Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
WSM_Fan Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Anyone got one? I'd love to see some close up pics of the stock. Is it as nice as it appears on the Browning web site? I'm thinking of picking one up. Just need to decide on the caliber. I've got over 10 rifles, so I'd be buying this for the lever action and the wide selection of calibers but most of all for the grade V stock ... other option is the Weatherby Mark V with the grade V stock ... personally prefer the BLR.

460 SW Mag
GB1

T
T
This is a hard rifle to find any info about. I bought one this spring. Mine is a 270wsm. I was hoping for a 308 but I'm up in Canada & any calibre in this rifle is rare enough. I like the wsm but think the high price of ammo might kill it's popularity in a few years once the hype dies down. I bought this purely for the design. To me its the best looking gun around. Next is my BLR stainless with the laminate 81 stock. As for the medallion, its hard for me to give an honest evaluation. Like I said, appearance wise its fantastic. Stock is absolutely beautiful. Nice detailing with the rosewood. Scroll work is fantastic as well. The big "medallion" lettering on the left side is a bit of a flaw on the design side. I think more rifles should come with the option of scroll work. Would probably sell a lot more guns that way. My problem is I cant decide whether to hunt with this or keep it as an investment. I havent put a scope on it yet or taken it to the range. I think if I get drawn for my monster mule buck this year I'll take this rifle out to celebrate though. I'll throw a nice Leupold scope in gun metal grey on it to look even prettier. I hope this rifle shoots as pretty as it looks. I'm thinking a record buck would only be too happy to jump in front of a bullet coming from such a good looking gun.
Overall it was definately worth the high price I paid for it just to be able to open up that guin cabinet & look at it once in a while.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd keep it as an investment and with any luck you'll be able to dump it for a minimal loss....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never seen one and don't think I'd want to.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I don't see a BLR white Gold Medalion listed on the Browning Web site. I see an Xbolt white Gold. but nothing in the BLR series. Never has been a BLR Medallion that I'm aware of.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
I don't see a BLR white Gold Medalion listed on the Browning Web site. I see an Xbolt white Gold. but nothing in the BLR series. Never has been a BLR Medallion that I'm aware of.

It was A shot show special last year...

Last edited by wsmfan; 02/28/10.
T
T
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Here's a pic of the rifle from the old Browning posting. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it appeals to me. Certainly not the best practical choice but thats not always what its about.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, I like it.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never seen one. I do like the forearm design, grip cap and wood though.

If they blued that dude and left off the engraving, I wouldn't mind having one.

JM

T
T
Browning has a bunch of designs for the BLR. There is a stainless base model similar to the medallion with the pistol grip, schnabel forearm and no engraving. There is also a blued model available. In total Browning has 6 different versions of the BLR on tap this year:
http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/family.asp?webflag_=003B&catalog_=B

Personally, the BLR is my favorite rifle. I've heard grumblings from the bolt action shooters about levers not being as accurate. This rifle is actually a lever operated bolt. Nice & solid. I had no problem dropping my whitetail buck at 400 yards this past season.
As for WSM Fan's original request, here's a shot of the stock on my Medallion. The picture doesn't show it off but it looks great.
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 12,174 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,368
Posts18,547,133
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.