-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carry the magazine full and then maybe another dozen rounds. It's far better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
4 rounds in the gun and 6 more in one of those red plastic Federal thingies.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good thread! Very interesting how we all do it a little different for different reasons.

I always carry 2 in the mag, 1 in the pipe, and if I'm not planning on shooting (going back to camp, or what have you) I can open 'er up, put the chambered round back in the mag, and "slip close" the lever on an empty chamber. I also have a little mag pouch on my belt that carries 10 that I always have on me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
6 in the 99 and a couple loose in pockets. If all else fails I can use the 99R to defend myself the old fashioned way. Like a club!

The really nice thing about the R is that the stock is so thick that you can inlet a hand held Garmin GPS unit in the butt stock without blowing through. Much better than a plain jane compass. Try that with a barrel band carb.
PS. Extra batteries are stored under the butt plate.

God is pursuing you America ---turn around!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
15. Five in the gun and 10 on my belt. Having spare ammunition is just like having a gun. Its better to have it an not need it than to need it and not have it. wink grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
My .300 Savage made in 1941 holds 6. Plus I have 4 in my pocket and whatever's left in a box of 20 in my back pack. Like the feller above says, when you are in the woods, you never know what can happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 300jimmy
6 in the 99 and a couple loose in pockets. If all else fails I can use the 99R to defend myself the old fashioned way. Like a club!

The really nice thing about the R is that the stock is so thick that you can inlet a hand held Garmin GPS unit in the butt stock without blowing through. Much better than a plain jane compass. Try that with a barrel band carb.
PS. Extra batteries are stored under the butt plate.

Jim
When are you going to market with the concept! grin grin
Too funny!

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Heck, why not add a flask inside the stock also? Fit a little spigot on the outside for easy dispensing? If you're that lost that you need a GPS then a "wee dram of the Old Nasty" would be helpful too!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Heck, why not add a flask inside the stock also? Fit a little spigot on the outside for easy dispensing? If you're that lost that you need a GPS then a "wee dram of the Old Nasty" would be helpful too!

Gary
Never while Huntin.But the concept is good. grin
"BUT I AM GOING TO BREAK OUT THE FLASK TONIGHT! And hoist a Few to my Dad.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I pride myself on one shot kills. Still, not having enough ammo, somewhere along the line, has been a problem for someone. Having too much probably has'nt been. 4 or 5 in the rifle, a few in my pocket, the rest of a box full in the truck. I dont hunt particularly rugged or remote territory though.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
4 in the mag, 1 in the chamber and 5 in my pocket. The 5 in my pocket jingle when I walk in and out in the dark to scare the bears away like those little bells the hikers in Kaliforny wear. If you're ever walking in the woods and find bear chit with .300 Sav rounds in it, then you know what happened to me!

Brian

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in the patent app process now. I want Les to be my spokesman.

I'll hoist a cold one to your Dad's memory tonight. I'm blest to have my Dad in this world. Looking forward to hunting with him in a just under 2 weeks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Load em up with 180s and you'll be fine Brian. Now with that 250-3000......it might be another story.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim
Tnx. Hunt as Much as you can,,and spend the time,,,I always spent 10 Hours a day,,and all the time we could in the field and in the woods.
Always Had the Best of times and ton's of stories that keep me together.
But it's hard at some day's but life isn't always easy.
Tnx Bud. I'll watch for the patent.[/b] grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve:

It's Miller Time. A toast to Dad and dads everywhere that make a positive difference in their kids lives.

Talked to Dad tonight and the rut is on. He saw two sixes while on his way into the woods this morning. 11 days to the MI Opener.

Sorry for the hi-jack. Cheers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jimmy
17 Days until Wisconsin.
I'm Ready,,and Old-George-Skidrow gonna keep me company for a day or 2 again this year.
Toast and Cheers to all dad's.
Steve

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Steve, is George headed over toward Marinette at all?

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by docost99
Steve, is George headed over toward Marinette at all?

Brian
I don't Know,,he Hunt's Hazel Hurst,,,And Coming By Me for a Day or 2 Like On Monday?
I Know He has relatives in the U.P.!
Ya Gotta Ask Him
We're gonna Have Dinner Friday Night Befor Opener at Marty's Place On 51
Steve

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
G
G
I'm a somewhat new savage 99 owner. Can someone explain how they get six in the gun? Or do some only take 5. I can only fit 5 in the rotary mag. And I can't stick one in the pipe with a full mag because of the feed. my rotor only seems to hold 5. Am I doing something wrong?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Should be able to put five into the mag and push the fifth one down enough to feed one into the chamber and close the bolt.

Might be yours isn't tensioned right. Unless you're a really bad shot and need 6, I'd just stick with 5. grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (338reddog, 117LBS, 2ndwind, 204guy, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,784
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.