Originally Posted by bcp
Compromise: Hang them gently.

No - Hang 'em High!!! smirk

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This argument about what is brutal is pointless. Every type of capitol punishment can be found to have some eliment of brutality. Those opposed to leathal injection are now saying that the pain of the IV is brutal because Doctors refuse to do the set up. Hanging is usually fast, but if the cacul;ations are off the neck is not broken and the exicuted wiull strangle, or the head is pulled off. Electrocution if done improperly causes sever burns to the still liveing human. Personally I have seen what pain these crimminals cause, so I do not have any sympathy for any of them. ASt one time I felt that Drug dealers should be strung out then given cold turkey and as soon as the recovered from that strung out again, until they were so screwed up they could not function normally then given a leathal overdose, but that is much to humain in my opinion. Another option I heard on a TV show years ago is let the convicted sit on death row thinking, at the final hour some one would go to them and say that the Government had decided that a mistake was made and they are free, and as they see the door open to freedom some one would put a bullet in the back of there head. But that is just not enough for what some of these animals have done to earn the death penalty. Right now I am thinking of two brothers who wer always in trouble and causeing trouble they were theves and burgalers, I caught them once almost shot the older one but didn't have enough cause. They got out of jail after serving a third of the sentance went to another city and started a rampage murdering nine people during roberies a car jacking and a home invasion were they held six people hostage repeatedly rapeing the women, finally shooting all six killing five and leaving one near death to freeze in the snow, she managed to survive after being shot, driven over and nearly frozen. Both Brothers were convicted, but since this states capitol punishment laws were ruled unconstitutional these two animals are sitting in a max securaty prison at the ytaxpayers expence until we get another death penailty or the die of natural causes in sixty or seventy years, and that is just to good for them.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jammer
I'm not going to read the thread that being said I don't agree with shi?. I say F them all. Ya I've had a few friday night brews but screw em. I am no means a bible thumper but I was brought up in a christian home......is that ok to say these days?

Yeah, that's good to say. I don't believe in islam. I think the koran is the story of a man who alined with satan and gained power. All the killing and such in the koran is considered holy because it was ordained by muhamed who said it came from allah.

Fact, muhamed was a military dictator who wanted not to be followed, but worshiped. The koran basically outlines his rise to power and celibrates blood baths. In point, one of the tenants of islam is a pilgramage to mecca. That is in celibration of muhamads return to mecca from medina, he had been driven out of mecca before. When he returned he killed thousands of men women and children, and enslaved the rest. The koran says that muhamed took pleasure in seeing the hands and feet cut off his enemies and watching them bleed out from the open wound.

The horrors go on and on

This is the guy they worship daily.

That aside they do what we did in the past, hard on crime. We should be that way, but we're not because we are too "civilized". So civilised that we cannot even recognize our enemies be they domestic or from abroad.

Follow Jefferson and know thy enemy. That is the real reason why he read the koran.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the founders stated the revolt that lead to the Creation of the United States. At the time, the punishment for treason against the Crown you was subjected to a little treatment, You were hung, then racked then your belly opened, and you insides removed one my one while alive, then burned then when you finally died, you were cut into quarters. That is what the intend of the founders with regard to Capital Punishments. There were a whole list of things that was the norm at the time, Under the Islamic law you like, the Duke Kids would have been put to death with in the week. I agree on the rape. But people do lie, DA's do lie and do things for political gain. The system of justice, while is not perfect, I would rather put up with the BS of it any day of the week than be subject to Law according to Islam.

Last edited by gmsemel; 11/14/09.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am a firm beliver in a true three strikes law. On a first offense, the judge would havediscretion on sentencing the perp. Probation, fines, jil time, his choice of one of the above or all of the above. On a second offense, whatever the maximum sentence was for the crime for the first offense would be automatically doubled with no parole. If the perp hasn't wised up and did another crome (We're talking trictly felonies here.) then it is a mandatory death sentence to be carried out within one week of sentencing.
My reasoning is this. If you went to the doctor and he told you that you had cancer in one kidney, you would damn well opt to get it removed. Crime is a cancer on our society and those repeat offenders should be removed as quickly as possible before they do any more harm to the body of society.
Of course when the crime is murder and guilt is proven beyond any reasonable doubt, why waste time on numerous appeals that take years while the killer sits in jail getting three squares a day. To be fair, he should be allowed at least one appeal but if it fails, hang him, use the needle or hire one of China's executioners to do the bullet in the back of the head and don't forget to make the perp pay for the bullet.
It's high time we stop babying the bad guys and do what's right.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe the prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment referred to some of the punishments of the time - burning at the stake, drawing and quartering, repeated whippings, etc. As far as I know, the burning and drawing weren't used in this country, but whipping sure was.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bcp
..."kinder and gentler"...

calling for brutal punishment

i'm all over that. let 'em choke and pizz on the end of an american rope.

-tom

Wag More. Bark Less.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
wink and as the judge told the convict at his sentencing to the hangman's noose: "i hope we teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

the Muslims, God help them, have an extreme view of social law & order. just take a peek at the Taliban. they blew ancient Buddhist "statues" off the sides of the mtns, because they could.

