Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 31 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 30 31
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sgt217

Which canyon trail? Rim to rim, Bright Angel? Which one??

I suspect thee is some serious Googling going on as we read this! grin

Last edited by Pete E; 11/23/09.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ingwe
How can we get you to make your last post on this forum?

ing,

This would be a travesty!! Entertaining threads like this are fun to read from time to time. Every place seems to have a whipping boy...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I agree. But I wish he'd stay out of this forum. You can usually read any thread and learn something.

Travis

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by sgt217

Which canyon trail? Rim to rim, Bright Angel? Which one??

I suspect thee is some serious Googling going on as we read this! grin

They have records for quickest round trips on most of the trails....He will have to google carefully...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by deflave
I agree. But I wish he'd stay out of this forum. You can usually read any thread and learn something.

Travis

Exactly Travis, he comes in the BP section and starts crap because he is getting slammed in the optics. Starts a thread about a marathon that he claims is a hike, blah,blah nothing about BP hunting.

Someone wants some info on specific BP fitness and he jumps in and on the the 5th post he's touting his powerlifting techniques and has nothing to add to the BP hunting aspect of the original question.

Nothing BP hunting to add anywhere, Troll, stay out of our section.

Kent

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I just read this whole thread and I'm tired. I think I'll put my feet up and ask my wife to bring me a beer, because just reading about all this power hiking makes my feet hurt too much to get my own beer.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sorry dude, I couldn't help myself:
[Linked Image]

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I didn't say I ran 50 miles in 9 hours. One of you trolls said that, and I made fun of it. We WALKED it.

If one of you couch potatoes wants to surf the Internet to find what the average other couch potatoes can't do, go ahead. None of that is relevant, but neither is your lack of personal experience.

We see posts from people who don't know that basic weight training is, much less the differences between power lifting and Olympic lifting. But they post, anyway, just like do on every other thread.

Every time you reveal yourselves as know-nothings, you come away more angry and determined to attack the next discussion and stink it up. Then you make fools of yourselves again with your lies, and each other quoting the lies and attributing them to someone as if they were truth. You are like a bunch of 13-year-old girls.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you spell Lee24 in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lee24 once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Lee24 re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publicly claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
IC B3

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
mcmurphrk, what do you get out of sucking up to those other trolls?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I love it! She wouldn't need to make so many trips.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I admit to being a know-nothing, so please post a link to the page where it shows you earning the medal for your record walk.

- Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Lee24
I didn't say I ran 50 miles in 9 hours. One of you trolls said that, and I made fun of it. We WALKED it.

If one of you couch potatoes wants to surf the Internet to find what the average other couch potatoes can't do, go ahead. None of that is relevant, but neither is your lack of personal experience.

We see posts from people who don't know that basic weight training is, much less the differences between power lifting and Olympic lifting. But they post, anyway, just like do on every other thread.

Every time you reveal yourselves as know-nothings, you come away more angry and determined to attack the next discussion and stink it up. Then you make fools of yourselves again with your lies, and each other quoting the lies and attributing them to someone as if they were truth. You are like a bunch of 13-year-old girls.

Lee,

Thank you again for confirming the fact that you are a liar.

Any of you that doubt me, should find a treadmill and rev it up to 6mph and see if you can sustain that for 50 miles.

Sorry Lee!!!!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I run my dog at 6.5mph on my treadmill, come to think of it. That's a regular "trotting" pace for Gus... tough to see a person keep that up for 9 hours straight. Gus has his tongue hanging out after about 30min.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Its not a walk is it???

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Nope, my dog's "trot" is my jogging pace. My walking pace is his "why are we going so bloody slow...?" pace. Apparently the ridgeback in him wants to go faster.

[Linked Image]

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
It is pathetic to see people like "trouthunterdj" still insisting that no one can cover 50 miles in 9 or 10 hours, when I have posted links to hundreds and thousands who have done it.

9 hours = 5.5 mph, not 6.5, by the way
10 hrs = 5.0 mph. That's walking.

Did you see the 10k NCCA championship on TV today?
6.25 miles at about a 4:21 mile pace. That's running.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're awesome.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
You're awesome.

I don't want to disagree with you...but I'm gonna have to this time....

For Lee24...

[Linked Image]

grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 16 of 31 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1eyedmule, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 18,279 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,951
Posts18,539,526
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.