Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
reloader[quote]You dang sure can't use them in Iowa, I found out first hand the first time I hunted there. I had no idea and carried one in my pack. I radioed to tell my brother and dad I was coming out to my truck and a few minutes later 5 DNR trucks surrounded me like a drug bust in the middle of a corn field.quote]

now if the game cops showed as much zeal in catching poachers......

No Joke!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ive never seen anything in the Texas regs that sais we cant here either.

"Its a Model 70 thing, you probably wouldn't understand!"

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other.
-Ronald Reagan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i have no issue with the laws that bean them from useing them to persue game however why is it then legal to do a deer drive and direct game towards a hunter? same thing to me, in states that allow deer drives but not radios i think they are only going half way with their laws. my .02 anyway.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AKBoater
AK has regs against the use of radios and cell phones.

"You MAY NOT take game by:
Using a pit, fire, laser sight, electronically enhanced night vision scope, radio communication, cellular or satellite telephone, artificial salt lick, explosive, expanding gas arrow, bomb, smoke, or chemical,
Except:
Communications equipment may be used for safety; that may not be used to aid in the taking of game."

Straight from the Alaska Regs Book.

If you use an exploding two way radio, you're in serious trouble. smile

Camp is where you make it.
J
J
welp nothing in NC reg book that prevents it, but don't give them any ideas. It's already 100 pages.....

The NCWRC officer that did hunter's safety for my son said for him to 'read it while in his treestand' LOL

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The one loop hole in the AK regs is it doesn't say anything about regular landline telephone. SO if a person had a decent view from their house they could direct another person to a moose. Pretty common in some areas to have moose in the yard, so you can call your friend and say "Hey, I'm all tagged out, come get this moose to stop munching on my garden." Just don't call their cell phone.

Deal with it.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
tell that to the MOSAD...

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
From Penna. Game Laws:
Portable, two-way radios and cell phones may be used for general communications with another hunter, but may not be used to direct or alert another hunter of the presence or location of live game or wildlife. The use of electronic communication devices to alert hunters to live game is not only a violation of the Game & Wildlife Code, but violates the concept of Fair Chase. The use of portable radios does not satisfy the legal requirement of accompanying a junior hunter. The accompanying adult must be close enough to give verbal instructions without the aid of an electronic device

We use FRS radios because I hunt with my 70+ aged dad and uncle...and I'm not the picture of health myself.

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing in the Florida regulations mentions the use of Cell Phones or FRS/CB/other radios for hunter to hunter communication about animals or hunting.

Sam......

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
i have no issue with the laws that bean them from useing them to persue game however why is it then legal to do a deer drive and direct game towards a hunter? same thing to me, in states that allow deer drives but not radios i think they are only going half way with their laws. my .02 anyway.

There is a big difference. In a drive, you may or may not move deer and you have no control over where they go or what they do. You can't really 'direct' deer on a drive, you can only put standers where you think the deer will go.

Calling one of your buddies on the phone/radio to say 'there is a buck to your right behind the big pine tree and he's heading downhill' just ain't fair chase. If your buddy doesn't see the deer on his own, he doesn't deserve a shot at it.

Dale

This space for rent

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by 99in22_250
NH does. I know if you are hunting in a group, by law you are not allowed to say on your radio,"Hey Fred, you got one coming right toward ya, be ready." Radios are supposed to be used for communicating your position or to "check in", but NOT for the location of game. I'd be willing to bet there are alotta guys who are unaware of this law in NH.

This restriction only applies to the Moose hunt according to NH Fish & Game.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dale i understand your point but, "To Me" i see it(deer drives) also as unfair chase. and wish they would out law them right up there how most states wont let you run dogs on deer either. i have no problem with folks doing it where legal but would be happier if they were to change the law & it was not allowed.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,558
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.