Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 75 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 74 75
rnr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
From the recent posts I see this, please correct me if I am wrong.....and some of yuo have changed your mind. Please update your opinion. Thanks

Thermopolis-Hot Springs State Park
rnr

Saratoga/Encampment-Jacks Creek Crew Quarters
KC
Tracks
gotlost
elkhunter76
JacquesLarami
wyoelk
tex n cal
ingwe
rattler
kamerad les
snake river marksman
himmler
jnyork
MackMan

Put me down for Saratoga. I love that area. I'll camp (stay away from the snore-ers wink )but probably take advantage of the showers. At $180 for the facility, it'd be pretty cheap, splitting the cost.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Sherlock Holmes
GB1

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
41.273900� LAT

-107.108505� LONG

on Google Earth for the Jack Creek Crew Quarters. Jack Creek Campground is adjacent. Access is just up the road.

I don't know how to make a 1 click link to this location on Google Earth or Google Map. Can anyone else help?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ryan Park camp ground is 1 mile east of Ryan park on Hwy 130. ( snowy Range Rd)

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Well now guys, I have missed this thread until recently... blush

Put me down for a June 11 & 12 date too, I should be able to make it. It's been a zillion years since I've been up in the Saratoga area.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Preliminary guest list:

elkhunter76 - WY
JacquesLaRami - WY
K Salonek - CO
pumpgun - CO
derby dude - MT
Stemshot - ?
KC - CO
Kamerad Les - CO
shrapnel - MT
leftycarbon - CO
duck911 - CO
weaselsRus - NV
Glock2240 - MT
JeffP40 - MT
Tracks - CO
remfak - CO
himmelrr - CO
tarkio - MT
rattler - MT
ingwe - MT
Rocky Raab - UT
Cheyenne - WY
jnyork - WY
prairie goat - MT
ranger1 - MT
paladin - WY
partagas - WY
Bigbuck215 - MT
Mark R Dobrenski - MT
MackMan - CO
Cinch - WY
Huntsman22 - CO
deflave - MT
gotlost - WY
Northern Dave - MN
John Moses - Somewhere down south
CP - MT
tex n cal - CA
Ralphie - WY
wyoguide - WY
Snake River Marksman - WY
rnr - CO/WY
alpinecrick - CO
Dan Adair - MT
wyoelk - WY (how in the heck did I miss that!)

Last edited by elkhunter76; 12/14/09.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saratoga sounds good to us and 6/11-12 looks good as well. We would think about staying at the Hacienda Motel right next to the liquour store and the food store, to avoid supply problems of course. The cool thing about Saratoga is that it has inexpensive motels for people who don't want to take a big truck and camper or cart a bunch of camping stuff with them. Also, it is close enough to the national forest to do some dispersed camping. There is some nice land close to town along Pennock Mountain Road that has some nice camp spots along a cottonwood lined creek. IIRC, it is BLM land, but I would have to check. BLM and forest service rules on dispersed camping are rather generous (didn�t want to say �liberal� with this crowd). We could do Jack Creek as well. The crew quarters sound nice or we could take the popup.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We booked the Crew quarters with that in mind for those who don't have or don't want to camp. You have mentioned some very good options too! Between you and gotlost, it sounds like you two have some very good firsthand knowledge!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So who in Montana wants to ride with me and split gas?? Being I'm in the NW corner, there's a good chance I'm driving past there anyways. Looks like Kalispell to Saratoga is about a 15 hour drive one way. PM away... Tom, Travis?? Anybody else close by?

The sooner we have a fo' sho' date, the better my odds of getting some vacation time scheduled.

I'm liking the idea of a shower laugh I'll probably throw the topper on my '04 and my air matress in the back... Save the beds for you geezers over 40 laugh

I also have a two burner Camp Chef, a dutch oven rack, two 10" dutchies and a 12" deep... AND a turkey fryer setup.

Elkhunter... Put me down as a definate maybe laugh All I need is the time off and a ride along.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ryan Park is a ways away from Jack Creek but not too far. Camping rules in the Sierra Madres are pretty relaxed, there are several spots to put big campers all over the mountain.

About six years ago we got snowed off the mountain on July 4th so be flexible with our wonderful Wyoming weather.

Add my name to that list Elkhunter. I will just pitch a tent but let me know if you some money for the rentals.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, and I'm used to cooking for 5-8 people at a time out-doors in the summer. That and beer drinking is what we do after 6 when we're done fishing for the day...

Which reminds me, is a 4 or 5 weight 9' flyrod and a Kimber Montana in 260 enough hardware for a 3 day weekend?

I'm Irish...

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The 4 weight will be plenty as is the 260.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DanAdair
So who in Montana wants to ride with me and split gas?? Being I'm in the NW corner, there's a good chance I'm driving past there anyways. Looks like Kalispell to Saratoga is about a 15 hour drive one way. PM away... Tom, Travis?? Anybody else close by?

The sooner we have a fo' sho' date, the better my odds of getting some vacation time scheduled.

I'm liking the idea of a shower laugh I'll probably throw the topper on my '04 and my air matress in the back... Save the beds for you geezers over 40 laugh

I also have a two burner Camp Chef, a dutch oven rack, two 10" dutchies and a 12" deep... AND a turkey fryer setup.

Elkhunter... Put me down as a definate maybe laugh All I need is the time off and a ride along.

You are on the list and the dates are June 11 - 13. We will discuss the menu and gear needed a bit later but I think we have most of it covered. Dutch ovens...hmmmm that has possibilities... I can learn something new!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ill be headed down through Miles City and south through Broadus unless ingwe really does need a ride from Billings on which is fine if he is willing to drive for a couple hours to make up for the detour grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wyoelk

C'mon now every knows you need at least a surf rod for the brookies up there and nothing less than a 45-70 will do...whistle

IF I have missed anyone please let me know! GOing back and forth I have done it more than once! My apologies!

And if you want your name removed let me know too...Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That and beer drinking is what we do after 6 when we're done fishing for the day...

You can't drink beer and fish at the same time? Must be hard core. smile

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by wyoelk

C'mon now every knows you need at least a surf rod for the brookies up there and nothing less than a 45-70 will do...whistle

[/b][/u]

And hip-waders... The bullshit is already getting deep laugh

Dutchies are easy to get along with. I'd be happy to educate as much as possible wink

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
That and beer drinking is what we do after 6 when we're done fishing for the day...

You can't drink beer and fish at the same time? Must be hard core. smile

We're Irish, so we've done the needed research. Two beers, and you miss 2/3rds your strikes... Now I always take "plan B" beer on a float trip, and you'll not likely find to many others that can run a Bucks Bag one man half plowed better than me laugh

I'm Irish...

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Saratoga would be a chip shot from Ft. Collins, Co.

Lefty C

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Based on the posts from the 2009 Tennessee Campfire Pig hunt the bar has been raised.....we have to have a better time than those eastern boys! grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats the irony of it all...

We don't get together around hunting season, because we don't have too laugh

Like Ingwe says, we do a years worth of "Living" from late August until about 2-3 weeks ago.

Maybe we should give serious thought to including the funds for a keg or three with the cabin money?? And everybody brings their own whiskey?

No way is this one going to be a Tool Convention like the Oregon get together laugh

I'm Irish...

Page 13 of 75 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,472,995
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.