Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
anyone try them? how are they>?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Actually, I,m not real happy with Macon. I had them duplicate a stock for a 28 gauge over and under shotgun. They told me the stock would be inletted to the point that it would require only minor fitting. Not even close! The inletting sucked, so far I have about 30 hours into correcting all the mistakes and still don't have it fitted. Actually, the illetting is so bad I don't know if I will ever get the stock to work. As a bonus, the stock they sent me split. I think I can repair it. Oh ya, I asked for my original stock back so that I could at least use the gun, they said they were keeping it. So now I have pretty much a worthless 28 gauge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lauren
anyone try them? how are they>?

JUNK!
Ya want a good stockmaker uses Boses in Neb.
or these Guy's
http://www.buckmountainrifleworks.com

Last edited by 1899sav; 11/02/09.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well...Let me tell ya about my nightmare with Macon...

I have to start with this Independantly of "Macon", "God makes the wood..!"

I ordered over the phone, through the secratary, "Vickie," she is very nice.
After selecting the details, such as bolt length and so on, I was given a "time of delivery" estimate.

Several weeks after that proposed "time of delivery" estimate was past.. I got a little nervous. I looked for reviews on this company, and found that someone here at 24 hour, had a duplicate made. It had to go back to Macon for re-work...!

So, I wrote to Mr macon and told him that I was wondering when my stock would be completed and shipped and "IF" there was a problem with it fitting (as with the other savage 99 stock he had done) would he be willing to assure me that it would be corrected. Mr. Macon got very defensive, gave me no assurance, and told me that "...I am the best at what I do..."

Two weeks later I still had no stock...!
So, I called againand asked Vickie if Mr Macon was available to take my call. She said no, but that she would be happy to straighten things out.
When I explained the situation, it didn't seem like this was a new story to her. And When I asked about my stock being shipped...she told me that it had gone out a week ago.
Hummm...., It should be here by now then, if it indeed got shipped then.

I had told "Shipping" at Macon, specifically to send the stock to my address in Upstate New York, and also sent an email with it clearly written for their ease of the matter.
Well, my stock got shipped to my "Billing" address (my bank), 6 hours away, in Virginia...!

They called me and said that they received said package, but would not cover shipping to again, ship it, to me here in N.Y.
So, I called Macon again, and asked Mr. "I am the BEST at what I do..." how they proposed to get me my stock which was now several states away.??? Well, the solution was not agreeable to the place where it had been shipped, It wasn't their responsibility to ship it..! So, I drove to Virginia, and picked up my stock...!!!

I really hoped Their woods are beautiful) that things would have gone smoothly, that the Business owner would have some code of ethics, and "IF" there was ever an issue with the anything concerning the stock, that it would be important to him to make it right.

Nope..!
NEVER again will I support that kind of opperation..!

There are far too many good people outthere who care about both their product and their customers to do business with this guy. Sorry to have to be the bearer of such bad news, but, I hope it can prevent anyone else from the same frustration(s).

Scott

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
IC B2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 17 invisible), 1,258 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,128
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.