Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just beautiful! What wonderful (and I imagine slow & time consuming)work you put into this rifle. Love the wood work!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
levrluvr99
Very Nice,And Very Nice work.Well Done! I can appreciate and understand the time spent in doing one.Show's a lot of pride and joy! So what's your next project? grin
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very nice. It shows what can be done with minimum tools, patience, and the will to make it happen!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for all the positive comments, they are truly appreciated!As for my next project, I'm kinda in limbo right now. maybe another 99? or maybe a 141 remington? also had thoughts of converting a 336 marlin .35 rem., to a .358 win. Ahh,decisions, decisions.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Forget got milk your slogan is Got talent beautiful job!!!!

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Complements to the chef. Definate step up from E factory wood. You did her proud. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
It shoots pretty well, though I don't know if it had anything to do with the stock replacement. I spent a little bit of time on slicking up the trigger, and geez-o-flip, what a world of difference that made. Folks who hunt with the 99 should give a trigger job a serious consideration.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't mean to be a wise arse, but is that thing as heavy as it looks???? That front piece of wood looks pretty bulky.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr99
It shoots pretty well, though I don't know if it had anything to do with the stock replacement. I spent a little bit of time on slicking up the trigger, and geez-o-flip, what a world of difference that made. Folks who hunt with the 99 should give a trigger job a serious consideration.

Plus 1 on that!
I Have adjust 6 so far in the last 2 Months and all break clean with a 3 1/2 to 4 Lb pull,,not all that hard.But the biggest thing i worked on was the trigger creep.Hated that travel before engaging.

Again levrluvr99 nice work-man ship,looks well balanced.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forgive him Lord for he is still suffering from CRI !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
It IS a little heavier than the factory original, but within reason. The wood is denser, and it has a cheekpiece, so I left a little extra meat on the forearm so I could go back and final finish after the buttstock was complete. I wound up liking the forearm a little bigger than normal, and it balanced beautifully, so it worked out nice.

-1899sav -when you say you adjusted the creep, did you cut down the height of the sear?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll P.M. My Reply on the trigger work

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
sounds good

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you want to PM me as well gun smith up here said leave it alone ..wwwway to much pull on most of mine.thanks..norm grin

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Originally Posted by levrluvr99

Plus 1 on that!
I Have adjust 6 so far in the last 2 Months and all break clean with a 3 1/2 to 4 Lb pull,,not all that hard.But the biggest thing i worked on was the trigger creep.Hated that travel before engaging.

Again levrluvr99 nice work-man ship,looks well balanced.
Steve

Hey guys, if my failing memory serves, a recent thread suggested that trigger creep could be corrected on the 99, but pull was less likely to be accomplished. I have a previously unfired 99A Saddle gun. After about 60 rounds so far the trigger pull seems to be easing up, but it is still hard. How does one adjust pull weight? Should I mess with it yet anyway?

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There are no adjustments per se, only polishing and shaping the sear surfaces. Not a task for the novice.

Last edited by Lightfoot; 12/15/09.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I'll 2nd lightfoot's comment. there are ways to manipulate both, but require being careful.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
You did a beautiful job on this rifle. I do hope it proves to be productive in the woods. Also, your photos are very competent.

The power to legislate is the power to destroy
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,173
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.