Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mike
How about the fare shake? AND YES ETHICS PLAY A ROLE! In the end your right it is up to the seller. Sometimes the first to act wins still very upsetting but it is reality.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fare shake... True... But GB rules allow this, so it really is not unfair. It sucks, but it is not unfair. GB needs to change there rules... And I think they should. As stated earlier. I have made out because of the same thing, but I have lost "MANY" more because of it...!!

Mike...

All said, the Savage 99 is a genius of a rifle. Although no longer produced, it remains highly revered, as it was the foundation from which Arthur Savage built one of America's great gun companies. >> (Jon Y. Wolfe) <<
L
Loggah Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mike,What the hell!!! obviously its 50-50!!! if you caught your wife having sex with a stranger ,it would be 95%-5% fault !!!! whos?????thats a bit rich! reality its not always pretty. Don

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Loggah
Mike,What the hell!!! obviously its 50-50!!! if you caught your wife having sex with a stranger ,it would be 95%-5% fault !!!! whos?????thats a bit rich! reality its not always pretty. Don

What would the percentage be if it was his best friend? laugh

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is why I believe auction sites should be concerned about this practice. Who knows what the 99k actually sold for? Only the seller and buyer. The seller fees paid to Gunbroker will be the reserve price. I don't have a dog in this fight but I have noticed a few questionable auction practices on Gunbroker lately. Tom

IC B2

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I hope you have not been in them shoes!

The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The wifes best girl freind? 95% me?

You, fat man, speak up. - Will Munny, Unforgiven.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don, you are comparing "Family" to "wood and metal". I am just trying to make for interesting conversation, If you or anyone is actually going to angry with me over a discussion about an issue we all care about, then I guess I am just wasting my time...!!!

It is what it is...

Thanks MD... smile , gotta keep my eye on my best frinds now...!!! smile

Mike...

All said, the Savage 99 is a genius of a rifle. Although no longer produced, it remains highly revered, as it was the foundation from which Arthur Savage built one of America's great gun companies. >> (Jon Y. Wolfe) <<
L
Loggah Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mike, were talking ETHICS here, the subject matter is all relative it could be about anything,right is right, theres no middle of the road crap, if you don't "GET IT" by now you never will. just making interesting conversation! grin Don

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don
Most of the country's problems today has to do with ethics and the lack of them seems like they were lost in the last generation or two. Devilsclub if you are doing your old ladies best friend it is 1000% YOU!!

The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
rgr223, you do have the rules of GB in the right order, there's no disput. The switch a roow of a few rules might be in the future, who knows? A lot of the buying and selling to someone you have never met and will never met is all but in it's first stages. Our grand chrildren better hold on to there socks. Still, even this talk was a step to the new.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know Don. If I want something in a store, and it is the last one on the shelf, I would not relinquish it to another customer just to be ethical. It would not be ethical, it would either be being generous or stupid. If GB rules did not allow this to happen you would be 100% correct. Again, I don't condone this, but I don't fault a buyer for taking advantage of an auction site that really is not an auction site. If GB did not allow this we would not even be having this conversation. So where does the fault really lye...!!!

Wow, this is difficult trying to type all this on my iPhone smile

Mike...!!!

L
Loggah Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
devilsclub. Ya and i didn't even get to rant on schill bidding!!!!! grin if you watch the auction sites you will see patterns show up!!!!! hey Jed, and Lauren, remember you guys saying"THEM AUCTIONS ARE ALL CROOKED" crazy crazy grin Don

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I'm not doing any girl, was a joke. Been married almost 30 years, lovely wife. As much as I have disliked GB rules, they are still there. I do how ever take a bit of pride to play the game in a way I see as fair. Not to say every one has the same values.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I guess you all will be able to see and handle it at the next Savagefest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh geez. For shill bidding we are going to need to start another post...!!! smile smile smile

Mike...

L
Loggah Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mike, If its in a store!!!!!!!!! its not a auction grin grin ethics are not involved picking it off a shelf, thats called shopping!!its still up to the buyer to make up his mind if he is greedy enough to try to snag or cut a deal on the auction site,who knows what is really paid in these under cover deals. Don

L
Loggah Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Good idea,mike you want to rassel or just twist noses,mines been broke a lot!!! grin grin Don

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctw
I hope you have not been in them shoes!

Naw, but I'm on the sidelines watching the game on this thread cause I can't bid guns on GB anyways so I gotta get my shots in while I can.

It's kind of fun watching some of the guys get upset and the other half (the back pocket guys as I like to call them) keep it rolling. laugh

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
R
RKO Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Don't worry fellas I'm sure the gun is going to a good home. grin

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 56 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,659
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.