Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
I traveled down to my trusty Cabela's today. And, Of course it mandated a side-trip thru the Gun Library.

They had a Ruger #1 in .375 Ruger. The tag said "Boddington Series" I knew there were 5 of these limited runs. What "animal" was I looking at?

Dang me, if I didn't start thinking of how I might redirect that gun's journey to my "Cave". smile

Has anyone here shot one? And how severe is the recoil? Darn it... I just can't get that gun out of my head...

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
that one is the Lion..what a mad house that place was this morning!!!I went early for a primer check,scored on some Mag-tec SR

Last edited by rifle; 08/22/09.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
Has anyone here shot one? And how severe is the recoil?
Can't help with any actual experience, but I saw this on YouTube a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Gv3ylp6IU

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Recoil won't be any more severe than the 375 H&H, which is to say, not that bad.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by rifle
that one is the Lion..what a mad house that place was this morning!!!I went early for a primer check,scored on some Mag-tec SR

Rifle,

I was there when they opened the doors. An hour later you could hardly get down the ailes. A quick perusal of the Bargain Cave, and the obligatory look at the used rifles, and we were out of there not much after 09:00... We likely crossed paths and didn't even know it... grin

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Recoil won't be any more severe than the 375 H&H, which is to say, not that bad.

Recoil of the .375's don't bother me... And I can handle even the various .416's, Looks like I'm going to have to do some scheming.... smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GH,by the way,that rifles been marked down.One of my bud's called about trying to find one of the .300HH.I think he said they cut $200 off,not bad?

Last edited by rifle; 08/23/09.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

boddington african adventure series so far...

as for recoil, the #1 Lion is around 7 1/4 lbs without scope.. I used a hawkeye in 375 ruger that was 7 1/2 lbs without scope pretty extesively and it's not that bad. I gaurantee that when you are shooting it at a big ugly buffalo, you don't feel it a bit! wink

[Linked Image]

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dale M, others, what are you finding in shooting these rifles, especially the .300 H&H "Kudo" edition? I've got one on the way and am all ears and very hopeful.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Dale M
Really great photo; you will need to do a complete family portrait when the .450 Nitro comes in.
What is the background hide; an Axis or cowhide or what?
I have found the color variation of the Circassian in these Boddington Series rifles interesting in that they range from quite light to brown- as yours are.
BTW, anyone looking, I have an extra Kudu and Leopard, same # and another extra Leopard.
PM for details.

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Last time I was in the local Scheels (fargo, ND) they had one of the 300's in the rack, if anyone is looking....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GH,

How was the wood? I assume not really stunning or it would have followed you home --especially at a $200 discount.

My .375 is a pussycat WITH a decelerator added! The irons are the el-cheapo standard ones but never get used snyway. It's an ugly SS/laminate but then I got it for a West Coast, wet country, bear hunt that never materialized.

The video gave me the chills when he loaded it up in the studio and didn't touch the safety...YIKES!

I went to bad this week at the otehr end of the scale One of the first Model 77 compacts in 6.8 SPC followed me home. It'll be the little broterh to Ruger #1 in the works at Carolina Precision.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 11/01/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could see a "Leopard" in my future!

The Scheels in Omaha was setting on a .40 cal and was also reduced to $1050. The wood was rather bland, not like the nice figure in the bottom rifle pictured above.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just did a wring out of my .300 H&H Kudu; it's a keeper. Trigger to die for, average groups w/ 150 gr and 180 gr handloads of less than 1 MOA, shoots the 150s and 180s into the same group at 100 yards.

For those of you who don't plan to shoot your's, you should re-think that one. This is far and away the most accurate #1 I've seen, likely that others are too.

El Numero Uno:
The background hide is a bushbuck.

I have also seen quite a variation in wood color, but Ruger must have grouped and set aside the wood for the whole set at the beginning, since all mine in the same serial number run (across many months) seem to match pretty well.

I am looking forward to the whole family portrait as well!

thanks!
dale

(Ruger picked up the photo for RugerPhoto.com) smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw a 7X57 yesterday for about $1150. The wood was plain as a 2x4. Which is a good thing. Otherwise Iwould have bought it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (01Foreman400, 163bc, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 270wsmnutt, 27 invisible), 14,200 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,541,996
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.