Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1234567
About 5 gallons of used condons in a remote spot on a old logging road. They were all in a neat pile.

Someone, or several someones, must have had some type of party.

I found something about like that while shooting on a local river bar several years back.From what I could gather,it must have been an orgy.Used condoms were strung out for 20 yards,along with bottles of lube,some blankets,evidence of a pretty big bon fire and about 100 empty beer bottles.

I've never smelt that kind of stench before.You could smell it 50 yards away.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Found a dead guy on Rollins pass. I was packing out camp and coming down the trail with the mules on the way to the trailer when i seen a small car parked next to the Needles Eye, upon getting closer the back window was covered in red goo and a dead guy with a note taped to the windshield.

Other than that some old mining tools and lost hikers have come my way.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I find myself...everytime I go hunting.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
what did the note say?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ha Ha Lynn that's funny!

It wasn't me and it wasn't hunting, but you reminded me of a story I know of a big find!

A friend of mine is an auto body man. So is his dad. The dad often goes around to government auctions and buys cars (junk) cheap for the fenders and what not.

Well he bought this car back in the eighties from a neighboring county's sheriff's dept. sale and had it parked around for a year or more at his place.

After all that time, another guy bought it from him to turn into a demolition derby car -- but this guy got a crowbar and opened the trunk and found 10lbs of pot in there!!!

He called the sheriff and gave it back -- My buddy and I were young and kind of wild back then and had saw that car a thousand times and never once thought of opening the darn trunk!!!

I wouldn't of been calling anybody anyway, but the funniest part is the sheriff's dept had sold the pot to my pal's dad!!! LOL

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey! if somebody finds my glasses in Wyoming seen them back. Please.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

---------
"A quart Mason jar full of pot...."
---------

Them damned Masons! grin
Hoodwinking youngsters by drugging is a reprehensible way to recruit! Glad you had family around for support and to help with disposal laugh

---------

I hate when the hoodwinking happened.
wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
A quart Mason jar full of pot....

Make what you will of this but THAT I would have kept. For a rainy day and medicinal purposes you know!

When she was with us in this life my 80 year Grandmother found 5 very large patches of pot on her mountain in Asheville. Turns out it was the caretaker whom she fired on the spot. Then she pulled it all up and burned it herself. I'm still shocked that she even knew what it was.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The space shuttle fell all over my deer lease a few years back, but it wasn't hunting season.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
what did the note say?

The note I left alone, the Colt 1911 Officers model caught my eye. The Sheriff told me no.

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
It's not that unusual, though typically I find the keys in the gas cap. It's not that hard to find the owner - they are always on the wrong side of town and will give you a reward for bringing it back . . . grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dad found a guy sitting on a stump once who was lost down around the big thicket - sitting there drinking out of a flask. He told me later I think I drank all that guys liquor and might have left him sitting on that stump.

Last edited by NathanL; 12/07/09.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Hey! if somebody finds my glasses in Wyoming seen them back. Please.

I think a griz is wearing mine! Left them up on the mountain when I was sheep hunting.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Luckily I find my way back to camp. Every time.
Allan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found my check book,hunting on foot while grouse hunting,lost it a year earlier, to the day, doing the same thing.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Several years ago there was a story going around here that a local kid had bought a beater car from a seized property auction to use as the base for his auto shop project. Later, when he was trying to do some sheetmetal work, he found 5 kilos of cocaine hidden somewhere in the body. The teacher called the Sheriff, who in turn called USMS, who in turn were rather red faced and they seized the car again. A local attorney who likes to take on easy high profile cases that get his face on TV jumped in on the kid's side and got the USMS to "donate" a newer "clean" vehicle from their garage. The kid made out well, but it is too bad that he didn't get the street value of the cocaine to.

Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You take a check book hunting? Winn Dixie? smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Other than a cheap hunting knife or two, a good box call, and a real nice buck - at least what was left from the coyotes outside Cleveland, OH, the thing I'm most glad I found was a clip from my 6mm Rem 788. I lost it as a kid in a snowstorm. When it melted off, I rode my bike out of town and back up on the hill and searched until I found it. 35 years later, with them going as high as $100, I'm glad I took the time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
You take a check book hunting? Winn Dixie? smile smile
didnt take it on purpose.Never knew what happened to it,till I found it.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
re: returning the money.

In one of the lesser Liam Nisen (sp) movies "Rob Roy" he says to his wife, "Honor is the gift a man gives himself."

How copy?

Last edited by David_Walter; 12/07/09.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 807 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,390
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.