Home
I just got back from my buddy's place. He recounted many deer hunting stories of being scoped by hunters on public ground and of people almost going to shoot him.

In his most recent case, he was walking up the side of a ridge, on a deer trail, then her heard a "huff - a sigh of relief" as a gun hunter, perched in treestand high above him, lowered his rifle, as it was pointing directly at him!

Long story, but they got in a yelling match with the guy in the tree refusing to come down and threatening to fist fight if he did. There are many morons like this out there.

We all know that each year, many hunters and innocent people are shot- remember ? What to do?

He's a best buddy of mine and I could have lost him.
BS.......didnt happen!

Yes, it did. Unfortunately so.

The treestand hunter claimed to be on a dividing property line between public and private land. The property line had been cleared (blazed by surveyors) to delineate the two properties- and created a great shooting lane for the treestand guy.

My buddy was walking up the ridge along a deer path that ran alongside the private land and going towards the property line but never on it.

This treestand hunter claims he should have been the only one there because his treestand was on one of the private trees on private property- but he was bordering public land!!

The reason the guy refused to get down from his treestand is that he was on private land and told my buddy to take a hike!He also threatened my friend that if he came any closer to him he would charge him with trespassing even though at that point he was standing on the laneway created by the surveyors between the properties!

This unfortunately, is going to happen more and more...
Still dont believe you.....you have been making a bunch of stupid threads as of late, it seems as if to "stir the pot" so to speak.......so I am calling BS on this story.

Dont even sound right the story. crazy
You sir, have a right to your own opinion even if it's wrong-please refrain though from making false accusations as I want to discuss this topic.

If you have nothing of value to add, then don't. Simple. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Tom264
Still dont believe you.....you have been making a bunch of stupid threads as of late,
Like I said earlier......
Still dont believe you.....you have been making a bunch of stupid threads as of late, it seems as if to "stir the pot" so to speak.......so I am calling BS on this story.

Dont even sound right the story. crazy

I noticed this also. Out for Christmas break maybe?
As others have said in other threads....our boy Brooksrange is a TROLL.....its obvious.
Yep, multiple stupid questions in multiple forums.
First, I'm not a "troll". Second, this is a true story.

If you refuse to believe it, then stop posting. As of now, the only troll has been you on this thread, disturbing the value and discussion that the implications have on all of us hunters.

Again, I ask that you stop posting if you have nothing to add to the value of my original post.

Again, I politely say thank you.
Not only that look at his thread/posting history on here.

Lead poison, not killing wolves....on and on......he needs to be flushed.

Wow, let me understand...you guys all go on multiple forums to look for my posts wink I'm so grateful that I have a following crazy

Seriously, my buddy really believes that more not less regulation will help him avoid an unfortunate incident like he had...

Remember the seat belt??!!It took years to get drivers to wear them...years for treestand hunters to wear belts and years more- or not, to get legislation put in place to get safer in the forest!

Blah blah blah blah.............
Do deer smell farts, hard not notice something that stupid. As far as more regulation, give up your own damn freedom leave me alone. I bet your an obama fan to!
Lets play a little....

Lead_Contamination_Bullet
Accubond vs TSX....many lead fragments in meat
Bullet weight retained weight.
Lead ban for big game hunting bullets.
Save the Wolves.
Elk shooting just for the fun of it.
Killing Wolves is not the answer.
.....And course the most recent ones..

I say again TROLL!
What good would more legislation do? There still isn't enough time or manpower to enforce the existing laws. What color clothing was your buddy wearing?
Tom, I will put you on ignore... your "blah blah blah blah" is very childish and immature.

Best regards,
Brooks
What did the treestand guy have to come down for? None of your buddies business about him up there unless your buddy wanted to whoop his butt... in that case I suspect my response to an attempted butt whooping would have been permanent.
Doughboy,

He was wearing MossyOak camo. He also had a brown beenie and brown boots along with a stainless rifle.

I think that the noisy leaves combined with the screen of brush made the other guy ready his rifle prematurely.

It's scary out there.
Originally Posted by brooksrange
Tom, I will put you on ignore... your "blah blah blah blah" is very childish and immature.

Best regards,
Brooks
Really!!??

Screw you azzwipe!
Another thing.....you wouldnt go by the handle "oldbuckkiller" on another forum by chance would you?
rost495,

I guess they both got into a heated yelling match. My friend was angry and initially thought the treestand guy was still on public land and wanted to report him and the other guy was upset that my buddy was walking in "his territory", even if it was on public land.
Accidents surely happen. Sometimes pure negligence happens as well. With that said, you take a risk every time you walk out the door. Funny, but I have never felt like it is scary out there in the woods.

