Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just got back from my buddy's place. He recounted many deer hunting stories of being scoped by hunters on public ground and of people almost going to shoot him.

In his most recent case, he was walking up the side of a ridge, on a deer trail, then her heard a "huff - a sigh of relief" as a gun hunter, perched in treestand high above him, lowered his rifle, as it was pointing directly at him!

Long story, but they got in a yelling match with the guy in the tree refusing to come down and threatening to fist fight if he did. There are many morons like this out there.

We all know that each year, many hunters and innocent people are shot- remember ? What to do?

He's a best buddy of mine and I could have lost him.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
BS.......didnt happen!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes, it did. Unfortunately so.

The treestand hunter claimed to be on a dividing property line between public and private land. The property line had been cleared (blazed by surveyors) to delineate the two properties- and created a great shooting lane for the treestand guy.

My buddy was walking up the ridge along a deer path that ran alongside the private land and going towards the property line but never on it.

This treestand hunter claims he should have been the only one there because his treestand was on one of the private trees on private property- but he was bordering public land!!

The reason the guy refused to get down from his treestand is that he was on private land and told my buddy to take a hike!He also threatened my friend that if he came any closer to him he would charge him with trespassing even though at that point he was standing on the laneway created by the surveyors between the properties!

This unfortunately, is going to happen more and more...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Still dont believe you.....you have been making a bunch of stupid threads as of late, it seems as if to "stir the pot" so to speak.......so I am calling BS on this story.

Dont even sound right the story. crazy

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You sir, have a right to your own opinion even if it's wrong-please refrain though from making false accusations as I want to discuss this topic.

If you have nothing of value to add, then don't. Simple. Thanks.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Tom264
Still dont believe you.....you have been making a bunch of stupid threads as of late,
Like I said earlier......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tom264
Still dont believe you.....you have been making a bunch of stupid threads as of late, it seems as if to "stir the pot" so to speak.......so I am calling BS on this story.

Dont even sound right the story. crazy

I noticed this also. Out for Christmas break maybe?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
As others have said in other threads....our boy Brooksrange is a TROLL.....its obvious.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yep, multiple stupid questions in multiple forums.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
First, I'm not a "troll". Second, this is a true story.

If you refuse to believe it, then stop posting. As of now, the only troll has been you on this thread, disturbing the value and discussion that the implications have on all of us hunters.

Again, I ask that you stop posting if you have nothing to add to the value of my original post.

Again, I politely say thank you.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Not only that look at his thread/posting history on here.

Lead poison, not killing wolves....on and on......he needs to be flushed.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wow, let me understand...you guys all go on multiple forums to look for my posts wink I'm so grateful that I have a following crazy

Seriously, my buddy really believes that more not less regulation will help him avoid an unfortunate incident like he had...

Remember the seat belt??!!It took years to get drivers to wear them...years for treestand hunters to wear belts and years more- or not, to get legislation put in place to get safer in the forest!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Blah blah blah blah.............

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Do deer smell farts, hard not notice something that stupid. As far as more regulation, give up your own damn freedom leave me alone. I bet your an obama fan to!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
What good would more legislation do? There still isn't enough time or manpower to enforce the existing laws. What color clothing was your buddy wearing?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tom, I will put you on ignore... your "blah blah blah blah" is very childish and immature.

Best regards,
Brooks

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What did the treestand guy have to come down for? None of your buddies business about him up there unless your buddy wanted to whoop his butt... in that case I suspect my response to an attempted butt whooping would have been permanent.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Doughboy,

He was wearing MossyOak camo. He also had a brown beenie and brown boots along with a stainless rifle.

I think that the noisy leaves combined with the screen of brush made the other guy ready his rifle prematurely.

It's scary out there.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by brooksrange
Tom, I will put you on ignore... your "blah blah blah blah" is very childish and immature.

Best regards,
Brooks
Really!!??

Screw you azzwipe!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,702
Posts18,475,262
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.