Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I just got back from my buddy's place. He recounted many deer hunting stories of being scoped by hunters on public ground and of people almost going to shoot him.

In his most recent case, he was walking up the side of a ridge, on a deer trail, then her heard a "huff - a sigh of relief" as a gun hunter, perched in treestand high above him, lowered his rifle, as it was pointing directly at him!

Long story, but they got in a yelling match with the guy in the tree refusing to come down and threatening to fist fight if he did. There are many morons like this out there.

We all know that each year, many hunters and innocent people are shot- remember ? What to do?

He's a best buddy of mine and I could have lost him.

Did you read this in Field and STream douchebag?

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Did you read this in Field and STream douchebag?

No; however, you're the douchebag and 'Stream' does not have a capital T in it:
[Linked Image]

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it quacks like a troll..............

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by brooksrange

The leaves didn't make that much noise; the hunter was only about 10 feet above him and 20 feet off to the side AND at the same time he saw movement of the guy lowering his rifle! He had just come into view along the top of the ridge, around some trees. I swear that Idaho gets more and more hunting pressure each year in some places!

Well, then if he was that close, both hunters should have seen each other.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
(tom264)

"Thats what I was getting too.

Orange laws and what state he was in.....he's googling right now."

(brooksrange)
"I swear that Idaho gets more and more hunting pressure each year in some places!"

wow tom you nailed that one!!!! now im thinking troll for sure

Last edited by swampfoot; 12/12/09.

the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
wtf are you talking about. Didn't call you or brooks a troll. it just smells funny and I'm sayin' so.

Last edited by tzone; 12/12/09.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ooooops! fixed it for ya sorry bout that grin

the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Poor, poor brooksrange.

grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if the story happened or not. None of us do because there was only two people, supposedly, present. We are only hearing one side of the story third hand hearsay.

Does getting scoped by a rifle pointing hunter happen. Hell yes it do and it is frightening even if it desn't make you mad as a hornet. That's why I'm using a small pair of binoculars when I am looking.

If you are hunting public land, what there is of it, in Texas you have to wear orange. I don't know if it bullet proofs you against idiots or not.

IMO getting in a mouth match with some idiot that has just pointed a firearm at you is fairly dumb. I'm taking cover asap.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Brooksrange has never had a gun or weapon of any sort in her hands. I guarantee that . He is the total [bleep] troll of trolls masquerading as some sort of gun owner/hunter whatever.

Thanks for posting your personal pic as well. Hopefully you will wear that outfit the next time you are hunting in some GAY bar .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gay Trolls reading Field & Stream?!?! eek

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good post BCR.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WTF ??

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It doesn't have to be public land for it to happen. Last saturday evening I was parked in a driveway on my own property. A wheat field adjoins the drive way and a little 6 point buck is grazing along a hundred yards or so between me and a public road (another 200 yards). Some idiot stops on the road,(could see it coming) pokes a rifle out of the window and starts getting ready to shoot this little buck. I did have a rifle of my own and was detemined to stop the vehicle if he shot as I knew mine would be hit or worse. Finally he did notice my jeep, took off at a high rate of speed. One cannot believe how much I detest road hunters!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am going to call BS on this story just like all his other BS posts. I am a surveyor and have surveyed many of property lines and never in my life have I seen or been part of clearing a property line that could be used as a shooting lane from a treestand.

It just doesn't happen we do not need line of sight from 20' up in a tree it is ground level clearing.

Brooksrange you are a troll and you are on ignore christmas or not.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
rost495,

I guess they both got into a heated yelling match. My friend was angry and initially thought the treestand guy was still on public land and wanted to report him and the other guy was upset that my buddy was walking in "his territory", even if it was on public land.

What the hell was he gonna report?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Doughboy,

He was wearing MossyOak camo. He also had a brown beenie and brown boots along with a stainless rifle.

I think that the noisy leaves combined with the screen of brush made the other guy ready his rifle prematurely.

It's scary out there.

It's scary out there...then stay home. Don't go in the woods, and quit making BS stories.

Don't believe you either. How could he hear a sigh of relief if he was walking in the leaves?

The leaves didn't make that much noise; the hunter was only about 10 feet above him and 20 feet off to the side AND at the same time he saw movement of the guy lowering his rifle! He had just come into view along the top of the ridge, around some trees. I swear that Idaho gets more and more hunting pressure each year in some places!

There was a study done that's interesting about hunter orange:

This year, the New York State Hunting and Trapping Regulations Guide and news releases feature the following message. �Don�t be a victim! Four out of five NY big game hunters wear hunter orange. Since 1992, none of them have been mistaken for deer and killed. But 18 hunters who did not wear hunter orange were mistaken for deer and killed.� In New York State from 1989 to 1995, of the 125 incidents in which hunters were mistaken for game, only six (5%) were wearing hunter orange.Let�s hope hunters get the message. Better yet, let�s deliver it!

brooks, how is it you are so familiar with your "friends" story?

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=TooDogs
brooks, how is it you are so familiar with your "friends" story? [/quote]

just make it up as you go

Last edited by fluffy; 12/15/09.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Wonder where mr.Brooks has been???

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (16gage, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,638
Posts18,512,169
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.