Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was told by my dealer, "there will be no more .260's chambered by Kimber, because there engineers cant get them to consistantly shoot accurate enough for Kimber's standards."

Anyone else getting the same news?

I told them mine wasn't accurate, I guess they lied to me if the above is true.

If someone knows more than me let me know!

KLM

HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh good lord..

I'm of firm belief that most gun stores are sadly depriving pizza parlors of delivery drivers.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A kimber employee told me exactly the same thing. He just said shipments where delayed with no expected delivery date.

That is stand up thing for kimber to do rather than ship guns and upset customers.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I got a 2 remington .260 one ruger .260 i dont see how kimber coud not get them to shoot accurately i cant get mine to not shoot good it is working its way into being my favorite caliber

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do believe that part of the problem is Kimber "Engineers" don't really see any FACTORY ammo that they like in their guns. Thats a big part of it...

There's the 140 Remmy factory load, which I've yet to see go under 1 3/4 MOA in ANY 260, and the Federal loads that nobody can get.

The 260 is a certified Loony Round. Even at that, most of them are built and not bought. And yes, I did bild my Montana 260.... THREE times.

Thanks McGowen for the 3 junk barrels smile (only 2 of them wound up on my rifle)

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well,

Now that Cooper has come out with their Short action m54 in the .260, it will be interesting to see how they shoot, given Cooper's accuracy guarantee.

The Excalibur model with the stainless tube and 'glass stock @ 6.5 lbs should be a sweet little rig..

Last edited by jim62; 12/16/09.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
the 260 chambering (in any rifle) is almost unheard of in my area. i've looked at guns in numerous shops over the years and have never seen one chambered in 260, so i'd say kimber's news is of no consequence. sadly, the issue of their being inaccurate is what kills kimber sales around here. certainly hope kimber gets their problems sorted out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jim62
Well,

Now that Cooper has come out with their Short action m54 in the .260, it will be interesting to see how they shoot, given Cooper's accuracy guarantee.

The Excalibur model with the stainless tube and 'glass stock @ 6.5 lbs should be a sweet little rig..

Where do you see an Excalibur at 6.5 lbs. They come in a full pound heavier than that.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was told by my dealer, "there will be no more .260's chambered by Kimber, because there engineers cant get them to consistantly shoot accurate enough for Kimber's standards."

TOTAL BS.

They weren't selling enough of them to keep producing them.

Nothing more.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SU35

TOTAL BS.

Nothing more.

I would have to agree with this. The 260 is a rifle looney round and rifle looneys tend to build there own variation rather than buy the factory chambering. Not enough sales to keep it as a viable product.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta think SU35 hit it on the head. Funny though because I see several folks around here are looking at or have bought one - I thought?? I certainly don't see me buying any Kimber if they can't make a freaking 260 shoot. Can't believe that - especially when I shot the tiniest group ever with 120 factory accutips. Have not matched that with a hand load......yet.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Oh good lord..

I'm of firm belief that most gun stores are sadly depriving pizza parlors of delivery drivers.

Oh that's classic!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 6.5whitetail

Anyone else getting the same news?

I told them mine wasn't accurate, I guess they lied to me if the above is true.

If someone knows more than me let me know!

KLM

If this is true it the problem does not lie with 260.

8mmwapiti

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I apoligize for what my dealer told me on a gun I've had ordered since October. I have to keep checking with SU35, he knows everything....just ask him!

Kevin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
There is nothing mystical about making a 260 as accurate as any other chambering. I can hardly believe Kimber made that claim.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Jim62,
from my reading of Cooper's website, their production will be limited to the classic, custom classic and western classic. Didn't see any thing about synthetic stocked model 54's.
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35

TOTAL BS.

Nothing more.

Big time!

And on a side note, I feel that Kimber has a fair area of opportunity when it comes to the quality of their barrels and how they put them on. Again this is just me, but I feel that for the kind of cheddar that one puts out for a Kimber that they should have some kind of quality control happening b4 it goes out the door.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Oh good lord..

On my, and to think I've done each of these... smirk

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My thinking if I'm in business is to tell the customers "we weren't selling enough of them to keep them in our line of guns", instead of " we are gun makers and we dont know how to get the particular caliber to shoot properly". Uh, if you cant figure it out, I'm not sure I want to buy anything from you.

I have been in business for myself and you dont tell the customer you dont know how to do it, if that is your main business. I had 2 of the Kimber .260's and returned 1 for additional work, believe me, mine wouldn't shoot well enough for $1k+.

KLM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 6.5whitetail
My thinking if I'm in business is to tell the customers "we weren't selling enough of them to keep them in our line of guns", instead of " we are gun makers and we dont know how to get the particular caliber to shoot properly". Uh, if you cant figure it out, I'm not sure I want to buy anything from you.

I have been in business for myself and you dont tell the customer you dont know how to do it, if that is your main business. I had 2 of the Kimber .260's and returned 1 for additional work, believe me, mine wouldn't shoot well enough for $1k+.

KLM

They at least did something for you CZ told me that if it functions (makes a noise) it is yours.

8mmwapiti

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.