Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope its not true. smile

I love watching you guys get your anonymous panties in a bunch. Leastaways I have the balls to be me.

O well, got to go pass out some excellent service and low prices to the thousands of folks who use us now. LOL. As to the rest, ye reap what you sow

Hey maybe we will become a forum sponsor here too LOL

Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine t�tige Unwissenheit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buying sponsorship here does not cover you for incredible acts of stupidity and rudeness...

Never thought of the other forum as the Mafia, but you are buying protection...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems that the only incredible acts of rudeness I see is folks carrying out their personal little war with Jim and /or I over the course of many years from the anonymity of their easy chairs.....

Once of us hurt your feelings? Awwww, I'm sowwy....but you reap what you sew as I have said many times.

Last edited by Wildalaska; 11/09/09.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As I posted here earlier "Condescension does not play well when it is obvious you are doing it to cover for cluelessness..." So... Did you mean you rip what you "sew" or was that reap what you "sow"?

Calculating lost revenue from your attitude would be difficult, but it is a significant number...

Question: How is it that WWG is almost universally singled out as the "Last place I would ever go", or the "Worst service" or the "Biggest idiots" or any number of other points? I have never seen a bad thing on a forum about the service at Great Northern Guns, Chimo's, Mt. View Sports, or pick any other... Yet almost everyone has a story about WWG...

As to quality work. Last winter I actually went to your shop because there was an out-of-towner that really wanted to see your shop.

While there I saw a number of lever guns being restocked. It is obvious the stockmaker has no clue what a stock is supposed to look like. There was not a single straight line nor flat field anywhere. But I do not expect you to understand that comment based on what I saw in the shop...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Wildalaska sometimes the guys on the AOD are polite to a fault. This ain't quite as Mr Roger's neighborhood.

I spoke to one of you guys at a show once. I'll assume it was you. I asked if you were a gunsmith and you replied with a condescending and haughty, "I am a master gunsmith." The line was delivered with so much bravado I think I chuckled out loud thinking you were kidding. I guess not in that it seemed to put your "panties in a bunch". They probably match the rest of your costume. The conversation went downhill from there. I wish I could remember the line of crap you were trying to sell me but can't remember the specifics. It went immediately into the ignore pile.

I imagine it's been harder for you with the forums like this where notes can be compared so easily. As SD said I'm sure the revenue lost number is significant. If you can read the writing on the wall or screen as it is and not be such an ass more power to you. You have a chance to make a better impression on those who have yet to be blessed with your attention. Looking at these few posts it doesn't appear to be heading in that direction. It's a missed opportunity for you in that most guys like to support the independent local shops.

I will admit the recent phone conversation I had with one of the girls there was relatively pleasant. In the long run, that's not gonna cut it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This ain't the AODD, running your mouth off here will get you a bit more exposure so please, carry on... wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL....

Anyway, Have fun guys, its always the same bunch anyway, you have been at it for years....

PS:

"I asked if you were a gunsmith and you replied with a condescending and haughty, "I am a master gunsmith." "

That was Jim and he is. Member of Club 100 best pistolmith in US. Member of American Pistolsmith Guild

Again, have fun. Any of you newcomers reading want the best prices and best service in Alaska make sure to stop by...we guarantee you will be treated right.....and the coffee is always hot but bad.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry, but you are wrong... Have been "at" nothing for years relative to WWG. I have never made a single post on AOD and have only been there a time or two when folks have linked it.

Good move not commenting on your stockwork though...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL........I noticed he didn't have anything to say about that either. Would have liked to see the banter between you 2 concerning those stocks.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jim may very well be the very best gunsmith in the world (at least he thinks he is anyway) but his attitude, and the others I've tried to deal with there is the reason I won't be back. I'll happily send my work out of state, and pay more not to have to deal with anyone there.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wildalaska
Seems that the only incredible acts of rudeness I see is folks carrying out their personal little war with Jim and /or I over the course of many years from the anonymity of their easy chairs.....

Once of us hurt your feelings? Awwww, I'm sowwy....but you reap what you sew as I have said many times.

Since I'm pretty sure your actual name isn't "Wildalaska", I was sure from your comment that you weren't in "the anonymity of (your) easy chair," but clearly identified yourself in your profile. Like a lot of us do, because we don't have anything to hide. But it appears that you are hiding your identity, since you sure haven't listed your name or address. Shoot -- you may not have anything to do with the gunshop in question -- you could be anyone, unconnected to anything. A little proof is in order, given what you claim.

Step up or shut up...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
In their defense they do a excellent job of catering to clueless folks with more money than brains..

If "that gray hair idoit" is their spokesman and resident expert that speaks for itself..you can [bleep] the fans..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Wildalaska
ye reap what you sow

Truer words have never been spoken.

But it is rare and fun to watch it happen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Farmer Ken may have crop failure in his future, you say?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nah... Bumper crop of exactly what he planted.

Most people use BS for fertilizer, but they have a novel approach down there at WWG.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
where'd she go..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by armst
In their defense they do a excellent job of catering to clueless folks with more money than brains..

If "that gray hair idoit" is their spokesman and resident expert that speaks for itself..you can [bleep] the fans..

bingo, we have a winner

went to the new store to see about pickin up a part I needed for a 1895 guide gun last time I was in Anchorage.

big ole boy with a trophy in tow was at the counter, as I was browsing to see what they had, got to overhear the sales pitch, twas evident the guy was a newly relocated DSMF'er

I'd say that's their bread and butter. Tis a shame really, they make and carry some decent stuff, but there's lots of places to spend your loot and get similar results without dealing with the pricktitude.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I made one visit to WWG when I moved to Anchorage in 2007.

Jim
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, wait! You guys are all wrong! The attitude you got was only what you showed them! Really! Ken said so! You know, rippin' what you're stitchin' and all that!

wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep...that's it...all of us are wrong alike, and one guy's right...you bet... whistle...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 14,347 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,295
Posts18,545,289
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.