Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Youper Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm not aware of anyone tresspassing with firearms on my land. The problem is with snowmobiles, atvs, dirt bikers and the surveyor. Frankly I would be less upset if they were walking on it with firearms. The main entry that tresspassers use is an abandoned tote on a slope with an erosion problem. I can't fix the problem until I can keep vehicles off of it.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you just put a fence in the middle of it, or something similiar that would make the road impassable, most people won't bother. If they tear it down, you can take them to court (if you know who it is, or can recognize them).

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
well I ride dirtbikes and atv's. now I'm older and mostly ride on mine or my friends property which is really nice because I am friends with the owner of a local mining company that owns basically all of the land in the county and I'm not exaggerating. but when I was younger we would ride basically anywhere we felt like it. <P>they are right the only thing that would keep people away are the fear type signs. about the only thing that would keep me and my friends away when I was younger would be the blasting signs in strip mines where they were actively blasting with dynamite. gates don't work, fences don't work. also with the fear signs it depends how close the offenders live to the property because if they are familiar with the area they will know if there is any truth to the signs. <P>------------------<BR>"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by need one:<BR><B>If it flies it dies, -- Hey, I have been living here since 1964 and I wasn't aware of that law. Where do you find that? How about concealed carry people and unfenced private land? Wake me up here, I've missed something and in dire need of help. -- no</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey need one, I apologize, I let my alligator mouth overcome my hummingbird memory. It is not a felony to trespass in Texas with a gun, but a class A misdemeanor.<P><BR>And the property basically needs to be posted, fenced, or have crops growing on it for entry to constitute criminal trespass.<P>However, if someone was hunting with a gun on another's fenced land, without permission, they would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor which is fairly serious. Definition follows: An individual adjudged guilty of a Class A misdemeanor shall be punished by:<P><BR> (1) a fine not to exceed $4,000;<P><BR> (2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year; or<P><BR> (3) both such fine and confinement.<P>Same basic penalties apply to someone with a CHL trespassing on the above type land. Sorry about that, I made a booboo. Good shooting, hopefully not with a S&W.<P>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just do what is legal, do not set booby traps if you wish to keep the farm. I have a friend that I used to ride with. one day he and a couple of other guys wer out on a forest trail when he hit a cable strung across the trail. His neck was broken and now he is a quadraplegic who owns a lot of land. This boy was 16 and can now only move his head. that was 20 years ago. The guy who strung the cable was not even on his own land. So just becarefull in what you do to stop trespassers.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (7mm_Loco, 35, Allen Martin, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 6 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,471
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.