Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Nov 1, 2009-

Last edited by DixieFreedomz; 11/01/09.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks but I won't bother....Arizona doesn't participate. I am certain as to the reason: In the summer we want the sun to set asap so we can cool down in the evening, extending daylight hours just prolongs the heat.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
People always screaming "yeah" as they think they get extra sleep. For me, it's completely the opposite but I do enjoy getting home from an evening hunt at a relatively decent hour.

Last edited by isaac; 11/01/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caught me by surprise but what am I going to do, lay in bed?

Raining like all get out here and need to load the truck up with stuff for a dump run. Today's our annual haz waste disposal day and I have a bunch of paint to go.

Also need to stop and pick up a box of cast 185 gr .45 to finish loading.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The clock in my truck is correct again.I need to learn how to set it.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The bedroom clock showed 5:00 AM this morning, but the clock in my head said 6:00. Time to get up. So much for an extra hour of sleep. Always takes me at least 2 weeks to get used to the time change.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't get me started on this yearly stupidity. mad

I just wish they'd leave it one way or the other...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

I just wish they'd leave it one way or the other...

Yep, grew up in the part of Indiana that didn't change their clocks. Haven't lived there in 25 years and I'm still confused twice a year. grin

On the good side, wife is still a snoozing and TNT is showing Crossfire Trail. With coffee in hand I easily got sucked in.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too late, I already screwed up, which means I'll have an impressive caffine buzz by the real 8.00 am.

SWEET. I totally forgot! That just means I get another hour of reloading!

Thanks!

"Someday, somehow, I will figure out a way to ditch work and spend more time in the outdoors"
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jdm953
The clock in my truck is correct again.I need to learn how to set it.

Take the guts out of a cheap ball point pen and use it to push the tiny little button near the clock. Thats how mine worked and my wife thought I was a genius once I figured it out!

Love your neighbor as yourself. Do not take into account a wrong suffered. Never return evil for evil. Resist not the violent man. Turn the other cheek, go the second mile, give to him that asks.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Fixed it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This setting the clock back messes up getting ready for hunting. Just when I want to get up earlier for dawn hunting and need to get to bed earlier for that the time change is the opposite of what I need.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So many clocks automatically adjust that this is not the problem it used to be. For example, my alarm clock in the morning is my cell phone, and it makes the adjustment by itself. Also, the clock on our computers automatically adjust for DST. That leaves, basically, only my wristwatch.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ya know, I still don't understand all the BS on DST. Like pugs, I have lived in Indiana all my life, and for 30 or so yrs., we stayed on EST the year round. Then our esteemed Gov. decided we needed to catch up with the rest of the world, so we went to DST a few years back.

I don't get it, there are 4 time zones in the US. Why can't we just stay on the same time the year round? Even when you change times, your still off with the other time zones.....what a croc...

Oh yeah, if it isn't bad enough, part of the counties in Indiana are on central time, the rest on eastern. Got a town 25 minutes away, that we are off an hr. with, the year round....

maddog

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by maddog
Ya know, I still don't understand all the BS on DST. Like pugs, I have lived in Indiana all my life, and for 30 or so yrs., we stayed on EST the year round. Then our esteemed Gov. decided we needed to catch up with the rest of the world, so we went to DST a few years back.

I don't get it, there are 4 time zones in the US. Why can't we just stay on the same time the year round? Even when you change times, your still off with the other time zones.....what a croc...

Oh yeah, if it isn't bad enough, part of the counties in Indiana are on central time, the rest on eastern. Got a town 25 minutes away, that we are off an hr. with, the year round....

maddog
I'm with you. It's total BS. I'd rather have it a little darker in the morning when I'm heading to work than have the sun go down a half hour earlier.

PS A funny side line to this issue is that when DST was first proposed, a farmer testified before Congress that he was concerned that his crops were going to be getting one less hour of afternoon daylight, and he was worried about the effects this would have on their productivity. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hate it, just leave it alone fer cats sake.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This is actually the normal time. Daylight savings time starts in the first of the year then we fall back to normal time. If DST was never conceived, then we wouldn't have been getting up earlier and having more daylight.

I like DST and wish we would stay on it. Just set the whole country and hour (or two) earlier and lock it in. Call PT for productive time.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
TRH, leave it to a farmer....grin. Grew up on a farm and have worked in ag, all my life. It figgers....

maddog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=maddog]

PS A funny side track to this issue is that when DST was first proposed, a farmer testified before Congress that he was concerned that his crops were going to be getting one less hour of afternoon daylight, and he was worried about the effects this would have on their productivity. laugh

And there were dairy farmers who claimed that the cows would give less milk.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,415
Posts18,507,197
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.