Islam does seem to believe in law & order. their version of law & order, of course. so, now we're attempting to define the areas of overlap between/among Christianity, Western Civilization and Islam. surely, there are some??

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh, let me add one more, in the interim. they believe strongly in "ritual" don't they? bow down toward the East and facing Mecca/Medina? about five times a day?

Ritual? who else in the West is strongly associated with ritual? now we're beginning to see the inter-connects. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i cant say that i disagree with the kill em all and let God sort em out philosiphy, but i like the good old firing squad. everybody gets a bullet though, nobody gets blanks, and that way everybody will be just as responsible for cleaning up society. i would be proud to do my part for my country and state.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
wink and as the judge told the convict at his sentencing to the hangman's noose: "i hope we teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

the Muslims, God help them, have an extreme view of social law & order. just take a peek at the Taliban. they blew ancient Buddhist "statues" off the sides of the mtns, because they could.

Islam does seem to believe in law & order. their version of law & order, of course. so, now we're attempting to define the areas of overlap between/among Christianity, Western Civilization and Islam. surely, there are some??

Lets understand, I'm not talking about what their laws are as far as what they define as crime. I'm not talking about the process, protected by the constitution, of the rights of the accused and the trial process. I'm talking about hard line acts of society AFTER conviction. Punishment should be swift and assured. There should be no question as to what the judge gives, it should be solidly encoded in law and be brutal in respect to being merciless and unfeeling.

As far as rape, it would have to be evident due to its obvious brutality or in conjunction with another crime. I've seen hundreds of record and it seems that robbery or burglary, kidnapping and rape go together like bread and butter.

As far as a D.A. lying, well, he would be committing murder using the state as proxy. He should pay for murder.

Here's the this, the one defining difference between us and islam in regard to this discussion. The islamic world is basically far behind us in this progression to what is considered an enlightened civilized society. They still treat people convicted of crimes harshly. All I'm saying is that we should reassume that attitude in response to crime and criminals. Our constitution must be honored at all cost, yet its provisions are toward the accused, not the convicted, Let the convicted pay, and pay dearly.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I sometimes wonder if the Death Penalty really does anything to prevent the commission of crimes.... well... other than repeat crimes, in which case, I think is just fine and a pretty good solution.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ruger 4570
I sometimes wonder if the Death Penalty really does anything to prevent the commission of crimes.... well... other than repeat crimes, in which case, I think is just fine and a pretty good solution.

Well, if someone lingers in prison for 15 to 20 years and then is executed by a pseudo-medical procedure then I would say the deterrent effect is minimal. But that is not the only reason to do it, there is just reparation for a crime.

Then I think that if the execution is carried out relatively quickly, after some kind of review at the 6 month point, and done in such a way as to appear merciless and unfeeling, I'd say there is some deterrent effect. If you take a prisoner and put him on a table, then give him some meds that make him sleep before giving chemicals that cause death, you make the act appear merciful. That has the opposite effect of what should be portrayed. You are effectively coddling the prisoner to the end, giving him some sort of relief from the stress and panic of being executed. No such coddling should be in place.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by crosshair
Originally Posted by Ruger 4570

Well, if someone lingers in prison for 15 to 20 years and then is executed by a pseudo-medical procedure then I would say the deterrent effect is minimal. But that is not the only reason to do it, there is just reparation for a crime.

Then I think that if the execution is carried out relatively quickly, after some kind of review at the 6 month point, and done in such a way as to appear merciless and unfeeling, I'd say there is some deterrent effect. If you take a prisoner and put him on a table, then give him some meds that make him sleep before giving chemicals that cause death, you make the act appear merciful. That has the opposite effect of what should be portrayed. You are effectively coddling the prisoner to the end, giving him some sort of relief from the stress and panic of being executed. No such coddling should be in place.

On that we agree.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
i cant say that i disagree with the kill em all and let God sort em out philosiphy, but i like the good old firing squad. everybody gets a bullet though, nobody gets blanks, and that way everybody will be just as responsible for cleaning up society. i would be proud to do my part for my country and state.

You know, some years, like 1995 or so, ago we had an inservice class done by a psychologist. She stated that pedophiles cannot be cured. She said it was their sexual identity.

I told her she was wrong, I told her it could be cured quickly and effectively. She, being a little nieve and not realizing I was baiting her in, asked how. I told her it could be cured for about 20 cents, the price of one .45 round behind the ear, I told her that her problem is that she expected the patient to survive the treatment.

Shortly I was standing before the Major. He was laughing as he told me to stop being a smart azz. He started in corrections in 1968, so he was old school.

Later I spoke to the psychologist, I told her that empathy and compassion was her job, not mine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
osshair,

If someone listens to me they might think I agree with somethings form Islam. That is not the case. Some of the things I say sound similar. But, you see, I had these views long before I heard of Islam.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bcp
..."kinder and gentler"...

calling for brutal punishment

Use a silk rope, it won't irritate as much as hemp!!!! whistle

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't agree with ANYTHING about Islam.

The face of Islam:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.