No thanks to your suggestion of more regulation.

Landrum
Another thing.....you wouldnt go by the handle "oldbuckkiller" on another forum by chance would you?

Absolutely not. Never heard of that person.

BTW, Tom265, it's Christmas season, I will not put you on ignore. I am sorry that you feel that I am sometimes controversial, but please understand that this is a true story.
Doughboy,

He was wearing MossyOak camo. He also had a brown beenie and brown boots along with a stainless rifle.

I think that the noisy leaves combined with the screen of brush made the other guy ready his rifle prematurely.

It's scary out there.

It's scary out there...then stay home. Don't go in the woods, and quit making BS stories.

Don't believe you either. How could he hear a sigh of relief if he was walking in the leaves?
Doughboy,

It's scary out there.
What state??
I'm not quite sure, but I think I detect a bit of sarcasm with the brown beenie comment. In your oppinion the other guy readied his rifle too early, but if it had been a deer coming through and he waited until he saw the deer, then the deer quite possibly would have seen the hunter move his gun to shoot and the deer would have been gone, or some poor shots would have been taken at a running target. Also if your buddy was wearing the clothes you said he was, he was walking along a deer trail as you said he was and the other hunter was on private land as you said he was, then I think your buddy should tell the other hunter thanks for being sure of his target before shooting and move on his merry way!
brooksrange; I don't believe these guys are being nice to you; they are being mean and I think the hunting situation question that you described deserves a serious answer from someone who wants to help.

That wouldn't be me, however.
What state was this in Brooksrange?
i dont know what state this happened in but i know of a few states that have orange laws while hunting on public land im sorry him being dressed the way he was he must have death wish to walk around on public hunting land like that JEEZ wear some [bleep] orange, now if he would have had orange on and that happened id be pissed to
Thats what I was getting too.

Orange laws and what state he was in.....he's googling right now.
The treestand hunter claimed to be on a dividing property line between public and private land. The property line had been cleared (blazed by surveyors) to delineate the two properties- and created a great shooting lane for the treestand guy.

I'd like to see that.

I can barely get my guys to cut line I can walk down, let alone something suitable for a firing lane.
Remember the seat belt??!!It took years to get drivers to wear them...years for treestand hunters to wear belts and years more- or not, to get legislation put in place to get safer in the forest!

There are already laws on the books against reckless gun handling, which would include drawing down on another person on purpose or by accident. Besides, how is another law gonna help unless there's a LEO there to observe?

Wear orange.
Originally Posted by tzone
Doughboy,

It's scary out there.

It's scary out there...then stay home. Don't go in the woods, and quit making BS stories.

Don't believe you either. How could he hear a sigh of relief if he was walking in the leaves?

The leaves didn't make that much noise; the hunter was only about 10 feet above him and 20 feet off to the side AND at the same time he saw movement of the guy lowering his rifle! He had just come into view along the top of the ridge, around some trees. I swear that Idaho gets more and more hunting pressure each year in some places!

There was a study done that's interesting about hunter orange:

This year, the New York State Hunting and Trapping Regulations Guide and news releases feature the following message. �Don�t be a victim! Four out of five NY big game hunters wear hunter orange. Since 1992, none of them have been mistaken for deer and killed. But 18 hunters who did not wear hunter orange were mistaken for deer and killed.� In New York State from 1989 to 1995, of the 125 incidents in which hunters were mistaken for game, only six (5%) were wearing hunter orange.Let�s hope hunters get the message. Better yet, let�s deliver it!
"More laws" is rarely the correct answer in this Pop Quiz of Life....
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
"More laws" is rarely the correct answer in this Pop Quiz of Life....

Does that include financial regulation?

oops wrong forum...
I got into it with a guy on another forum who was advocating a 1X-4x variable scope because "he could scan the brush on 1X and turn up the power to 4X to identify anything interesting".

He refused to believe that everyone didn't do the same thing.

I don't know about the original story in this thread but it does happen.

Dale

What to do when a public land gun is pointing at you?

It's the same thing whether you're at the mall, on private land, or on public land. You should vote for a change. smirk
Doughboy,

It's scary out there.

Your buddy should have been wearing some blaze orange.
Legislation to be safer?

Talk about an oxymoron.

I just got back from my buddy's place. He recounted many deer hunting stories of being scoped by hunters on public ground and of people almost going to shoot him.

In his most recent case, he was walking up the side of a ridge, on a deer trail, then her heard a "huff - a sigh of relief" as a gun hunter, perched in treestand high above him, lowered his rifle, as it was pointing directly at him!

