Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Not meant to pass judgement either way on the validity of the original posters intentions but only as a heads-up.

When I googled "Speedy Gonzales rifles" as one of the above new members suggested, my AVG Av popped up a warning alert " Exploit Rouge Scanner (type 972)" on the first 3 websites I clicked on. I don't know, maybe it's just on my end but again, just a heads up.

Last edited by joken2; 12/08/09.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
From what I've heard and seen Speedy is a hell of a Benchrest competitor and gunsmith. He doesn't spend much time on the 'net, rarely post on BC or Long Range Target Shooting. Thinking he has too much to loose pulling a scam.

If so may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits....

P
P
Speedy and I are two completely different people. He was a Marine and I was in the Army. I live in Murfreesboro, TN and he lives in Trinidad, CO. We're different ages and miles apart in our abilities with machine tools.

I imagine that's easy to fake. I'm not about to give out my IP address to anyone; to be honest I don't even know what it is, but as a reference to my character you can check me out on ebay as Paradude54 or on gunbroker as SFWeaponsMan. I have nothing but good feedback.

Yeah, I know, it does seem strange when you see two people with few if any other posts suddenly bringing up money. I actually found this forum as the result of Terry's situation, which is why my first post was to this section of the forum.

From all that I've seen it looks like a good one since I enjoy damn near anything outdoors. During the summer when I'm at TSJC taking gunsmithing classes me and my siberian husky live in a tent for a couple of months on some land that I own near Trinidad. Much cheaper than a motel and much more enjoyable.

I plan to stick around, post some more and you guys can get to know me better. You can decide for yourself at some future date whether I'm a good guy or an a**hole. Hopefully you'll judge me for who you see and what you hear and not as a scam artist, which I'm not.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Kind of interesting that all these NEW people coming on endorsing this.

Jim

Exactly what I was thinking - it's starting to smell again!!

At best I'd call it poor form...... crazy

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
P
P
I just went to the first 3 on the list and didn't get any kind of alert. Maybe we have our virus protection or firewall set-up differently. Rifles I can understand, computers are a regular route for colorful language for me though. smile

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Paradude54
Speedy and I are two completely different people. He was a Marine and I was in the Army. I live in Murfreesboro, TN and he lives in Trinidad, CO. We're different ages and miles apart in our abilities with machine tools.

Oh.....in that case...... whistle

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
P
P
Not trying to be confrontational, but what would I need to do to convince you that Speedy and I are 2 completely different people?

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Toni/Speedy/SGY,,,,,,,,,,,,you said "It is not often I reach out to the shooting community but in this case I make an exception. ......"

What do you mean by this?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Google Foo found the same post at Benchrest and Accurate Shooter.

Also an article in Guns and Ammo
http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Sa...alnut+Gives+to+the+Future+of+Gunsmithing

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A quick email could verify this.

I sent one off....

Trinidad State Junior College
NRA Program Coordinator: Speedy Gonzalez
(719) 846-5578
Speedy.Gonzaleztrinidadstate.edu

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I gave at the office...

I didn't understand a word you said, but whatever it was I'm right there with you.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I put the phone number in Google and got

www.nragunsmithing.com/trinidad.html

www.nrahq.org/education/gunsmithing.asp

They both list Speedy with his email address. Looks like a legit guy and legit email address.

"Speedy Gonzalez is a United States Benchrest �Hall of Fame� member and 13 time National Champion and Benchrest World Record holder.

The only NBRSA member to win National Championships in both Varmint and Hunter Class competition.

Qualifications include 25 years tool & die making experience in the fields of machine tools, pattern making, plastic injection molding, stock design, barrel making, electro discharge machining of carbide bullet swages.

He also holds a degree in mechanical engineering.

speedy.gonzaleztrinidadstate.edu "

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
I have news for you S.O.B.s I am good friends with both Speedy and Terry.The two of them have not only taught me how to be a better gunsmith,but how to be a better man.As my man Speedy says " no good deed goes unpunished.You boys keep your damn money.We will take care of our own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1andonlypost
I have news for you S.O.B.s I am good friends with both Speedy and Terry.The two of them have not only taught me how to be a better gunsmith,but how to be a better man.As my man Speedy says " no good deed goes unpunished.You boys keep your damn money.We will take care of our own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post. You take care of yours and we wil take care of ours
It takes a lot of gall to come begging on a site where you've never been and only supported by others of the same ilk.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just Got an email back from Speedy, he is now sorry he posted for
help for his friend/student.

This one is legit and from what I could find Speedy is a stand up guy.

This is why folks are logging in and coming to his defense.

Boy, did this one turn upside down...

Last edited by bcolorado; 12/08/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And just how did you think this was going to work? You just thought youd show up and people would throw money at you? And now you are trying to make these guys into the bad guys just becase they want to know if its for real or some internet hoax? Screw you, go beg somewhere else.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
my name is Emerson Gates.I live in Trinadad Co.It won't be hard to find me.If one of you gutless gasbags want to stop by for a chat,feel free to stop by

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my name is Emerson Gates.I live in Trinadad Co.It won't be hard to find me.If one of you gutless gasbags want to stop by for a chat,feel free to stop by

Trinidad? Are you there for a sex change?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

no i am here to learn how to make deadly weapons

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Every elk camp, deer camp, bar, school, and yes, internet site has a certain protocol. It's typicall unspoken, but very clear. Rarely does announcing yourself sight unseen and asking for handouts get a good result, no matter how noble the cause.

Emerson, I know you won't disagree with this - someone wanders into your deer camp and say he's got a buddy who needs a deer, can you lead him to one, is going to get a long, cold stare, no? There was (and still is) a better way to make this pitch. Get an introduction, someone to vouch for you. Provide some bona fides beyond bald assertion. Don't rely on internet links . . Too much water under that bridge for anyone who is familiar with the world wide web. Go from there. . . .

Stefan

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,902
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.