-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I leave a packed 'real' lunch at the truck. Hunt from pre dawn to around noon, hike back to truck eat lunch and meet up with hunting partner, hike back out and hunt til dark.

I carry with me quite non smelly snacks and lots of water. Jerky and candy bars wrapped in paper towels (foil wraping make too much noise for me) fresh fruit like an apple or orange, deer like this smell.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't hunt much from a stand, but when I pack food it is usually a sandwich or, more lately, a tortilla wrap. Jerky and some ganola bars or candy bars in my fanny pack or day pack are what I usually have while still hunting or glassing. Then more "real" food (like the sandwiches, chips and fruit) at the truck or ATV.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
CLF bars, a bagel (doesn't get smashed real easy), some chunks of ham and cheddar cheese works for me.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
On a slightly different topic, I always bring a big mouthed grin empty bottle for answering natures call. One year I forgot. All I had was an empty sandwich bag, but I had to really go. It was also cold that year, so Mr. Wiener did NOT want to come out. Imagine a guy dressed up in 46 layers trying to pull out something like a turtle head stuck back in its shell eek and then attempting to take a leak into a sandwich bag....all up 16 feet in a portable stand. I pulled it off though! cool

Just think of the thread we could start on this subject. grin

Kelly
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
this is my new favorite snack while i'm in the deer stand.

kind of like raisinettes but a little ..... nuttier.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B2

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Rich,

I just can't do the spam thing.....

I normally pack either Ham/cheese or PB&J, apple, energy bar of sorts or candy bars and bottle of water.

CLB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

My wife and I were just laughing about that one last night Dave. When I am out hunting I bring jerky and a granola bar for lunch. I find that I am to pre-occupied to have much of an appetite.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
On a slightly different topic, I always bring a big mouthed grin empty bottle for answering natures call. One year I forgot. All I had was an empty sandwich bag, but I had to really go. It was also cold that year, so Mr. Wiener did NOT want to come out. Imagine a guy dressed up in 46 layers trying to pull out something like a turtle head stuck back in its shell eek and then attempting to take a leak into a sandwich bag....all up 16 feet in a portable stand. I pulled it off though! cool

Dang dude how hard were you pulling? Did it hurt? Did you have it sowed back on? Can you still pee standing up?

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I did that with a zip lock bag once.

had the zippy in my coat pocket cause i used it to bring a scent wick out to my stand.

nature called &.... well, it worked just fine.

Something clever here.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

From the makers of the Butt Out? 175 pellets. Who would count them to know?

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The local Army Navy sells MRE entre's and the water activated (catalytic) heaters. For day trips, I pack two. One for lunch, and one for dinner. I usually don't head back to the truck until after dark in most places I hunt.

Later in the year, I'm known to pack the Iso-pro stove and a couple cans of Campbells Chunky. Trail-coffee is a real treat in late November when the temp doesn't go over 20 degrees. There's been piles of books written on trail cooking with back-pack stoves, but Lipton Spanish Rice, with a can of "sammich chicken" rolled in tortillas never sucks laugh

Bread and actually hunting aren't that compatible... If the mood strikes me, I make my sammiches in flour Tortillas or pita bread.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My stand is only about 15 minutes from the cabin so I come in for a bowl of chili or soup for lunch. I take a thermos of hot chocolate, bottled water and a couple of small candy bars in the morning. In the PM I take an apple and bottled water.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Pepperoni rolls,granola bars,water.

Pepperoni rolls is my number 2 reason to hunt in West Va. Deer population is number 1.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Any cold cut, usually turkey or ham, a thermos of hot chicken broth. and some energy ot granola bars

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I take a couple of ham sandwiches, Antelope summer sausage, some of my own smoked jerky, an apple and alway's a couple jug's of water. And of course, some wipe in case I need to get rid of some lunch by afternoon...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wasn't it Patrick McManus who talked about keeping a bologna sandwich on top of his head under his hat while hunting? wink

Craig R. Collier
~Grizzly Custom Knives~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Ham sandwich w/ mayo.
Nothin' wrong there.. PB and Mayo are plenty tasty too.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
PB and bacon...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steak and green chili burrito with a bag of Fritos and a couple of apples. Envy me.

Dad always said, "Nadie Nacio Ensenado" (No One Was Born Taught)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last few years,if Im going to be in a stand,I will take my little cat heater,and wrap all my sandwiches in tin foil.I have a 24" section of stove pipe I put the heater in,and set the sammich on top.It keeps the fingers warm,and in a short time I have a hot ham and cheese .If you leave it on long enough,it will melt the cheese.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (257Bob, 1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 54 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.