Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not without me you don't.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shhhh! Don't breathe a word of this south of the border, but mightn't those who smuggle people and stuff up here be wise to hire innocuous-looking, obviously decrepit ol' phardts like me as drivers?

grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
How much time you got left Pat. I have about 5 and a half. Mrs. Tide is about to be under 4. Already planning to turn in all my junk and be successful at another career.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How much time you got left Pat.
++++++++++++

About a month. Chances are good he won't be leaving Tennessee.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All the "big ones" do that already.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
How much time you got left Pat. I have about 5 and a half. Mrs. Tide is about to be under 4. Already planning to turn in all my junk and be successful at another career.

Same here. I've got about five years also. I may hang a little longer after my KMA attitude peaks. What are you considering for your next career?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Isaac,
Ya'll got him signed up on that Hog Hunt in Tennessee don't you? I would have loved to have been able to make that one.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Speaking of KMA! smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
was gonna comment but I see Pat right there on my heels I better run! (grin)

you in the running camp have way more energy than me, I only run when I feel like it's necessary. my life experience has left me with being pulled over by a cop ain't even in the ballpark for me to expend that kind of energy.

have had contact with LEO that runs the whole spectrum, from face down on the highway (good ole TX boys) to the most pleasant stop you could imagine (that guy should have been the trainer for civilian contact, super nice guy even though he wrote me two tickets)

now if Obama has his way and get his civie, para military police force, I might revisit how I react with LEOs.

but for now, it's pretty much hello officer, if you can overlook this transgression, I can hook you up with a years worth of lock picks from LPE.

figure it serves the bastids right for pulling me over in the first place

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Actually, I have a brother that works for the railroad. It seems like it would be just interesting enough to keep my attention. Also an opportunity to work on another retirement. I will retire at 43.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Isaac,
Ya'll got him signed up on that Hog Hunt in Tennessee don't you? I would have loved to have been able to make that one.

+++++++++++++++++

I wish you could, as well, Tide! I can see Pat's already excited about kissing the ass of a lawyer. But, coppers are used to that! So am I!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhh...I'll have thirty at 51. Then, who knows. BTT, I stopped chasing people about 20 years ago.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think one's view point of police is based on where you are. Here in Montana where there are more guns than people and almost everyone is heavily armed both citizens and police, citizens and police tend to be polite.

I'm sure in those places where only the police are armed and maybe the criminals things tend to be a little less polite between the police and the citizen.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'll have 20 at 43. They couldn't issue me a hooters girl with a twin sister for my days off that would incite me to stay for 30 years.

As for you, Isaac, there was this one lawyer I used to see. I had no qualms about kissing her rear. She had no qualms whatsoever. <Grin>

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by isaac
Isaac,

+++++++++++++++++

I wish you could, as well, Tide! I can see Pat's already excited about kissing the ass of a lawyer. But, coppers are used to that! So am I!

I'm not more than a couple hours out. I may try to run down one evening just to meet some of you ne'er do wells.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cruisin' down the middle of the road on this subject. Law enforcement is necessary, but I'm thinking a little imposition of justice would do away with the need for so many cops. To my way of thinking the collective law agencies in the US are a fifth column which I cannot fully trust. I don't fear them...just don't trust them.

Never been arrested but have had a number of experiences good and bad with LEOs. There are some of those tools out there far too impressed with their power and unconcerned with their purpose to suit me. They will lie during testimony in court. They will turn on the victim with abrasive and intimidating interrogation. They will not expend resources to solve crimes, sometimes when the perp is identified for them.

Some years back I lived in the Keys and had a fishing boat that no agency of the law could catch. The reason they never did was simple. On the day I took delivery one of the nation's finest told me he couldn't wait to take a chain saw to it during an inspection. Why would I let them do that? I had the speed and it was simple to employ. Why would I embrace LEOs, even if I understand that most are OK and stand for the right things, when far too many are two bit punks.

OTOH, one of them saved my life years ago and I never got his name or got to shake his hand.

Boils down to this for me. What have I got to gain by having discourse with cops? I avoid them when I can.

Color me skeptical of our paramilitary police agencies.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Tide...Pig cook-out party Saturday night with Pat doing the chef duties. I'll be the guy next to him holding him up and away from the fire.

William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Isaac, I sent you a PM.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boils down to this for me. What have I got to gain by having discourse with cops? I avoid them when I can.

Very much so.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

Very much so.

Works out good. We usually avoid folks who aren't police, they don't want us around unless something is wrong.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,032
Posts18,500,580
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.