TNUSA I would like
to encourage everybody to join up with this
fine, very proactive organization.<p>Regards,
Ross<p>P.S. Ted has a new book coming out this spring

#34333 12/16/01
V
Val Offline
V
God, Guns, and Rock and Roll should be required reading for every high school student in the country. Ted definitely has a unique way of expressing himself but he reaches people he wouldn't reach if he had a more conventional form of expression. It was that "in your face, screw everybody that's trying to muck up this country" attitude that took me to TNUSA and the NRA and got me off my butt writing letters to politicians, helping to fight for our freedoms instead of taking them for granted. If it's pure, unadulterated truth you want, Ted Nugent is the guy to deliver! He calls 'em like he sees 'em and backs it up with facts rather than PC BS!! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Besides Ted, there are a lot of wonderful folks at TNUSA. I've made a lot of tremendous friends over there in the 2 yrs. or so I've been "hanging out" over there. Give it a look-see.

#34334 12/17/01
C
C
This is my first time to this board, but I've been posting on the Nuge board for a little while now. My original post on that site was to thank the Nugents for giving my family a common ground to spend quality time together. His hunting videos are like "Saturday Night at the Movies" at my house [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Anyway, I originally posted that message in June, and now they can't get rid of me. The Nugents are truly a blessing to any red-blooded, Second Ammendment supporting American. Take a look at his site... you'll be hooked.<p>Great board you have here, btw... It's been added to my "favorites".<p>-------- Teresa

IC B3

#34335 12/17/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ted Nugent - Extreme guitarist, passionate hunter, devoted family man, friend to all sportsmen whether they realize it or not. Outspoken? Yes, thank God.<p>Cheeka - nobody wants to get rid of you!

#34336 12/17/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arkhunter:
<strong>But you gotta admit he seems at least a little strange with some of the stuff he says. Or he does to me.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Freddie - Please give me an example of "some of the stuff" he says that makes you feel that way. Thanks.

#34337 12/18/01
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
i was just using the word "extreme" because there are few other words to describe him. extreme is not necessarily bad. i find it extreme that he has not purchased meat from a store in 30 yrs. (like he says in his book). wish i could do that. i love the guy (from what i know of him).

#34338 12/20/01
C
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Barry Freed:
<strong>i was just using the word "extreme" because there are few other words to describe him. extreme is not necessarily bad. i find it extreme that he has not purchased meat from a store in 30 yrs. (like he says in his book). wish i could do that. i love the guy (from what i know of him).</strong><hr></blockquote><p>He's definitely one of a kind... God bless him for that!<p>(... and ty, DT [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] . It'd take wild horses to drag me from that board.)

#34339 12/19/01
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I have to admit it. I find Ted Nugent a bit on the unusual side. Now, don't get me wrong. Being unusual is perfectly Ok. I understand he has done a lot of good for the sport and that is great. I watch his TV show like lots of others but find myself getting a bit bored with his enthusiasm and his getting in touch with his inner self.

#34340 12/21/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Barry - I appreciate what you said.<p>Rolly - To each his own. Personally, I am inspired by his enthusiasm. I'm not aware of the "inner-self" thing you speak of. He's passionate, enthusiastic, & doesn't give a sh*t whether you or I like it or not. Gotta admire that.<p>Arkhunter (Freddie) - care to elaborate?

#34341 12/23/01
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Just like BB Deer Texas I am also inspired by
Ted's enthusiasm. In fact, his enthusiasm and
guidance over the last two years are almost
soley responsible for the amount of "anti-ass"
I kick daily, and I do kick a lot.<p>Gotta love it!!<p>BB Ross

#34342 12/22/01
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
First off, Im not saying it in a bad way. <p>I actually like the guy. Im just saying he's different than I am and everyone else I know and hunt with. I dont know or hang out or hunt with anyone who talks like he does. And I dont mean just his accent.<p>Its just his expressions I guess.<p>"Getting into the animals ppirit" <p>"BloodBrothers of the Mystical Flight of the Arrow"<p>"the planets aligned and the Prayer for the WildThings came true for me"<p>Thats all I was talking about.<p>And again, Im not saying or meaning anything bad about him. He does a hell of alot of good for gun rights and hunting.

#34343 12/23/01
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arkhunter:
<strong>Thats all I was talking about.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Thanks for the clarification, Freddie.

#34344 12/23/01
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm in the process of reading his book, Yeah I will admit he is rather outspoken on issues that matter to him. But then who cares I'm glad he's on our side. He's done alot of good for us hunters, and gun-owners.<p>On a side note he is the only rock star that my dad likes. And it's not because of his music either.

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 673, 18 invisible), 1,394 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,865
Posts18,478,668
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.