Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Families do squabble and I really hope that's all this is. I'm pretty new to the forum, but have been impressed with the patient, helpful and collegial nature of the exchanges, even with the occasional jab when someone gets a little sideways.

About a year ago I spent 8 weeks thinking I had pancreatic cancer, and I can tell you that experience changes your perspective on what's important. Many of us are getting too old to waste time on rancor, and not one of us is guaranteed to be alive in the morning. Be nice! So far, the part of this thread that I like the best is mad dog's rabbit with the pancake on his head, a sarcastic and not so subtle comment on how we all look!

Best wishes to all and good hunting. John

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you...." Kipling

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DGF
Hot Damn Jed!! Laughin Here!! If I ever decide to make a tub of homemade chicken chowder, I'm gonna have you stir the pot!! laugh

DGF Could you send me the recipe for the chicken chowder?

I haven't commented on this discussion because I have been to busy preparing for the late fall chicken season here is S. Wisconsin. It's been a tradition among my friends and family for ...... well I guess now that I think about it just that one year 1975 ....but now that Centurion has made 5mm ammo available again I got to put the Savages away and dig that old Remington out again and try to revive the old tradition.

I always liked to shoot them at a least 50 yard - a wounded animal can be extremely
dangerous, even one that is supposedly domesticated ---- especially chickens! They can still attack with their heads shot off! Just ask my hunting buddy, he was to close to one once and got spurred --- he still carries the scars of that attack both physical and mental (almost pisses his pants every time we drive by a KFC).

[Linked Image]

PS I just realized something and will probably call off the hunt, now that over 30 years have passed I have gained enough weight and my beard has gotten white enought that I think I may look to much like Col. Sanders to get close enough to a chicken for a clean shot.

Last edited by GeneB; 11/18/09. Reason: 2nd thoughts

Gene
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
edit: post removed

Last edited by Calhoun; 11/19/09.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Gene, that's a dandy! Here in Tennessee we get more excited about the fall possum season; mostly we spotlight 'em after midnight. The next day, a real celebration with a Tennessee seven-course feast (6-pack of beer and a fried possum, YUM!).

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B2

L
LRF Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
GeneB,
What caliber are you using on ferel chickens?
I favor the 218 Mashburn Bee. It seems to serve very well when in deep cover and there is a risk of a charge.

Because of Antelope hunting in October I missed out this year on my annual trip to Missouri as Oct is the height of the season in those parts.

Last edited by LRF; 11/19/09.

Save the Earth...its the only planet with chocolate!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Just curious, but how did JC acquire the books in the first place?

Dan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh my god!!!

It was almost dead too! Can't you just let it die?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tsk...tsk...tsk....and they call me touchy.

Dan, I believe when Roe Clark retired he either sold them or passed them down to John Callahan.

Not quite sure what the transaction was but they went from Roe to John.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Cats in the belfry. How about a chicken sandwhich (made with pancakes), on a 'possum's head?

On the other hand, why not let the parties involved in this behind-the-scenes malatrop settle their hash in private and all of us get on with what's important in life- Savage shooting, hunting, and collecting. Life is too short. Chill.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Let it go is good. On the other hand, all in all this was good reading( thousand how many hits). Reminds me of a fine Thanksgiving day disagreement. Some start it, some pipe up and add to it, none come the real solution. We all watched and a good few added but the way I see it we all have learned something by taking tidbits from all that was posted(I like the rabbit). Now where were we? I remember, I have a Leupold adjusto mount marked Sav 99 made of solid bronze with jappaned finish and rings at 7/8" inch. Any one have any input? I'll start a new post if I can figure the pics again.

You, fat man, speak up. - Will Munny, Unforgiven.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
politics and personalities i learned a lot ..carry on with life corporal.. grinNorm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 50 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,859
Posts18,517,753
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.