Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Many of you that accused me for being wrong, stupid, uninformed, etc. can now read the writing for yourself:

...evidence now is overwhelming that the source of that poison is fragmented lead bullets fired by Minnesota hunters

Lead is being legislated for banning as we speak.

HERE IS THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN FOR LEAD BULLETS:

Bald Eagles are Dying from Lead Bullet Fragments In Carcasses

Veterinarians and researchers say bald eagles in Minnesota have been dying of lead poisoning for years...
"We're poisoning eagles, our national symbol,"

I've made the switch to copper and all I can say is I hope that many of you do so too for our families, children, animals, EAGLES and CONDORS...

Last edited by brooksrange; 11/27/08. Reason: I took out the childish 'I told you so', I should not stoop to their level. I am sorry and I apologize.

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We've got bald eagles all along the Columbia River every fall & winter... Bunches of 'em.

When I was a kid, they were few and far between. Now I see 'em almost every time I go fishing.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You need to check the sources out there; for example this article from NSSF:

http://www.nssf.org/news/PR_idx.cfm...nid=f030907e441d9747de8825d16663e3f7d507

To: ALL MEDIA
For immediate release

November 7, 2008

For more information contact:

Ted Novin
203-426-1320

Firearms Industry Statement on Results of
CDC Blood Lead Levels in Hunters Study

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) -- the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry -- issued the following statement in response to study results from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), released by the North Dakota Department of Health, showing no evidence that lead or "traditional" ammunition pose any health risk to those who consume harvested game meat.
<snip>

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
they should ban you. ive never seen someone so annoying in my life. how many threads are you going to start? maybe find another hobby?

IC B2

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As noted in a media advisory released by the North Dakota Department of Health, the highest lead level reading of an adult study participant was still below the CDC accepted lead level threshold for that of a child, and significantly lower than the CDC accepted lead level threshold for that of an adult. Furthermore, during a tele-press conference hosted by the ND Department of Health, officials stated they could not verify whether this adult even consumed game harvested with traditional ammunition. Correspondingly, the study only showed an insignificant 0.3 micrograms per deciliter difference between participants who ate wild game harvested with traditional ammunition and non-hunters in the control group.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's see...CDC says it's not a problem...a veterinarian and a graduate student at a raptor center say it is...hmmm...who should I believe?

Oh...let me see...no one I have ever heard of who eats game meat has ever had a problem with elevated lead levels -- and all our children have been tested.

So...hmmm...I'm still not convinced.

Then there is that pious attitude...tells me that the proponent is just too full of himself to be credible. Comes on way too much like Al Gore to be believed.

Just my take on it.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
geezus H, methinks that brooksrange suffers from wilderness weariness. Ie, that he needs to get laid.
Just me tho, Bear in Fairbanks

Last edited by Bear_in_Fairbanks; 11/26/08.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was hoping he hadn't reproduced...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by muledeer
I was hoping he hadn't reproduced...

Dennis
I was very gratious in acknowledging your post on the other thread. That wasn't nice and I deserve but don't expect an apology.

While I'm thick-skinned and can take a lot of ribbing, this is different. I've seen a total lack of maturity, been denegrated, had very negative comments and attacks directed at me and even had someone suggest that I commit suicide. I think that this is totally uncalled for.

I would have much preferred a healthy debate, maybe a few fun jokes and a good discussion on the facts or lack thereof of the key studies to date. I do have a sense of humor and sometimes joke about Accubombs vs TSX etc. grin but this is way different in terms of peoples reaction to these studies and the article.

It seems akin to burning me at the stake just because I am bringing up subject matter that doesn't jive with many peoples beliefs (at the moment) about lead bullets. Whatever you may think, lead bullets have been demonstrated to at least have a small but real toxic impact on wildlife, humans and the environment versus other alternatives. You may use what you want, but I have voted for change and currently use the TSX or TTSX.

Lead bullets are going away and most manufacturers are trying to catch up to the science and facts to do what is responsible and what consumer trends are indicating. They are also adpating because there is real evidence and wildlife departments and state governments are leading change for more environmentally friendly bullets. Did steel shot and their substitutes stop waterfowl hunting? No, not at all. I suggest that we all become more responsible for our actions. Others feel my way and have privately PM'd me to thank me. I hope that some of them are allowed to share their views without the harrassment and crap that I've had to deal with.

Anyways, you'll not hear from me for a while, life is too short- I'm going hunting!!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do not believe I have ever responded to Mr. Brooksrange before. They do all seem to have a common thread and feeling about them.

I have seen vary similar after parades, ROAD APPLES. Give it a break Mr. Roadapples/Mr. Brooksrange, please find another subject.

For instance how you no longer hunt with firearms (if you ever did) and have switched over to Non-toxic bird watching.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Starting a thread with "I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO" probably isn't the way to get a "Healthy debate" going, even on the playground.....

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Brooks,

We all have access to the information on the web and being sportsmen most of already have researched things.

So either your very, very nieve or your have an agenda.

I'm guessing the latter -

Given the board is about hunting your actions are less than admirable outside of your own context (box).

So - yes brooksrange - your being being a pain, your treating others like they are stupid, and pissing them off knowingly.

So unless your one brick light of a load, or 12 years old stop playing an innocent hero and be upfront about your agenda.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy is a shill. Don't bother answering him.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sgt217
Starting a thread with "I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO" probably isn't the way to get a "Healthy debate" going, even on the playground.....

+1......Not the best way of doing things.

randy..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW! the ignore feature works so wonderfully grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pahick,

I have used the "ignore" on only a couple folks. This guy is getting close.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I did put him on ignore -

It's like getting a nice thanksgiving present

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats it, Im going to stop eating eagle.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never cared for eagle. Tastes too much like spotted owl.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (7mm_Loco, BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 7 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,442
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.