T
Is that the one from your hat?

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I work part time two days a week at a local gun and pawn shop.Recently we had a Savage 340 in pawn that was about to come out on the floor.I was licking my chops.On the LAST DAY before it came out they came and paid it off and retrieved it.Here in South Carolina these are popular rifles usually bringing anywhere from $200 to $275 at shows.
I am assuming since tzone is frothing at the mouth and Wabo is having morning sickness plus Buschy is fidgeting that your deer season starts this weekend.If so then rotsa ruck.
I have only managed to go twice since our season opened Oct. 11th.Oh well,I have till Jan.1st.
Hey have you ever seen these?My own invention.
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/mosinsights/index.asp
Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 11/04/09.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
well gents I am off in the am for deer camp and water sports along the flood zone, have a great one and good luck to all.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Very cool Stan, I used to have a small ammo can full of special tools that I used when i worked as an armorer in the Marines.

I can for sure appreciate how handy that special tool you made would be.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Stan the Man,

I have been feeling alittle poorly while I sit here once again wearing the Lucky Orange hat I'm frothing at the mouth, last night I slept on the floor in my sleeping bag. Just doing a test drive for camp chomping the bit waiting for 10 more days. I can't take it anymore I'm gonna start rubbing a tree again yesterday I was making a scrape in the living room. All because I Like Big Bucks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGsxgL3tbNk&feature=related

Boom double shot boom boom!!! I haven't been out but once so far this year, my hunting pards have become so Trophy oriented in racks that I'm not hunting with them. I was down and unhappy for awhile, a LONG while but I wanted to have fun again.

I'm doing just that! Found a new place to hunt, working on my enclosed trailer making it a rolling wabo camp. I'm on a New adventure and so is kiddo I'll make new friends and find new things about what makes deer tick on the new land. All in the name of I like deer camps!

Stay safe everyone and good luck and most of all have fun!!!! LOTS OF FUN!!! One more thing Beware of the rolling wabo, he is out there, he's loud, he's rolling till the bucks go down.... LOL

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you too BD.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
looks a little shy of the 3" minimum...

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We got dad's stand all ready to go and it looks great. He's almost as spoiled as Pam. Now I'm just doing a bunch of baking for this weekend. I can't wait!!!!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good deal, I talked to your dad today. I'll be heading out to camp tomorrow night (talk about jumping the gun huh?)

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool Stan. have you sold many of them?

thanks for luck, I'm going to need it. Hope to have some pictures for you when we get back.

I'm headed up there tomorrow to help dave get stuff set up. Can't wait.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks BD. Good luck to you as well.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hhhmmmm. Forget how the stand looked... Tell us more about this baking. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TZ,

Good luck to you and Dave and please try to have some fun;)

I'll be heading for Bigfork about noon on friday, only about a 2 hour drive.

Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave and Tom, looks like I'll be headed up noon on friday so I can get my stand up while its still light out, I'll throw in my .22 pistol in case we come across any grouse smile
I'm getting super pumped right now, I gassed up the rig tonight, buying tags tomorrow and going to the range for one last double check on the rifles.

I don't know how I'm gonna sit through class come friday morning laugh
then I hit the chiropractor for a quick alignment so I can help tom drag that big ol forky toes out of the jungle he'll probably end up dying in (they always do) smile

I'm pumped boys! woohoo!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You will find out soon enough. I'm making my popular caramel bars(Dave knows what I'm talking about). And I am making a suprise also, can't tell. Hope you all like it.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't wait to meet you Muffy!
I'm restless as all get out tonight as I started putting my gear together, I didn;t want to start too early or I'd be a wreck before friday gets here smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Got up early and shot the gun this morning. The last shot was picture perfect....oh, I love how that gives a guy confidence.

tonite was trying to find my gear....it is spread out between two storage trailers, dad's, the garage, and a spare bedroom. I do have my gun, my license and my shells, that is all a guy really needs, right?

Mmmm, caramel bars. Can you put a stamp on one and send it down to me?? confused

I will be dreaming about big bucks tonite. A guy was bailing hay next to our wheat food plot and kicked out 14 skinheads out of the wheat (which is about 200-300 yards from my stand!). Pretty soon, one of them is bound to have a boyfriend. grin

Hey, maybe we should have an official Chickenbuck big buck contest. Everyone pretend to throw in $5 and that will be the pot. Biggest real buck (spread + points?) gets the mythical money and braggin rights for a year. And if ND gets him with his bare hands, he gets 5 bonus points!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since I don't have an address to send you my "famous" caramel bars, you'll just have to take the guys word for how good they are.

The Chickenbuck big buck contest sounds like a great idea. I wouldn't put it past ND to do that either.

Good luck hunting!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
ha. you'll see when you meet me...I'll like it. laugh Can't wait.

Been cooking pea soup all night, so now the house smells great. Can't eat that yet though, I'm saving it for you guys.

See you soon.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Mmmm, caramel bars. Can you put a stamp on one and send it down to me?? confused

We'll save you one, I promise. wink

Page 261 of 1,842 1 2 259 260 261 262 263 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.