Long story, but they got in a yelling match with the guy in the tree refusing to come down and threatening to fist fight if he did. There are many morons like this out there.

We all know that each year, many hunters and innocent people are shot- remember ? What to do?

He's a best buddy of mine and I could have lost him.

Did you read this in Field and STream douchebag?
grin
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Did you read this in Field and STream douchebag?

No; however, you're the douchebag and 'Stream' does not have a capital T in it:
[Linked Image]
If it quacks like a troll..............

The leaves didn't make that much noise; the hunter was only about 10 feet above him and 20 feet off to the side AND at the same time he saw movement of the guy lowering his rifle! He had just come into view along the top of the ridge, around some trees. I swear that Idaho gets more and more hunting pressure each year in some places!

Well, then if he was that close, both hunters should have seen each other.
(tom264)

"Thats what I was getting too.

Orange laws and what state he was in.....he's googling right now."

(brooksrange)
"I swear that Idaho gets more and more hunting pressure each year in some places!"

wow tom you nailed that one!!!! now im thinking troll for sure
wtf are you talking about. Didn't call you or brooks a troll. it just smells funny and I'm sayin' so.

ooooops! fixed it for ya sorry bout that grin
Poor, poor brooksrange.

grin
I don't know if the story happened or not. None of us do because there was only two people, supposedly, present. We are only hearing one side of the story third hand hearsay.

Does getting scoped by a rifle pointing hunter happen. Hell yes it do and it is frightening even if it desn't make you mad as a hornet. That's why I'm using a small pair of binoculars when I am looking.

If you are hunting public land, what there is of it, in Texas you have to wear orange. I don't know if it bullet proofs you against idiots or not.

IMO getting in a mouth match with some idiot that has just pointed a firearm at you is fairly dumb. I'm taking cover asap.

BCR
Brooksrange has never had a gun or weapon of any sort in her hands. I guarantee that . He is the total [bleep] troll of trolls masquerading as some sort of gun owner/hunter whatever.

Thanks for posting your personal pic as well. Hopefully you will wear that outfit the next time you are hunting in some GAY bar .
Gay Trolls reading Field & Stream?!?! eek
Good post BCR.
WTF ??
It doesn't have to be public land for it to happen. Last saturday evening I was parked in a driveway on my own property. A wheat field adjoins the drive way and a little 6 point buck is grazing along a hundred yards or so between me and a public road (another 200 yards). Some idiot stops on the road,(could see it coming) pokes a rifle out of the window and starts getting ready to shoot this little buck. I did have a rifle of my own and was detemined to stop the vehicle if he shot as I knew mine would be hit or worse. Finally he did notice my jeep, took off at a high rate of speed. One cannot believe how much I detest road hunters!!!
I am going to call BS on this story just like all his other BS posts. I am a surveyor and have surveyed many of property lines and never in my life have I seen or been part of clearing a property line that could be used as a shooting lane from a treestand.

It just doesn't happen we do not need line of sight from 20' up in a tree it is ground level clearing.

Brooksrange you are a troll and you are on ignore christmas or not.

rost495,

I guess they both got into a heated yelling match. My friend was angry and initially thought the treestand guy was still on public land and wanted to report him and the other guy was upset that my buddy was walking in "his territory", even if it was on public land.

What the hell was he gonna report?
Originally Posted by tzone
Doughboy,

It's scary out there.

There was a study done that's interesting about hunter orange:

This year, the New York State Hunting and Trapping Regulations Guide and news releases feature the following message. �Don�t be a victim! Four out of five NY big game hunters wear hunter orange. Since 1992, none of them have been mistaken for deer and killed. But 18 hunters who did not wear hunter orange were mistaken for deer and killed.� In New York State from 1989 to 1995, of the 125 incidents in which hunters were mistaken for game, only six (5%) were wearing hunter orange.Let�s hope hunters get the message. Better yet, let�s deliver it!

brooks, how is it you are so familiar with your "friends" story?
[quote=TooDogs
brooks, how is it you are so familiar with your "friends" story? [/quote]

just make it up as you go
Wonder where mr.Brooks has been???
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
brooksrange; I don't believe these guys are being nice to you; they are being mean and I think the hunting situation question that you described deserves a serious answer from someone who wants to help.

That wouldn't be me, however.

Now that's funny right there..!
Thanks. After I posted it I got to thinking, "Jeez, I hope nobody thinks I'm seriously feeling sorry for the troll."
I knew it right off the bat. grin
This guy/gal has wasted too much of my time as well. I think my Christmas present to myself may just have to be putting him on ignore.

It's a bit disappointing.
© 24hourcampfire