Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It certainly affected my purchases and will continue. I try to always stick with the popular ones i can get at walmart if need be.

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i think i can stretch it out to 6 months if i really put my mind to it! grins

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Moderation in all things... wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't worry about it much. Recently bought a 284 Winchester and had no problem buying ammunition for it. Reloading has been a habit for many years so I don't worry much about feeding anything I might find.

Some of the more exotic calibers have been the easiest to find ammunition for around here. It is the 308's and 30/06's that have been hard to find. They left the shelves as soon as that guy got elected president. Anyway the ammunition choices have pretty much returned to normal with some of the prices being a little higher now.

22LR ammo got hard to find and is only now showing up on the shelves in any quantity. The version that I like to shoot most is the subsonic hollow pt and it was always available. Most people don�t like it I guess.

Reloading components are still slow getting back on the shelves. I think many are still accumulating a supply that they are comfortable with and buy what they can when they can.

None of this would stop me from buyng a firearm if I decided I wanted it. You can always come up with ammunition from somewhere.

Harry
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Bullet casting is looking more and more like a good hobby to me.
Paul you are my hero!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, I was going to buy an English made double rifle, but when I saw the price of .470 NE ammo, I changed my mind. grin

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks, the bullet casting is fun but i think i have a ground in my pot. haven't had the time to mess with it.

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dies, powder, and primers

[Linked Image]

Bulk bullet inventory and brass inventory

[Linked Image]

Bullets ready to use

[Linked Image]

I have added more since these photos were taken, but then again, I don't ever let supplies get too low. When I open the last pound of powder or brick of primers I get more in stock. When Ifind a bullet that works, I buy as much as I can afford. Bullet don't ever go bad.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not worried at all. I just picked up a .284. I found all my reloading supplies for it here on the 'fire.

Take your kids hunting, instead of hunting your kids.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not a bit.. I handload for nearly everything..

But Paul W makes me look like a newbie.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
People must be hoarding less or the manufacturers must be catching up to the demand, because stores are pretty well stocked around here lately.

Component prices are high, but I've seen some good deals on loaded ammo. Local Cabela's has a sale running through today on Fiocchi 50gr Vmax .223 ammo at $21.99 per box of 50 rounds, which is about $8.00 a box less than it was a year ago and they had all kinds of it in stock.

I think the hoarding is declining to some extent and manufacturers are catching up. Component and ammunition prices have taken bad jumps since the metals markets went nuts about 2 years ago. It has cut into my shooting and dinkering around with different new cartridges. I really like the rifles I have and have been more focused on keeping a good supply of bullets and brass for them given my limited budet.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
ammo has not really been a factor in my rifle purchases but the dang baby formula and diapers has about killed my rifle purchases
it pisses me off when im in line at the grocery store paying 25 dollars a can for formula and some non working jack ass is getiing 9 cans a month free on wick

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jcdixon77
ammo has not really been a factor in my rifle purchases but the dang baby formula and diapers has about killed my rifle purchases
it pisses me off when im in line at the grocery store paying 25 dollars a can for formula and some non working jack ass is getiing 9 cans a month free on wick

Add non english speaking to that and you'd have what I see here covered!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jcdixon77
it pisses me off when im in line at the grocery store paying 25 dollars a can for formula and some non working jack ass is getting 9 cans a month free on wick
I hope it ain't a dude [bleep] as that would be illegal. Chick [bleep] can get WIC. Just another case of gov't discrimination mad

Kevin Haile
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,989
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.