Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Another thing.....you wouldnt go by the handle "oldbuckkiller" on another forum by chance would you?

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
rost495,

I guess they both got into a heated yelling match. My friend was angry and initially thought the treestand guy was still on public land and wanted to report him and the other guy was upset that my buddy was walking in "his territory", even if it was on public land.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Accidents surely happen. Sometimes pure negligence happens as well. With that said, you take a risk every time you walk out the door. Funny, but I have never felt like it is scary out there in the woods.

No thanks to your suggestion of more regulation.

Landrum

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
Another thing.....you wouldnt go by the handle "oldbuckkiller" on another forum by chance would you?

Absolutely not. Never heard of that person.

BTW, Tom265, it's Christmas season, I will not put you on ignore. I am sorry that you feel that I am sometimes controversial, but please understand that this is a true story.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by brooksrange
Doughboy,

He was wearing MossyOak camo. He also had a brown beenie and brown boots along with a stainless rifle.

I think that the noisy leaves combined with the screen of brush made the other guy ready his rifle prematurely.

It's scary out there.

It's scary out there...then stay home. Don't go in the woods, and quit making BS stories.

Don't believe you either. How could he hear a sigh of relief if he was walking in the leaves?

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Doughboy,

He was wearing MossyOak camo. He also had a brown beenie and brown boots along with a stainless rifle.

I think that the noisy leaves combined with the screen of brush made the other guy ready his rifle prematurely.

It's scary out there.
What state??

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I'm not quite sure, but I think I detect a bit of sarcasm with the brown beenie comment. In your oppinion the other guy readied his rifle too early, but if it had been a deer coming through and he waited until he saw the deer, then the deer quite possibly would have seen the hunter move his gun to shoot and the deer would have been gone, or some poor shots would have been taken at a running target. Also if your buddy was wearing the clothes you said he was, he was walking along a deer trail as you said he was and the other hunter was on private land as you said he was, then I think your buddy should tell the other hunter thanks for being sure of his target before shooting and move on his merry way!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
brooksrange; I don't believe these guys are being nice to you; they are being mean and I think the hunting situation question that you described deserves a serious answer from someone who wants to help.

That wouldn't be me, however.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
What state was this in Brooksrange?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i dont know what state this happened in but i know of a few states that have orange laws while hunting on public land im sorry him being dressed the way he was he must have death wish to walk around on public hunting land like that JEEZ wear some [bleep] orange, now if he would have had orange on and that happened id be pissed to

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Thats what I was getting too.

Orange laws and what state he was in.....he's googling right now.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The treestand hunter claimed to be on a dividing property line between public and private land. The property line had been cleared (blazed by surveyors) to delineate the two properties- and created a great shooting lane for the treestand guy.

I'd like to see that.

I can barely get my guys to cut line I can walk down, let alone something suitable for a firing lane.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Remember the seat belt??!!It took years to get drivers to wear them...years for treestand hunters to wear belts and years more- or not, to get legislation put in place to get safer in the forest!

There are already laws on the books against reckless gun handling, which would include drawing down on another person on purpose or by accident. Besides, how is another law gonna help unless there's a LEO there to observe?

Wear orange.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Doughboy,

It's scary out there.

It's scary out there...then stay home. Don't go in the woods, and quit making BS stories.

Don't believe you either. How could he hear a sigh of relief if he was walking in the leaves?

The leaves didn't make that much noise; the hunter was only about 10 feet above him and 20 feet off to the side AND at the same time he saw movement of the guy lowering his rifle! He had just come into view along the top of the ridge, around some trees. I swear that Idaho gets more and more hunting pressure each year in some places!

There was a study done that's interesting about hunter orange:

This year, the New York State Hunting and Trapping Regulations Guide and news releases feature the following message. �Don�t be a victim! Four out of five NY big game hunters wear hunter orange. Since 1992, none of them have been mistaken for deer and killed. But 18 hunters who did not wear hunter orange were mistaken for deer and killed.� In New York State from 1989 to 1995, of the 125 incidents in which hunters were mistaken for game, only six (5%) were wearing hunter orange.Let�s hope hunters get the message. Better yet, let�s deliver it!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"More laws" is rarely the correct answer in this Pop Quiz of Life....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
"More laws" is rarely the correct answer in this Pop Quiz of Life....

Does that include financial regulation?

oops wrong forum...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I got into it with a guy on another forum who was advocating a 1X-4x variable scope because "he could scan the brush on 1X and turn up the power to 4X to identify anything interesting".

He refused to believe that everyone didn't do the same thing.

I don't know about the original story in this thread but it does happen.

Dale

This space for rent

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
What to do when a public land gun is pointing at you?

It's the same thing whether you're at the mall, on private land, or on public land. You should vote for a change. smirk

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doughboy,

It's scary out there.

Your buddy should have been wearing some blaze orange.

Steve

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Legislation to be safer?

Talk about an oxymoron.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 8 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,402
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.